Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 4,206

Shatter

@KALofKRYPTON I picked up NHL 19 a while back and I’ve had quite a bit of fun with it. I’m not the most avid player of sports titles, but this year’s iteration of hockey has really managed to hold my attention.

Shatter

KALofKRYPTON

@Shatter It really is very good, there's just so much of it! I understand series regulars who've been playing iterations of the same games for a few years, but not having owned a new Hockey game (I think) since NHL 2002, it's stunning!

I also built a Wolves team... With a Molineux (I'm not even a Wolves fan as such, but y'know, local and all that )

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

Totally forgot to post to say that I bought Farcry 5 over the weekend off the ps store. Most of my purchases now are digital these days, but only in the sales. Day 1 purchases will still be boxed.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Got my copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I was kinda surprised to find a few pamphlets inside the box. It made me weirdly nostalgic.

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

Waited a good long while to actually bite the bullet - but since it's discounted, I bought The Next Generation DLC for Star Trek: Bridge Crew.

I'm still not having the best time with my vision (and even when I was fully lensed up, I had to be fairly close to the screen to read most of the text) so I probably won't be playing it any time soon; but I'm glad I have it now.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@Frigate It's still the reason that I ever entertained the notion of listening to SUM41

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate Did you ever play Far Cry 5? What did you think?

I have to admit even if I had not bought 5, New Dawn is quite away down my list. For just shooters Rage 2, The Outer Worlds and Metro Exodus I wanna get before it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried Pain for pleasure

I don't hate them, they just very much fell off of my radar along most other stuff from the period that I'd end up listening to in dive rock clubs

Tatoun

KH3. And finished it the same week. As my birthday is approaching, I'm searching for a new game to get, but so far, no idea...

Tatoun

Th3solution

@GepaltDopular Glad you decided to start posting! It’s a lot of fun to add the interactive component to reading the website. Most of us lurked for a while before starting to post. Anyways, on the subject of NieR, it’s a game I really love and my GOTY for 2017. The story is brilliant and quite mind bending and deep with a real philosophical tone. I hope you get to spend some time with it and play through to the true ending.

@Kidfried I know man, I need to play Witcher 3 and you need to play NieR Automata. And we both need to play God of War 😛. And you’re so close to finishing Red Dead Redemption 2, so knock that one out!
Are you going to buy Sekiro on release? I really want to eventually, but I actually think I’ll hold off and try to play a Dark Souls game first. Now if it was Bloodborne 2, I’d probably have to be there day 1.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I wouldn't worry about needing to play a Dark Souls game before Sekrio. It's not like you will missing out on any story elements or anything, and this looks to be the biggest change for From yet.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I was thinking actually maybe that’s why I’d wait on Sekiro. It sounds like it’s a progression or evolution of the Soulsborne formula and I think it might be best to spend more time at the origins of the genre first. I am curious to see how the gameplay changes, and I might appreciate it more that way. We’ll see how the reviews turn out though. I’m trying not to drop full price on anything lately unless it really, really grabs me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Fair enough, it's a defo day 1 for me which is rare these days. Wonder if i can beat last years of 4 day one purchases lol. Shame you might not be along for the initial ride buddy.

Thrillho

@GepaltDopular Nier is such a unique little game and I hope you have good fun with it! Just make sure you save the game at every given opportunity as it's easy to forget the game doesn't have an autosave mode.

One minor spoiler that I wish I'd known about in the early game..

fast travel does unlock quite early on and it's definitely worth getting before doing some of the early side missions that see you crossing the map back and forth

There is a thread for the game itself on here which does contain spoilers (not on the page that is linked that aren't in spoiler tags) and it's cool to hear how people are finding this game as the story is quite weird but contains some quite thought provoking parts.

Have fun!

Thrillho

andreoni79

@GepaltDopular I welcome you with a question: did you get a physical copy of Nier? I heard there's only the vanilla game on the disc, with a voucher for the DLC and all the patches to download. Is it true?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

FullbringIchigo

@andreoni79 @GepaltDopular sounds like what they did with the Royal Edition of FFXV, just put the original game in the case and gave you a download code

i hate it when publishers do that, i lent my brother my copy of the FFXV Royal Edition but he can't use any of the DLC at all

is it so damn hard to include the stuff on the disc or on a second install disc if there isn't room?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Octane

@FullbringIchigo It probably isn't, but it's so much easier to just print more of the same discs. They just don't care.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic