Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 2,354

Th3solution

@Quintumply I had a similar approach to Witcher 3, in that I had heard and read so much about it and the omnipresence of the game on top 10 lists made me feel obligated to try it. I’ll be curious what you think. For me, after 5 or so hours of it I recognized it to be a great game, just now is not the time in my life to commit to the length of it. It didn’t quite sink it’s teeth into me fully, but I expect I eventually will go back to it when my mind is right for it. It is a little anti-climactic for those of us playing it late, because so many recent games have used its basic formula, so it will probably seem less groundbreaking to you. But we’ll see.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quintumply

@Th3solution Another reason I bought it is to get a feel for CD Projekt RED's design, writing, etc. before I sink my teeth into Cyberpunk. I know they're going to be very different overall, but I want to know what makes a CD Projekt game a CD Projekt game.

I fear I may only get a few hours into the game as well, but I'd really like to at least complete the main story! I've not made a start yet, but I'll let you know how I get on.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Thrillho

@Quintumply I hope you enjoy TW3. The combat can be pretty ropy but that’s not what makes the game so special. I do wonder how it’s aged already as I sometimes feel the urge to replay it but am also worried about ruining how fondly I think of it.

Also, don’t neglect Gwent as that’s the best in-game card game since FF8.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, thanks; that assurance meant I didn't panic as much as I might've (although my partner would probably laugh at that, as I was quite keen).

Steelbook does look great, but it's the Jango Fett pin that pushed me over the Premium Edition edge.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

Man what a freaking steal, I just ordered a physical copy of Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise for only €20. The game only came out last year and it's already in scarce quantity in Sweden. I encountered it as I was browsing through an online store that usually has good deals on rare games and out of the blue, Lost Paradise showed up and for a really good price to boot. Best deal I've encountered since I bought the The Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma for around €15 each a while ago.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Loved the Manga when I was younger. Had no idea what was going on mind lol.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

@JohnnyShoulder I actually don't know anything about this series. I just know that the game is basically Yakuza but takes place in the Fist of the North Star universe. It's made by the same developer and even the protagonist is voiced by the same guy who did Kazuma Kiryu in the Yakuza games. So that alone makes me excited to play it, not to mention all the crazy anime stuff going on.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Speaking of Yakuza, I just got a notification from literally the same online store saying that Yakuza 6 got a price cut to roughly €20 as well, so I bought that game too now, lol.

So now I have Yakuza Kiwami 2, Fist of the North Star and Yakuza 6 lined up. So much Yakuza goodness!

KratosMD

KratosMD

Just ordered Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition and Vampyr for €20 each. I've been eyeing HZD: Complete Edition for a long time now and thanks to the recent announcement of the PlayStation Hits version, the current version has been discounted in various online retailers.

I wasn't planning on buying Vampyr but since I've been in a different mood lately to try out different games I decided to give it a shot. I also didn't know it was made by the same developer who made Life is Strange, so I'm really interested in checking it out.

KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Have you played Horizon before, or are you just getting the copy because it's the Complete Edition and adds in the Frozen Wilds?

Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@RogerRoger Because of the latter. Since the Complete Edition actually has the DLC on disc, I thought it'd be worth adding it to my collection. I have played HZD for about 20 hours or so but as I've mentioned before, my PS4 died on me last year so that save file is gone. So I might as well just start from scratch altogether with this edition.

KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Thought so, and wise move considering your circumstances (I think I knew you'd started it before, but couldn't remember why you'd stopped playing).

For the whole experience, that's a freakin' bargain price. Hope you make it through this time!

Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@RogerRoger I bought the game at launch back in 2017 but as you probably recall the first half of that year were full of major releases. I think I played Horizon for a week or two before NieR Automata came out and I started playing that. Then a couple of weeks later, Persona 5 came out. So I just became preoccupied with so many games that I forgot about Horizon.

KratosMD

Elodin

Pre-ordered Black Desert. First game I Pre-ordered in a long time. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Elodin

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yeah, 2017 was a crazy, crazy year for gaming.

Making It So Since 1987

PSVR_lover

Just bought and finished Dearh Mark, an amazing game. One of the best stories I’ve ever played.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

ZeroOverOne

Hi guys, I am new here and what d ya all say about AC: Origins? Cause I didnt really like the Odyssey since in my opinion it doesnt have a deep story. In my local store its only 12 bucks so I thought of picking it up. Or is that a wrong forum to ask about this kind of stuff?

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

DerMeister

Thanks to Capcom's sale on PSN last week, I got Strider for super cheap and I also decided to finally plunge into Street Fighter V.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

JohnnyShoulder

Bought The Messenger. Had my eye on this since I saw it in on the Switch e shop.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic