Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,407

JohnnyShoulder

Got Subnautica in the weekend flash sale. For me it is he perfect game to play during a hot summer. It's kinda like a No Man's Sky but only set in a underwater alien planet. The crafting feels less grindy than in NMS and as far as I can tell it is not procedurally generated, which I never really like too much.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Colour me curious. I might look up details on Subnautica, as I enjoyed No Man's Sky but never really returned to it for two specific reasons... namely, that it felt really grindy, and the procedural generation gave it a slight "What's the point?" feeling. Please do share your thoughts as / when you get around to playing it!

As for me, well, I knew I shouldn't have purchased anything from Limited Run Games, as I'm now on their mailing list and they sent me a picture of a really nice Red Faction re-release for PS4.

And now one's on its way.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

I got the Batman: Return to Arkham collection & Gravity Rush Remastered in the Retro Sale for under $18 all together.

I should have Return to Arkham ready to go next time I fire up my PS4. I've heard a lot of good things about the Batman games so I'm pretty excited to see for myself what they're all about (from what I've heard the combat is similar to Spider-Man, which I enjoyed).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Th3solution

@RR529 I just now saw your post here after I previously commented on the Spider-Man thread about how I’ve been playing SM for a few hours now and it feels very, very much like I’m playing Batman Arkham City. Except Batman definitely feels more calculated and has a weight to him when trying to move around and fight. Spidey is much more nimble, acrobatic, and ‘cartoony’ to his movement. Arkham Asylum is pretty linear, and although this is the genesis of where the now oft imitated Arkham-style combat was born, the game itself is more restrained. But many people feel it’s a better, more focused game because of the more solid narrative that creates. I actually preferred Arkham City because of the free roam and exploration around Gotham, like in Spider-Man.
I’ll be interested to hear how you like them!

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Kidfried

My latest purchase is Song of the Deep, the Metroidvania submarine game by Insomniac.

It must be difficult to make a compelling indie game these days. I want to like it alot, but the gameplay just isn't fast enough, and the children's book art style is hardly refreshing anymore.

I will probably finish it somewhere down the line, playing it when I don't want to play my other games for a minute.

Kidfried

ApostateMage

Just bought Elder Scrolls Online for a bargain £3.95 from smelly CEX. If it's naff, I won't be too fussed.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

I wrote a while back that I had a bunch of vouchers to use in CEX, and that got me thinking that I really should use em.

So as I was up a random o'clock this morning, I decided to pop into CEX. I've been browsing the online site for a few weeks, so kinda had an idea what I wanted. A couple of the games I wanted just don't want to be in stock in my local store, so I will save those for another time.

I ended getting Batman Arkham Knight, Wolfenstein 2 and Southpark The Fractured But Whole. And I still have about 40 quid of vouchers left. 😂

I liked the previous Batman (not played Origins) and Wolfenstein games so will probably play those soonish. Not played the previous Southpark game though, do I lose anything from not playing it? I'm in no rush to play it, and goodness knows when I'll get round to play it and could always pick up the first game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

KratosMD

Just ordered Until Dawn and Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition for roughly €36 altogether. After having discussed which horror games I should get with some fellow forum members, I decided to get these two to start out with. Really looking forward to finally play Until Dawn after hearing so much about it throughout the years, and I'm also excited to play Alien: Isolation since I've heard it's a very well-crafted horror experience.

I also bought Claire: Extended Cut on the PS Store for €5. It's also a horror game in the same style as Lone Survivor, so I decided to get it while it's on sale. The game is Cross-Buy on both PS4 and Vita, but I'll be playing it primarily on the Vita.

Hopefully these games will satisfy my urge for horror experiences for the foreseeable future!

KratosMD

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Wolfenstein 2 is good fun as I like the odd mix of a gritty yet ludicrous storyline but it feels like the second part of a trilogy with a lot of plot lines left hanging. I'd also advise holding off the side mission stuff until the end as I did them as soon as possible and the main story ended up losing its momentum as a consequence.

I really liked South Park: FBW too. I seem to remember that it carried on straight from the first game but with little to no overlap or particular continuation of the story. I only played Stick of Truth because I got FBW at release and it came with a download for the game. FBW is the superior game though as the combat is massively improved. I also liked the superhero theme better than the fantasy one.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Cheers for heads up man! 👍

Frigate

Internet has been down for around 16 hours and mine and my wife's PS4 libraries are largely digital and because we share accounts with our kids the games are on lockdown. Brilliant. So we go to Gamestop and get some physical games, I picked up Judgement ($40) and Sonic Team Racing ($30), get home and the internet is back up. Thanks, Comcast. I feel like sending them a bill!

Frigate

RogerRoger

@Frigate Do it. Seriously. What's the worst they can say?

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Frigate

@RogerRoger I'd have to assume the answer to that is "no" but that's a word I heard a lot before I met my wife so I'm good with it. 👍

Frigate

andreoni79

@KratosMD I didn't know about a "Nostromo edition" of Alien Isolation. I got the "Ripley Edition" that came with 2 dlc, short adaptation of two main scenes of the 1979 movie.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate At least you can send them an email now!

KratosMD

@andreoni79 I also didn't know about there being multiple versions. I just saw that this one was cheaper than the standard one without any extra content, so I got it. It apparently includes a DLC called Crew Expendable, so that's cool.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Just ordered Resident Evil Revelations and Resident Evil Revelations 2. After playing through the first half of episode 1 of RER2 I realised that the Revelations sub-series are the games that I come to expect from this series. So I decided to buy both of them as my first Resi games that I plan to play through in their entireties.

I seriously want to get into the RE series because one thing it has over other horror series is a legacy. As I was playing through Revelations 2 yesterday, there was a scene where Claire Redfield was about to get crushed and after escaping from the pit, she said: "I was almost a Claire sandwich!". To that, Moira Burton (her partner, and the daughter of Barry Burton) said: "Does Barry tell everyone that story?". It's moments like this that only a long-running franchise can pull off and that makes these games more special since you have a deeper connection to them.

I'm most likely going to buy the Origins collection again and give REmake another chance, as well as RE4 and RE5. Even though I might not like some of them initially, I will most likely find them enjoyable since they are Resi games. But first I need to find a foothold in the series and that's why I decided to start with the Revelations games.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Also decided to order Outlast Trinity and The Evil Within. I thought I should get these as well in order to stock up on horror games on PS4 since I realised I don't have that many on there at all. Before this week I only had Resident Evil 7, so now I got at least 6 more games. Can't wait to play all of these eventually!

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Hopefully you have bought just as many pairs of pants as well!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic