Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 4,206

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Well, having played four more hours yesterday evening and this morning, I can safely say that the gameplay's the same excellent blast as before. I stole a stealth warship from a naval base (which I promptly tore to pieces with the stolen warship's deck guns) and infiltrated an airport by executing a perfect landing and quietly taxying to a hangar... which I then blew up, of course, before making all the other bits of the airport explode, too. It's a heck of a lot of fun.

But the graphical problems and glitches were with me every step of the way. I'll tag you over in the screenshot thread, because I don't wanna derail this topic, but some of it just took me out of the experience, to the point where I'm having to enjoy this because it's now "the buggy sandbox game" instead of a great new release. It's making me bolder in my playstyle, though, so maybe it's a weird kinda good way to look at it... but not for £80. If it was £20 or less, I wouldn't feel quite so betrayed by all the pre-release marketing.

And as for the forums, we're not going anywhere (I don't think)! Life is life and we all understand, but the place ain't the same without you, so hope you can drop by as much as possible.

@JohnnyShoulder It certainly feels like it's a line item in a stockholder report; Just Cause 3 was also released in December a couple years back and it obviously worked for them, so they thought they'd give it another shot. It was announced alongside everybody else's announcements for this crazy release window we've been enjoying, so perhaps they just didn't realise their mistake until it was too late. The game certainly could've used some extra development time!

And don't worry, you didn't. It was more that your post made me realise that I was criticising an aspect of a new game that hardly anybody else was playing, and I should've been providing evidence to back up my claims. The graphics tricked me into thinking I was playing an old PS3 game because I forgot about the Share button for a while! I'll tag you in the screenshot thread, too.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Just got Detroit Become Human in the weekend sale on the PS Store for 18 quid. Came with a digital artbook, soundtrack, thehe's and avatars (which are awful lol).

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder That’s such a sweet deal. I’ll be interested to hear how you like it!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Cheers man, and thanks for your in depth comments on the game. It was that and my experience with Beyond that made Detroit go from a maybe to a must buy. Hopefully I'll get round to play it this side of PS5 lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

Just nabbed a sealed copy of Monster Hunter: World for a cool $20!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

I decided to buy Dragon Quest XI on the PS Store while it was still on sale, so I got it for just under $42.

My Christmas bonus should be enough to cover that & Smash.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

Monster Hunter: Wolrd. I got it to play with a friend.

Jaz007

RR529

The sales strike again as InFamous Second Son & Senran Kagura Estival Versus are added to my library.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Nabbed Tetris Effect on Ebay. Can't wait to try this!

Th3solution

@Ralizah I really want to try that game. I don’t have VR but it looks brilliant enough in 2D. I’m just waiting for a little bit of a price drop.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution I got it for roughly $30. Maybe a bit much for Tetris, but I can see myself putting a lot of hours into it.

If you're U.S.-based, Gamestop has it on sale for $20 right now.

Th3solution

@Ralizah Really? Ah man, I was just in GameStop a couple days ago. I didn’t see it at the time, but wasn’t really looking for it. I might go back and get it for $20. It’s a game that could fit in perfectly as a good palate cleanser between story based games.

Throb

From seeing the Pushsquare top games for this year, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age rated very high and it's one that I've never heard of. So I got this cheap on Amazon and will be delivered today. If it's as good as the others in the top ten, then hopefully I will enjoy it

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Th3solution

@Throb I’ll be interested to hear if you like it. That’s great that you used the poll as a means to find a recommendation for the purchase. I’ve never played a DQ game, but I have to admit, I’m curious about the series now and especially this latest entry.

Elodin

Just bought Mortal Kombat XL for $4.99. Having fun, breaking skulls. What a steal at that price.

Elodin

Tjuz

I bought Unravel Two on sale a couple of days ago to play with my sister, and now I've added Hitman 2 to the collection! I think I pretty much have all the big 2018 games I care about sorted at this point. There's some stuff I wouldn't mind giving a try later down the line, but my priorities have all been acquired!

Tjuz

ApostateMage

I finally got Dragon Quest XI. This is the Dragon Quest I love - old school turn based combat, lush scenery, cool looking monsters with awesome silly names and wonderful British accented voice overs. Saying that, my only party member at the moment is a thief called Erik who sounds like a British bloke pretending to be from New Jersey or something. He seems pretty cool so far, though, and I'm getting used to that strange accent of his.

ApostateMage

QualityGeezer

Bought metro redux as my mate assured me I had massively missed out by not playing them

QualityGeezer

mookysam

@ApostateMage Erik is supposed to be Danish. Not sure how convincing the accent is mind, but you get used to it. 😂Glad you're enjoying the game so far! I'm very nearly finished (nearly is relative I guess, although I have seen the sort-of-end credits) and it is awesome!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Turismo4GT

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition in the PSN Black Friday Sale. I haven't booted it up yet, waiting till Christmas Day to crack that little beauty.

Turismo4GT

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic