Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 4,199

JohnnyShoulder

@thiz I think that is about standard for games these days. It is almost impossible to get rid of em all, especially in open world games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@thiz Are you saying that the game didn't give you any opportunity to save before throwing you into a battle over the course of two hours, or that you passed up the opportunity to save your progress and are now upset that you didn't play more cautiously?

Haven't played in since 2017, so I genuinely don't remember if there's a stretch like that.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

andreoni79

@thiz IIRC after every death the game asks you if you want to retry the battle, move to a safe room or exit the dungeon.
I hated when a "social life" section of the game started because there were no chance of saving, but dying after a battle never was a problem...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@andreoni79 I could have sworn this too. A massive step up from 3, where it was very easy to lose hours of progress.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

With the current sale price of $5.99, I couldn’t hold off on buying Doom (2016). I’ve been meaning to play it and I think we might be playing it eventually in Game Club. For the price of burger and fries, you can’t go wrong.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution Great game and a very refreshing change to have a game that encourages aggressive play rather than taking potshots from behind cover.

Thrillho

HotGoomba

Spider-Man. I haven't played on my PS4 in 2-3 years since I moved and got my Switch. So I missed out on many exclusives, but recently I started playing on it again.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Bentleyma

I randomly decided to buy Mafia II: Definitive Edition. It's a terrible remaster of a good game. I'm not sure how 2K thought this game was ready to be released.

Untitled

I don't remember this in the PS3 version. 🤔

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Looks like somebody's standing just out of frame with one of those really powerful handheld Dyson vacuum cleaners. Bit of an anachronistic torture method there!

In all seriousness, that's an appalling port. Do you reckon they'll ever bother fixing it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger I hope they fix it. It's not unplayable, but I've had the game freeze on me a couple of times, which is annoying because the checkpoints are quite far apart sometimes. The frame rate is awful and I've had to restart a mission because the game glitched and wouldn't let me progress.

Bentleyma

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- So the horror stories are true, then? Blimey. Doesn't bode well for the remake of the first game, which I'd kinda been keeping in mind as a possible purchase.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger Yeah, @NDL08 is right. Mafia II: Definitive Edition was ported by d3t Ltd, the same guys that brought Shenmue and Shenmue II to the PS4.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage You mean like this? Untitled

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage There is one of Geena Davis' character when she tries to be scary too!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@NDL08 @Bentleyma- My mistake; thanks for the clarification!

I've only played the first Shenmue, but the port wasn't the worst... but it wasn't the best, either. Perhaps that (coupled with current working conditions) explains a few things.

Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

I have recently spent € 3.99 for Earth Defense Force 4.1.
The game is old, clunky, glitchy, rough, chaotic, ridiculous therefore insanely funny.
I fear I'll spend +100 hours with it!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic