Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 4,199

avividan

Brought resident evil origins which include resi 0 + 1 to be ready for the resi 3 remake. Still need to play resi 2 remake.

avividan

themcnoisy

Just picked up both Tekken 7 including the dlc upto season 2 for £14 and a Toy tank game which looked like Tank from the Atari 2600. That second game is dead easy for Trophies, get on it! Hidden gem.

Both from the PS Store.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

After finding nothing that grabbed me in the sale (despite it almost containing every game ever made!) but still having a tenner's worth of credit on my account, I picked up all the bizarre and goofy vehicle DLC from Just Cause 4 which, yeah, wasn't worth it when £6 a piece, but is totally worth it at £6 for the lot. It can be there for when I'm looking to waste a weekend mucking about in a sandbox.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I share the same sentiments as you, wasn't blown away by anything in the sale. May see where my head is at after I'm done with The Outer Worlds and see if I feel the same way, if nothing in my library tickles my fancy.

I've got a wish list of games and dlc on the store through the PS App, whenever there is a sale I just scroll over that first to see if there is anything on offer.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That's handy to know. I don't have any of the PlayStation apps on my phone (I like to keep things separate) but, as somebody who uses his Amazon Wish List to keep track of general purchases, some kind of PSN equivalent could get me to download and sign up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I picked up Civ 6 and the DLC packs in the sale. Still £55 for both but a lot better than full price!

Thrillho

RR529

Picked some things up in the sale.

• Kingdom Hearts III
  • Knack II
  • LEGO Jurassic World
  • Tales of Berseria
  • The Order: 1886

All for under $60.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

sonicbooming

Here are my most recent purchases:

• The Witcher III
  • Control
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Wolfenstein: New Order

sonicbooming

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I've always wondered why a wish list can't be baked into the store on the ps4. Mind you it struggles sometimes as it is, so maybe it's for the best!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Or why I can’t get emails when stuff on my wish list is on sale! (Or if you can, why I don’t know about it..)

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Nintendo do this, so there should be no reason Sony can't.

andreoni79

This afternoon I've found a sealed copy of Hitman Definitive Edition for € 10. Not bad!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Shellcore

Picked up Frostpunk in the sale. Not spent too much time with it, but enjoyed what I have played so far. The intro really sets the scene and just the right amount of hand-holding to explain the mechanics. Loving the atmosphere and the art style.

PSN: Aleks-UK

HallowMoonshadow

Dark Souls Remastered

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered

& Saint's Row 4 Re-Elected for PS4

With me cheekily putting in Sonic-CD in this topic as well (that's on PS3 and was only 73p)

All for £30 in the current sale (...Well actually 30p over but I had left in my account anyway)

With my other recent purchases I'm actually pretty set for the next few months without the crazy March/April window next year!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

Just picked up a seagate hard drive for the ps4. (thanks Mrs Noisy)

It's come out of the blue. Any tips? Never had an external hdd before for gaming.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Awesome! I have a 2TB Seagate and it’s been wonderful. Just plug it in and I think it’s pretty self explanatory. In your settings you can choose to have the external drive as the save destination for game data or the internal drive. Also in the settings you’ll see the option to transfer files to external HDD or vice versa. It just basically makes it so nice to not have to constant delete games off your drive. The save game data is always saved on the internal drive though, so even if you have a game on the external and delete the game later, the save data is still on your PS4. I’m not sure if there is a way to transfer over game save data or files like screenshots to the external, I just mainly fill it up with all the mandatory game download files and keep my internal drive mostly free for the save data, media files, and the like. I have the external drive plugged in 100% of the time and it’s worked like a champ. It might be my imagination, but I think keeping the internal drive less full makes the PS4 UI a little snappier and less sluggish.
I think there must be a way to make a complete backup of your PS4 onto the external HDD if you wanted but I don’t know how.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution that's actually true. The OS struggles when the hdd is full / muddled.

Perfect gonna set mime up tomorrow. Have a great Christmas bro.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Once you’ve formatted your external HDD to the specific PS4 format, you can only use it for PS4 games and apps – you won’t be able to store screenshots and video clips, saved data, Themes or any other types of media, documents, pictures on it, without re-formatting to its original state.

Having an external hdd doesn’t offer any remarkable performance improvement, however, games installed on external hard drives run slightly faster than those installed on the PS4 stock hard drive. Especially if you have an older model ps4 and have not upgraded the internal drive.

crimsontadpoles

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Having an external hdd doesn’t offer any remarkable performance improvement, however, games installed on external hard drives run slightly faster than those installed on the PS4 stock hard drive. Especially if you have an older model ps4 and have not upgraded the internal drive.

@JohnnyShoulder The main reason why I've not grabbed an external HDD yet is that I naturally assumed that it was going to be noticeably slower than the default internal drive. From a quick search it seems that you're probably right, so I might have a look into getting one.

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles I've not really noticed any substantial performance differences when using my external drive, but that is most likely to do with that I have upgraded the internal hdd to a hybrid drive. That does improve loading times and boot up times slightly. I do get the occasional error messages when the console is in rest mode and downloading a game to it, the drive is not recognised. But you get a prompt to fix it and once it goes through the motions everything is ok.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic