Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 4,206

DerMeister

Aside from Devil May Cry 5, which I've already beat, a purchase I made weeks ago was actually an arcade stick for PS4. Specifically a Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai. Being a fighting game fan, I took the plunge for my 2D fighting games (I'm already too comfortable playing Tekken on a standard controller). For the last couple weeks I've been getting used to it, and it feels satisfying to land a combo while using it. Still need practice with it, but it's fun to use.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Octane

@RogerRoger @Kidfried I got Tetris Effect for only €10 in January! It was barely two months old. Mind you, I haven't had the time to play it yet, but I couldn't ignore it for that price. Paying attention to flash sales and the likes really pays off. I got my PSVR 2.0 bundle with a camera and VR Worlds for only €180 last year, and similarly I bought my 1TB PS4 for only €299 back in 2015; which was a steal back then.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane The more I use the PS Store, the more I've come to respect those mid-tier games between "must get at launch" and "will never play". I've had a couple great experiences now, with games I'm happy to wait for, don't mind not owning the box of, and end up downloading for a fiver.

Whenever I'm in a physical store, though, it's usually just to pick up a pre-order. I should probably start looking around the shelves a bit more when I'm in there.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@DerMeister I've got one of those, or one similar. Bought it for the 360 thinking it would help me git gud at Street Fighter IV. How wrong I was.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@RogerRoger I'm a sucker for physical media; and I often find that games are launch are way cheaper when you don't buy them digital; at least over here in Europe, I've heard different things about the US.

You're in the UK, right? I've seen great prices in online stores like The Game Collection; stores like those and other smaller online stores are great as well if you want a good deal.

Octane

RogerRoger

@Octane Thanks for the tip! Yep, I be a Brit. Since I live right in the centre of town, I like to do my bit to keep my local GAME open on the High Street, so I pre-order from them for launch games.

But when I'm looking around for an older game, I will go online and browse both websites and PSN, and so will keep them in mind, cheers! Because I do prefer a disc where possible, and they're often quickly marked down or put in sales way, waaaay before they get a discount on PSN. It's where I'll likely go to track down Ace Combat 7 when I can get around to justifying the purchase (too much Dragon Age to play first!) because that'll likely stay pricey on PSN for a while.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@RogerRoger Yeah, I think digital can offer a better price years down the road when they're only a fiver, but nothing beats getting a game on launch (or a day earlier) for only €50.

Octane

Xaritah

I had to do it! I got spider man and uncharted lost legacy for 30 euros 😅 they are in perfect condition, more games for my backlog 😅

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

RogerRoger

@Octane Exactly. I'd pay anything for "new game case smell" anyway.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@andreoni79 €5? Nice.

I would advise breaking the games up with something else though otherwise it can be a bit too much Crash.

Is the bonus level for the original game still free as DLC too? That was fiendish.

Thrillho

andreoni79

@Thrillho The Crash trilogy have been shipped for € 5 even if it was clearly a mistake (5 minutes after my order the game was € 40 again on the site!) and I added this...
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Thrillho

@andreoni79 The South Park games are great fun. Have you played Stick of Truth? The combat in But Whole is loads better and I liked the superhero setting more but Stick was written around the time I stopped watching the show so I got more of the references.

Thrillho

andreoni79

@Thrillho Never played the first one but I read good reviews so I decided to buy this. Anyway a retail game at € 5 is always worth a try... There's also the Destiny The Collection at the same price, but I play offline only so I doubt I could enjoy that!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Ralizah

Crypt of the Necrodancer. The Zelda-themed spinoff made this pretty much impossible to ignore now, and I wanted to give Nintendo my money to play it, but they decided to stupidly put a bunch of random indie games on sale instead of the game that's getting a Zelda-themed spinoff. Well, as it turns out, Sony is practically giving the game away right now, so they got my money instead.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DeepSpace5D

@Ralizah Just a fair warning if you care about having unfinished games on your trophy list, Crypt of the Necrodancer has one of, if not the most hardest platinums of all time.

My last purchase was Red Faction II from the Great Indoors sale for only $1.49. A steal!

Edited on by DeepSpace5D

DeepSpace5D

PSN: Deep_Space_5D

Ralizah

@deepspace5d Yeah, I'm aware the platinum is ridiculously difficult to achieve. I won't be paying attention to trophies for this one, in that case.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DeepSpace5D

@Ralizah Right on. By the way, if you ever want to play Dragon’s Crown, Dead Nation, or Injustice online sometime, those are games that I own.

DeepSpace5D

PSN: Deep_Space_5D

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Inside in the weekend flash sale on the ps store. Played the demo a while back and was intrigued by it. Not played Limbo cos of the spiders.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tjuz

I most recently splurged on BioShock: The Collection, Return to Arkham and Yakuza 0. I had been meaning to check out all of them properly for a while (even owning the Return to Arkham games as well as BioShock 1 & Infinite on PC), but had never given them a chance quite yet. Playing these kind of action games are always better to me on PS4, in the comfort of my bed with a big TV in front of me! That alone is worth the additional buy on a different platform. I have already finished the first BioShock, but I'll type my thoughts on that game in the appropriate thread.

Tjuz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic