Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 4,206

HallowMoonshadow

Fair enough... I'll admit I wouldn't mind seeing that either @Gremio108 but I'd hate to push him away/off the series if he only just got through Fallen Order cus of his Star Wars love 😁

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 With the greatest of respect to you, @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and your shared desire to read a wall of rage-fuelled expletives, I think you'd be much safer betting on me playing FIFA. And not one of the good ones, either. One of the mediocre Legacy Edition ones.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger If you had a Switch I would vote for Zelda Breath of The Wild.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I've played Breath of the Wild on my partner's Switch, at least most of it. We never got around to finishing it because, on my way to the final boss, I kept encountering enemies which required a precise parry to defeat, and I just couldn't get the timing right. I vowed to practice and return, but never did, and my partner never seem bothered to see the ending.

Still, you're right; if I wasn't playing it with him, I'd never have chosen to play it for myself.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Do you think you may have a better time with the parrying after playing Fallen Order?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Possibly, although I've played a parry-based game before (namely Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) and was definitely trying to channel that skill, and it just didn't click with me. I think every game's parry system and timing is unique, and it just takes practice; that's why I initially sucked at Jedi: Fallen Order and only felt like a badass when lowering the difficulty level, which specifically lengthens the timing window for a successful parry. But thanks, it's a hopeful thought, one that might give me a little more patience if and / or when we ever return to Breath of the Wild.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

I reckon I'll be buying GunlordX this week.
I remember it launching on the Switch and being rather jealous at them getting a bloody good looking Turrican homage.

Apparently it's launching at $9.99, so under £10 is perfectly fine by me!

I do wonder if there will be a physical Play Asia release though.
Soon from them is another previously released on Switch (and PC) shmup called Pawarumi. That looks worth a buy.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

jdv95

Got myself ratchet and clank 2016 and it's a joy!

Plays realy smooth and looks fantastic.

It may be a remake of the first game but it plays like an all new entry which is a big plus!

Would love that rumour about a new ratchet and clank being a ps5 launch title to be true.

jdv95

KALofKRYPTON

@jdv95 It's a stunning game - even on base ps4.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

@jdv95 Ratchet and Clank is fantastic. Really beautiful game. I'd love to see more big-budget games with cartoonish art design on PS4, as I think they really pop on the hardware.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

mookysam

Ordered Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair as it was on sale. It's the sort of colourful, cheery '90's styled game I think will be good right now.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

Had a closer look at the sale, and bought:

• Forgotton Anne
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Shadow of the Colossus

Pretty interesting haul.

Kidfried

DonJorginho

Untitled Goose Game, Skyrim PS4, Shadow Of The Colossus PS4.

Total: £35.84

A decent haul.

DonJorginho

RogerRoger

@DonJorginho I'm really tempted by Untitled Goose Game. How much is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Making It So Since 1987

DonJorginho

@RogerRoger £12 in UK on the PS Store, $15 on US PS Store.

3-4 hours of slapstick, stealthy fun with replay-ability potential made it a day one purchase for me.

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

RogerRoger

@DonJorginho Much obliged. I'll need to get some more credit from GAME first, then!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I be interested to hear your thoughts on Forgotten Anne, I've had my eye on that for awhile now.

I'm waiting for the New Years Sale to drop in the ps store in a couple of days before making any more purchases.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic