Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 4,206

ZeroOverOne

Finally got my Final Fantasy VII Remake copy yesterday but still didn’t play it because my New PS Vita arrived so I’m in for a treat of Persona 4 Golden and Killzone Mercenary for the next couple of days

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

RogerRoger

@ZeroOverOne You must be one of the only gamers who received their copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake and immediately put it to one side! But that's awesome, because the PS Vita is a cracking little machine. Hope you enjoy Killzone: Mercenary. I keep meaning to replay that someday!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ZeroOverOne

@RogerRoger Yeah Killzone feels great, almost done with the campaign and Persona 4 Golden just keeps surprising me like every other Persona game

As for FFVIIR I am afraid you are right x) Been waiting for the game for 20 years and to put it off straight away is so brutal, hope to come around to it after beating Killzone if I’m in a mood for it xD

ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

@KratosMD thanks a lot. Have you already reached the third semester in P5R ? It will totally blow u away and the final of ####### redemption arc felt so good. Also never forget

Makoto Best Girl

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

nessisonett

@KratosMD You still got uni stuff going on? I guess I’m just lucky, all my lecturers just took our coursework and practical stuff as our final mark instead of trying to teach us remotely. Persona 5 is the perfect game to play alongside work, you can do a little bit each day when you have time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@ZeroOverOne @KratosMD Well, I guess it looks like the only way to kill a new, highly-anticipated Final Fantasy game is with the power of Persona, then!

You gotta play what you love. Cloud will still be there when you're done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ZeroOverOne

@KratosMD Already finished it and can’t wait to start NG+ , the game captured my heart yet again. Of course it’s always better to take your time , rushing thru the game of this quality will just ruin overall experience, that’s why I never skip the texts and instead all of mine are set to change on auto

Made a separate save to check out Kasumi’s romance arc and while it was very cute and Kawai she didn’t really appeal to me as a girl with strong background personality but one with cute looks and soft voice , but I can’t deny she is a cinnamon roll, while I was doing 5th palace I just couldn’t withstand Makoto and romanced her for 4th playthrough already just to see that updated Valentines Day and White day Scene.

So about P4G, I only speak Yukiko sorry mate

ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

@RogerRoger I have always been a huge Persona series fan and now that I finally got a chance to play such highly acclaimed P4G and my personal favourite of them all P5R I completely forgot about Cloud and company until it came by mail this morning x)

ZeroOverOne

andreoni79

I have already spent 63 hours in the crazy world of P5 Royal. Since I usually play 2 totally different games at once to enjoy them better (for the same reason Guinness and smoked salmon are even tastier if paired) last night I bought Ancestors: The Humankind Odissey for € 19.90.
The game surely is a love-or-hate thing and I decided to give it a chance since innovation have to be supported if possible. I may write soon some impressions about this overlooked game...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

ApostateMage

@andreoni79 I love me some Guinness so now I'll absolutely have to try it with some smoked salmon. Sounds delicious. Thanks for the tip.

ApostateMage

GwynbleiddPT

FF VII Remake and fricking loving it,as a newcomer cant say if it change for the better or worse but its good...very very good.

GwynbleiddPT

Black_Swordsman

Alien: Isolation - The Collection. I've played the game before but not completed it so I'd like to give it another go, plus you get the films and DLC with the collection.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@andreoni79 No you get Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 with the game and DLC.

Edit: My mistake, it's just the DLC.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Daymos

Finally bought Dark Souls 3, loving the $15 price tag. Years ago I had the dark souls trilogy for ps4 preordered and canceled it.. still kicking myself for that. Also just got a ps4 pro since my launch console's disc drive is having issues, still a good 'digital only' machine though.

Daymos

RogerRoger

Just snagged PS4 physical versions of Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast and Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy from Limited Run Games, in a nice-lookin' double pack.

Also got the super-fancy editions of their PC versions, for the ever-expanding collection.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

...and another double-post (sorry) but I've just had to renew my PS Plus and, whilst there, I had a quick look around the current sale. With my leftover PSN credit, I snagged DOOM 3 (27% off) and Final Fantasy VII (the original, not the remake, which is reduced by 50%).

Never played either of them, but keen to try both, for different reasons. They'll probably go a little further down on the backlog to-do list for now, though.

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger That’s interesting that you picked up FF7 (original). It’s certainly one of the all time greats, but I can’t remember you having mentioned playing much FF before. Will this be your first time to play it? What’s your history with the series? Just curious.

I really adore FF7 for what it is from a nostalgia and gaming history stand point. I’ve not felt inclined to go back and play it again though. I’m not sure it would have the same impact. I’m looking forward to playing the remake though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@RogerRoger You’re in for a treat with FF7, as of this moment I think it’s better than the remake. Maybe once the other parts come out it’ll surpass it but as a fully fledged, tight RPG experience, not many games come close.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Curious to see how you react to DOOM 3, given your thorny relationship with the horror genre.

FF7's visuals have aged poorly, but it's still one of the most important games ever made, and there still isn't really anything else like it (not even the remake!).

I recall @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy saying she didn't get on well with it when she tried to play it for the first time in the last few years.

Some games, I imagine, aren't as charming these days when the nostalgic warmth of childhood memories don't accompany them in your mind.

Hopefully you'll like it, even if it is no longer the technically awesome blockbuster it was upon release in 1997.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic