Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 4,199

Th3solution

@Frigate @Thrillho DA: I is a really well done game, beautiful world, interesting characters, fun combat... but it’s really long. I lost interest eventually and never finished it. I’ve always told myself I’d go back and complete the main story, but I haven’t gathered the desire yet.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Thrillho Playing The Witcher 3 ruined DA:I for. I found the former so much more enjoyable to play. Too much busy work in DA:I for me and the side quests were poor in comparison.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Frigate I'm sure you'll get along famously with Dragon Age: Inquisition. I recently played the entire trilogy, despite hating fantasy-based things, and have no regrets. I'd always recommend playing at least Dragon Age II first, because there may be bits where you're left going "Who?" but it's nothing a little Wiki walk won't cure.

Just be warned that you can get easily distracted in its vast levels, so stay focused and for goodness sake, after your first few quests, leave the Hinterlands!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I just picked up Hellblade, Guacamelee 2, and the Yakuza Collection.

I still had the 25% voucher from the summer sale (which said it was for summer sale items only but worked on the whole bundle) so I got them all for the same price as the Yakuza Collection alone.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@KratosMD I really liked the game but it does have the odd feeling of being the middle part of an expected trilogy (I assume another game is coming???)

The only problem with playing it straight after DOOM is that you can’t go rushing in head first like that game but playing stealthily doesn’t work very well either.

I’d also encourage ignoring side missions until after finishing the main story as there are a lot of other things you can do but I spent so long messing about with those that the main storyline lost some of its momentum.

Still a fun game though.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Octane

Guess who's getting his copy of Control tomorrow!

Octane

Thrillho

@KratosMD You certainly have to be gung ho in places but not quite as aggressive as DOOM!

And the side missions are revisiting areas and taking down "Uberkommandants". These unlock later in the game (not really a spoiler, spoilers) and you use the enigma codes you find to unlock their location.

I tried to complete all of them as soon as they were available and I spent so long doing them all that I forgot where I was in the main story. It's not too much of a problem to take them on like that but I wish I'd done them at the end instead.

Thrillho

Tasuki

Let's keep the thread on track with PS4 purchases. You want to talk about other consoles there's a chit chat thread for that.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Ghost Recon Wildlands in the DOTW sale after playing the demo and enjoying it. Similarly after playing the demo on Switch I bought Dragon Quest XI for ps4. Got it for under 20 quid, considering the size of the game I thought that was a bit of a bargain.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Tjuz

Like I've also mentioned in my other comment, I purchased Observer and Ratchet & Clank yesterday. I've heard great things about the both of them, but they're both somewhat outside of my comfort zone in different ways. Hope I enjoy them once I get to them!

Tjuz

JohnnyShoulder

@Tjuz Ratchet and Clank is ace! I played it after some quite dark/serious games so this was like a breath of fresh air for me. Hope you enjoy playing it!

KnightWolf

Just recently picked up a bunch of games from my yet to purchase backlog to add to my physical collection i got.

• Yakuza 6: Song of life
  • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
  • Nioh
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 2.5 HD collection
  • Rise Of The Tomb Raider

All where under $20.00 used at my local gamestop yes even to my surprise Yakuza 6 was but Yakuza Kwami 2 wasnt go figure....

Also Picked up Far Cry 5 for the Xbox 1 another under $20 purchase all in all i made out under $150 in games so it was a good day for me.

KnightWolf

PSN: KnightWolf86x

Thrillho

@KnightWolf Nioh is a great game but that's not a bad haul there!

I bought Yakuza 6 in a sale ages ago but still have Kiwami 2 and now the Remastered Collection to get through first...

Thrillho

KnightWolf

@Thrillho
I gotta get the Yakuza remaster collection myself im not sure if i wanna wait for the physical edition to add to my collection or bite the bullet and get it digitally right now im like 70 - 30 when it comes to my collection Physical Vs. Digital. With most of my collection being mostly digital at the moment.

Edited on by KnightWolf

KnightWolf

PSN: KnightWolf86x

JamieO

@KALofKRYPTON Hi mate, back in July you posted here saying, "Let us know how Ninja Saviors is. I love Ninja Warriors on the Amiga and saw SLG advertising the new one on fb last week."

My physical copy from Strictly Limited Games has not been fulfilled yet, but Stephen kindly organised for me to review it as part of Push Square's Mini Reviews.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this PS4 scrolling beat-'em-up. It's a lovely looking 2D brawler, with a quality arcade soundtrack, and addictive gameplay that has intricate moves to learn. I remembered you asking about it, so apologies for my late reply, but here's a link to my The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors review. Cheers.

I am passionate about retro gaming, from antiquated consoles to the continuation of classics. Obviously I love PSone, and PS2 retro games. I blast my ears to breakneck melodic punk, gruff vocals and nimble alternative guitar hooks.

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki I use https://imgbb.com/ as I don't go on Fakebook or Twatter

Tasuki

So after trading in the disappoinment that Borderlands 3 was, I decided to get Greedfall with the credit.

Had my eye on Greedfall for awhile but decided to pass on it since it was so close to the release of Borderlands 3 (big mistake there). I will be checking it out later tonight.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic