Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 4,206

Kidfried

Nioh. Finally. It's crazy to me this game released over two years ago. I remember it releasing, thinking to myself "I'll pick it up soon." Time passes way too fast.

@Tjuz You're in for a treaaaaat with all of those. Let me know what you think of them!

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried Nioh is great fun. The weapon stance mechanic is quite neat and really allows you to mix the combat up.

The exploration and boss fights are just as fun/infuriating as the Dark Souls games.

Thrillho

Tjuz

@Kidfried I did already complete and post my thoughts on the first BioShock in the ''games you've recently beat'' thread if you're interested! BioShock 2 is probably going to be my next priority for now.

Tjuz

Thrillho

@Tjuz Is Zero going to be your first Yakuza game? If so, welcome to the club and enjoy the ride!

Thrillho

Tjuz

@Thrillho Zero will be my first Yakuza game, yes! I've never played any kind of Japanese games, but Yakuza 0 has always interested me and it might be a nice introduction to that side of gaming too. Hopefully I'll enjoy it!

Tjuz

themcnoisy

@Tjuz great game one of my favourites.

OK so I haven't posted in here for aaaaaagggeees. So I have treated myself over the last week.

428 Shibuya
The Show 18
Tiny Traks (psvr)
Celeste
Nubula
Street Basketball

A decent mix of games altogether coming in at under £50. Can't wait to play more Celeste tonight.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Areus

Just Bought Romancing Saga 2 and decided to give Sekiro a try since i keep hearing people say its harder then dark souls lol

Edited on by Areus

Areus

themcnoisy

@Frigate I've been meaning to try this series for 3/4 years. It was only £15 for last seasons edition so why not?

I know Baseball. Don't get me wrong I haven't watched a match for years. When it was on Channel 5 late night Derek Jeter, Ichiro, Barry Bonds, Maguire, it was around then. So years ago really.

It's misunderstood in Britain. That said every American game is over here. I love American Football but that gets great coverage on Sky, unlike the other main American sports. I dislike both Ice Hockey and Basketball - that's personal preference, I can watch a game and admire the skill but both Baseball and American Football are just better games imo.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@Frigate @themcnoisy It’s interesting because of the big 4 professional leagues in the U.S., American Football / NFL is really the only one with limited international appeal.
Baseball has quite a following in Asia and especially South America. Most of the best players in the MLB are from Latin America and Japan and Korea have sent many over as well.
Basketball I really feel is an international sport at present. The US barely dominates international play anymore and there are so many European players in the NBA now. Basketball is apparently huge in China too.
And the NHL is pretty well dominated by Eastern European and Canadian players.

Anyways, as an American, MLB is probably the league I am the least interested in. But I’ve always heard The Show is a fantastic rendition. If I liked baseball even a little bit more I would probably try it. The slowness of the game seems to lend itself to be the least ‘video gamey’ of the sports, so I’m curious how they make it work. Hope you enjoy it!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Areus It's not more difficult than the SoulsBorne games imo, just requires a different way of thinking on how you combat enemies.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Areus

@JohnnyShoulder I know it isn't i mostly said it as a joke cause when it came out everyone and there grandma made videos and news articles about how the game might be harder then dark souls and bloodborne lol

Areus

Octane

I bought Hollow Knight to see how purchasing games using the PS app works in preparation of the Dreams early access. I wish I was joking. At least it isn't a bad game, right?

Octane

johncalmc

I got Hollow Knight in the sale the other day. I'll probably play it in 2023.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

@Octane Why are you preparing to purchase Dreams? It's not a LRG Vita cartridge that'll disappear two minutes after it goes live.

Hollow Knight is fantastic. Great level design. Fair, but challenging, difficulty curve. Gorgeously animated, with evocative visual design. Tons of content. etc.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Because it will be limited, and going by the last two beta invites, limited means extremely limited. ''There will be enough copies for everyone'', I've heard that before

I'm buying it the minute it goes live. If I'm not at home, I'll use the PS app.

Good to know. Hollow Knight was part of their Spring Sale, and I couldn't let it pass for that price.

Octane

Octane

@Ralizah And now my reply doesn't make sense anymore, hah!

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Edit button. Still kinda my fault, though, so I restored what I previously deleted. But now your second reply about the first message not making sense doesn't make any sense.

I looked it up after posting. I can't believe it's limited. This is going to be a total mess.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic