Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 4,206

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Mice one! Glad you snagged a copy - as I said, despite the general perception. LRG stuff is usually easy enough to get so long as you turn up on time!
The Bounty Hunter steelbook does look really nice.

@JamieO Let us know how Ninja Saviors is. I love Ninja Warriors on the Amiga and saw SLG advertising the new one on fb last week - but I'm a little skeptical about the game itself.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Quintumply

I finally used some of my birthday vouchers. I ended up getting some PSN credit, and I used it to get two things:

• Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe - a game I've wanted to try for a while
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - a game I've been putting off for years

The first is something I've always liked the look of, and I've had it recommended to me by a friend. It's a strange mix of quick combat and match-three puzzling, contextualised by cooking, with a narrative and character focus on top. It sounds bizarre, but I'm definitely curious to try it out for myself.

As for The Witcher, well... I've seen it in sales on the PS Store so many times, and at significantly reduced prices too. Obviously, everyone loves the damn thing, and despite being intimidated by the size and scope of the game, I thought it was time I at least take it for a spin. Over the last few years, I've become less and less interested in huge, 100-hour adventures, so this will be the first one I've played in a while. I can't guarantee I'll finish it, but I'm interested to see what all the fuss is about.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Quintumply I had a similar approach to Witcher 3, in that I had heard and read so much about it and the omnipresence of the game on top 10 lists made me feel obligated to try it. I’ll be curious what you think. For me, after 5 or so hours of it I recognized it to be a great game, just now is not the time in my life to commit to the length of it. It didn’t quite sink it’s teeth into me fully, but I expect I eventually will go back to it when my mind is right for it. It is a little anti-climactic for those of us playing it late, because so many recent games have used its basic formula, so it will probably seem less groundbreaking to you. But we’ll see.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Quintumply

@Th3solution Another reason I bought it is to get a feel for CD Projekt RED's design, writing, etc. before I sink my teeth into Cyberpunk. I know they're going to be very different overall, but I want to know what makes a CD Projekt game a CD Projekt game.

I fear I may only get a few hours into the game as well, but I'd really like to at least complete the main story! I've not made a start yet, but I'll let you know how I get on.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Thrillho

@Quintumply I hope you enjoy TW3. The combat can be pretty ropy but that’s not what makes the game so special. I do wonder how it’s aged already as I sometimes feel the urge to replay it but am also worried about ruining how fondly I think of it.

Also, don’t neglect Gwent as that’s the best in-game card game since FF8.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, thanks; that assurance meant I didn't panic as much as I might've (although my partner would probably laugh at that, as I was quite keen).

Steelbook does look great, but it's the Jango Fett pin that pushed me over the Premium Edition edge.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Loved the Manga when I was younger. Had no idea what was going on mind lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Have you played Horizon before, or are you just getting the copy because it's the Complete Edition and adds in the Frozen Wilds?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Thought so, and wise move considering your circumstances (I think I knew you'd started it before, but couldn't remember why you'd stopped playing).

For the whole experience, that's a freakin' bargain price. Hope you make it through this time!

Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

Pre-ordered Black Desert. First game I Pre-ordered in a long time. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Elodin

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yeah, 2017 was a crazy, crazy year for gaming.

Making It So Since 1987

PSVR_lover

Just bought and finished Dearh Mark, an amazing game. One of the best stories I’ve ever played.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

ZeroOverOne

Hi guys, I am new here and what d ya all say about AC: Origins? Cause I didnt really like the Odyssey since in my opinion it doesnt have a deep story. In my local store its only 12 bucks so I thought of picking it up. Or is that a wrong forum to ask about this kind of stuff?

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

DerMeister

Thanks to Capcom's sale on PSN last week, I got Strider for super cheap and I also decided to finally plunge into Street Fighter V.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

JohnnyShoulder

Bought The Messenger. Had my eye on this since I saw it in on the Switch e shop.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Got Subnautica in the weekend flash sale. For me it is he perfect game to play during a hot summer. It's kinda like a No Man's Sky but only set in a underwater alien planet. The crafting feels less grindy than in NMS and as far as I can tell it is not procedurally generated, which I never really like too much.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Colour me curious. I might look up details on Subnautica, as I enjoyed No Man's Sky but never really returned to it for two specific reasons... namely, that it felt really grindy, and the procedural generation gave it a slight "What's the point?" feeling. Please do share your thoughts as / when you get around to playing it!

As for me, well, I knew I shouldn't have purchased anything from Limited Run Games, as I'm now on their mailing list and they sent me a picture of a really nice Red Faction re-release for PS4.

And now one's on its way.

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

I got the Batman: Return to Arkham collection & Gravity Rush Remastered in the Retro Sale for under $18 all together.

I should have Return to Arkham ready to go next time I fire up my PS4. I've heard a lot of good things about the Batman games so I'm pretty excited to see for myself what they're all about (from what I've heard the combat is similar to Spider-Man, which I enjoyed).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Th3solution

@RR529 I just now saw your post here after I previously commented on the Spider-Man thread about how I’ve been playing SM for a few hours now and it feels very, very much like I’m playing Batman Arkham City. Except Batman definitely feels more calculated and has a weight to him when trying to move around and fight. Spidey is much more nimble, acrobatic, and ‘cartoony’ to his movement. Arkham Asylum is pretty linear, and although this is the genesis of where the now oft imitated Arkham-style combat was born, the game itself is more restrained. But many people feel it’s a better, more focused game because of the more solid narrative that creates. I actually preferred Arkham City because of the free roam and exploration around Gotham, like in Spider-Man.
I’ll be interested to hear how you like them!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic