Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 4,206

RogerRoger

Given how much fun I'm having with inFAMOUS at the moment, I just grabbed inFAMOUS: Second Son and inFAMOUS: First Light in the PSN Summer Sale.

I also added Sniper Elite 4 to my Library. Not exactly a purchase (thank you PS Plus) but something I wanted to do given that it's the perfect example of a free PS Plus game; an experience I'm mildly curious about, but not enough to go and seek it out. No idea when I'll actually play it (it'll sit alongside Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered for a good while, methinks) but it's there for a rainy day.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Wasn't Second Son a free PS Plus game before? I know First Light was. The first InFAMOUS game was also given for free as a compensation due to PSN being hacked back in 2011 (not sure if this was the correct year).

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Second Son probably was, yeah, but I'm selective about what I play. I'm not somebody who adds every single PS Plus game to their Library just in case, and inFAMOUS wasn't really on my radar until recently. The sale price helps, but I'd have gotten them regardless because I've got the time and interest to play them now.

And yes, 2011 is the correct year! Back then I didn't play online, so didn't feel right taking free stuff from a company that had suffered in a way that hadn't impacted me in the slightest. They also gave away (amongst other things) Pursuit Force on PSP, a game I'd never heard of before but went out and purchased on UMD because it looked pretty cool.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Ah, ok... I don't play a whole lot of PS Plus free games but I add them to my library anyways.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet I should probably start doing that, given how many I've gone back and purchased recently. I blame it being a slow year for new releases!

@Frigate Nicely done on being able to separate yourself from the groupthink regarding Anthem. With such a positive start, it'll be interesting to see how long you hold out before you stop playing and / or reach any barriers to your enjoyment. A solid write-up from a like-minded gamer might convince me to add it to my "when I see it for a tenner" consideration list.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm pretty much the same with PS+ games, only download stuff which I'm really interested in. I have enough games in the backlog without adding titles which I'm never going to play!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

Bought quite a few games the past month. Aside from Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Bloodstained - which were launch day purchases - the others were all rather cheap so I think I've done pretty well. Deus Ex: Mankind Divide was £6, Assassin's Creed Odyssey £18 and Wolfenstein II £10. That's my PS4 gaming set until Christmas methinks.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ZeroOverOne

@mookysam Wow. Never seen such a low price for AC Odyssey and Wolfenstein 2. Where did you get them? Or was it an ps store purchase?

ZeroOverOne

mookysam

@ZeroOverOne I got them from Base, which often has really good deals and (usually) quite competitive prices for new games. I much prefer using them to Amazon.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ZeroOverOne

Bought Remnant: From The Ashes today. Absolutelly loving it. Simply, its just Dark Souls with guns over melee. On top of that, you can also finish the whole campaign with your homie because the game has a nit bad co-op (hello Dark Souls 3). The guns feel great. You feel every sibgle bullet fired from your gun. The game also gives you a choice to pick a melee weapon but I dont reccomend that. You will just spoil your own experience. And the best part of this game apart from amazing co-op (omg, imagine, finally we got a good co-op in a souls-like game) are bosses. They arent as hard as they are in Sekiro or Bloodborne but I assure you will brake some stuff while playing the game as the bosses have a HUGE amount of health. Reccomend playing on highest difficulty for a full experience. Also an amazing addition to the game was level creation. Its fully random made... yes u heard it right, there are over 2000 different kind of types of level making (sorry for my english as I am from a non english country). The game is brilliant for a newcomer to Souls like series. Also, it gives you a choice to pick from some characters that all have unique abilities. Overall me and my best friend enjoyes the game so much that we played for 11 hours straight. Reccomend it for all of those who arent scared for some of their stuff to be broken down after not being able to kill The Toxic flying cocroach-like creature because of which one i broke my finger for hitting the wall too hard)

ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

Also want to add to my higher quote that I was wrong about compairing it to dark souls just bEcAuSe iTs hArD. Also the campfires give you a warm in your heart...
And sometimes the campfire will be right next to a boss. And, if you were raging because of all the losses you were taking after dying in Dark Souls, forget it. This game doesnt steal your stuff and your Nerves

ZeroOverOne

RR529

Decided to get The Last Guardian & Star Wars Battlefront II (for the single player) in the sale before it ends.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

... Some dodgy connections aside when it worked the co-op in Dark Souls was pretty fine @ZeroOverOne . Dark Souls is a bit of a challenge but it's about learning patterns mostly.

If people can complete it using dancemats as controllers whilst doing the macarena (ok that end bit is a joke but the first bit isn't. People have used an actual banana as a controller) then others can. Especially if I got through them all by charging into everything stupid aggressively for the most part

Not sure how the "souls" stuff would work that well with guns as it lends itself well to the melee combat... I never really felt the weight of the guns in Bloodborne.

Also Dark Souls doesn't "steal your stuff" either... You lose your souls because you messed up

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ZeroOverOne

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Everytime I say something goo about a game I was imlressed you come and kill all the will to share my emotions. Thanks -_-

ZeroOverOne

HallowMoonshadow

I don't think what I said was that bad @ZeroOverOne ?

I sincerely apologise though if you're getting the impression that I'm picking on you (I really don't know when I apparently did it before either as I swear this is the first time we've talked).

It's your feelings and opinion and you're more then entitled to them and I didn't mean to give you the idea that I was belittling them in any way.

I certainly don't want you to feel like you can't say anything nice and have fun with a game

You have actually put this game on my radar as I knew nothing about it before. I hope you and your friend continue to enjoy it!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@ZeroOverOne People are allowed to have their own opinions and those can be good or bad. It would be a pretty boring world if everyone agreed with each other all of the time! I don't see anything @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy has posted previously in response to you being particularly scathing or anything. Just her honest opinion on a couple of games which happen to be different to your views.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

@JohnnyShoulder

Thank you for stopping me from saying something VERY stupid in response to that 👍

To get the topic back on track I am now awaiting a copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and uhh... looks like I'll be still playing the Raid mode on the demo/chapter 1 whilst I wait.

Sorry Horizon: Zero Dawn you'll have to wait for me to replay you a little longer

Thrillho

@RR529 The Last Guardian is a unique little experience and Trico is something completely different from any other game I've played.

The game is a little rough around the edges and it can be utterly frustrating when Trico can't seem to grasp what you want him to do but it is a special little game.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Frigate It’s a series that sort of passed me by too which is weird because I lurved the Mass Effect games.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic