Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 4,206

ZeroOverOne

@mookysam May I know at what store did u get it? Was radiating it as well but couldn’t find one for a reasonable price

ZeroOverOne

nessisonett

@KratosMD Do you prefer physical copies and that’s why you’re not playing Bioshock with PS+ on Tuesday?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD There is no way i would have payed that much for the physical edition of the BioShock collection. Not just because it is on ps+ in a couple of days but mainly cos I've seen it for a lot cheaper in the sales on the PS store.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Got my copy of Shadow of the Tomb Raider in the mail!

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane Do let us know how you like it. I expect you’ll enjoy it if you’re a fan of exploration and discovering / solving tombs. It’s a very good game imo.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Octane ...and it wasn't covered in jam, no? Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Octane Score!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Squeenix did that twice; once for Sleeping Dogs and then again when Rise of the Tomb Raider came late to PS4 as the "20 Year Celebration" edition. I have both and they're gorgeous. There have been a couple other games which promised to come with artbooks, but they were just tiny separate books jammed inside a cardboard sleeve alongside a regular blue case.

Glad you're happy with your purchases, and enjoy playing the games!

Making It So Since 1987

LuisCruz13

Just bought Reborn: A Samurai Awakens. Biggest mistake I have made. Expected a cross between Metal Gear Rising and Sairento with a hint of Star Wars. Got instead a low budget wave shooter that tries to hard to be any of those but fails. Some of their most hyped features like slicing enemies to pieces or skill customization were either lies or underutilized/downplayed. The bosses aren't as epic as they said, since they mostly consist of waggle fests or QTEs. Oh, and did I mention that the game is very buggy with its blocking mechanic, the main focus of the game, working randomly? In other words, it doesn't always work as intented. Not to mention this game has some of the most pathetic waves of enemies. They're incredibly easy to dispatch, especially with your instant-kill gravity attack. The only challenge is when one of the enemy gets stuck and is immune to damage because of it. Really, the only challenge in the game are the bugs and glitches. The game only because "hard" (and by heard I mean tedious) when the game expects you to know how handle two bosses or fight one who's invisible or know when to dodge the final boss' one shot attack. It's not hard but because the gameplay doesn't always work as intended, it just makes the bosses more of a hassle than they need to. Of course, your health is much bigger than theirs so it's not too much of an issue.

But yeah, overall, this game is a huge disappointment. If you thought games like Dark Legion or Gungrave VR were bad, wait till you get a load of this game. Or just see other people playing the game like Polish Paul's or PSVR Without Parole's (also, don't trust that one video with the title "Is this Metal Gear Rising VR ??!?!". CLEARLY CLICKBAIT). It's not even a "so bad is good" kind of game. It's more of a "so bad is boring". Replaying any stages (there are only 5) gets repetitive quickly once you know what enemy they'll throw at you, and considering they're are as dumb as bricks, the only fun you might is if you turn your brain off and either waggle your way to victory or just constantly throw any enemies with your gravity attack. That is until the game glitches out, forcing you to restart a checkpoint and lose some of your earned points (though you must really be bored out of your mind if you really think earning S ranks in this game is be worth of your time unless you're a trophy hunter, especially when earning those ranks are easy as pie and it's hard to even die, with only things you need to be careful are broken boss QTEs that can one shot you).

It really sucks cause I really looked forward for it when it was first shown at Pax east 2017. It wasn't amazing but it certainly looked much better than it is now. Makes you wonder what really happened during the game's development. Also, the launch trailer is the exact same as the one from 2017. I guess even they knew how bad the game turned out to be.

Oh well. Atleast we're getting a new Sairento update this summer. Seriously though. Get Sairento instead and avoid Reborn. Just because it has lightsabers doesn't mean it makes it the definitive "Star Wars + MGR" experience, though considering the game was made the same people who worked on a casual VR wave shooter, it's no surprise lol.

Edited on by LuisCruz13

LuisCruz13

SoulsBourne128

@LuisCruz13 had the exact same thought. I really don't know what went wrong here. The game was in development for 3 years, and the final product feels more like an Early Access version.

SoulsBourne128

nessisonett

Just bought 428: Shibuya Scramble as it was on sale for barely anything at all. It’s one of my favourite visual novels of all time and an absolute riot from start to finish. Replaying it is going to be so much fun.

KALofKRYPTON

Recent feels, a discovery on how to travel the 'neutron star superhighway' and generally remorse at selling on a game that I really enjoyed as I didn't have much space - have lead me to grab Elite: Dangerous from PSN for the bargain price of £9.99. May hold off until I've finished up Uncharted before climbing back in to the cockpit (I'll need to relearn how to fly with the DS4, since I got rid of the HOTAS too!).

Also spent a bit of birthday cash on Sudden Strike 4: Complete Collection. Wanted the game for a bit after I'd got it for my brother and enjoyed what I saw of it. Again, it'll be one to keep for when the Uncharted run is finished.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Gmork___

Really interested in the new horror game NERVED for a measly $12. It looks too goid to only be that much, something MUST be up.
Has anyone played it?

psn - Gmork___ feel free to add me (ps3/ps4)

Thrillho

I picked up Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition as I needed something different after Yakuza 3. The review by @gbanas92 helped nudge me towards getting it too.

I have started another game of Civ 6 up though too..

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I'd be interested to read what you think of Kentucky Route Zero. It very much intrigues me, but I've had a mixed history with similar games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Not exactly a purchase as my friend’s letting me borrow it but I finally have my hands on Star Wars Fallen Order. I have about 20 minutes of Tomb Raider reboot left but I’m really looking forward to getting stuck in.

nessisonett

@Pzvejas I’m really enjoying it, it’s basically a Metroidvania, which I love. There are a loooot of technical issues however, it’s a bit annoying. The frame rate is a bit rubbish even on a Pro, there’s lots of clipping and load times are awful. Still, it’s seriously fun and you’ll keep wanting to explore.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic