Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 4,206

RR529

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@RR529 Hope you enjoy Titanfall 2, it has my fave FPS single player campaign from this gen.

Yeah, I'm not huge on FPS', but I do like sci-fi & mechs so it caught my attention (I worked through & enjoyed HALO Anniversary a few years ago on 360, so I'm sure I can do it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

My first import. I'm getting VR for Christmas, so I had to get this. I've been interested in it ever since it's was first being shown on the VR.

Untitled

I've even made a Singapore PSN account for the DLC it comes with.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Jaz007 Nice! I'll be interested to hear your impressions. Supposedly the game is a really good VR technical showcase.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

@Tasuki You know, because I’m new to VR and haven’t gotten it yet, I forgot about that. You’re conprlelty right though. 😂😂 I’ll make another post there.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

Untitled

I'm gonna stick with Hitman 2 tonight, but then get underway with this in the morning.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger I can't buy a game and not load it up immediately. I don't think I've ever managed to, actually. I don't understand people who say they bought XYZ game a year ago and it's still in shrink wrap on the shelf!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

mookysam

Untitled

So tempted to start this, but must...finish...current...games...

The blu-rays are encased in the artbook (similar to Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on the PS3), which is nice. The code for the DLC and Persona 4 Dancing isn't working yet.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@KratosMD Don't know if base ship to mainland Europe, but it was £70 there which was a pretty good deal. It probably will be dirt cheap pretty soon though. I got the special edition of P4D on the Vita for £35 quite a long time after it was released.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Bonbonetti

Got my copy of Ride 3 today, and spent some time with it tonight. It's like Forza or Gran Turismo but with motorcycles. It's not a massive difference from the previous version; Ride 3 is to Ride 2 what F1 2018 was to F1 2017. If you really like motorcycle racing games, like the MotoGP, TT Isle of Man and SBK series, it's a great addition to your collection. Not to mention if you liked the previous Ride games. I was worried it would have the performance issues as their latest MotoGP game, but happily that's not the case; the game runs smoothly.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Jaz007

Untitled

It's awesome so far, ooozing with style. The characters dance according to their personality which is really cool. I also like the social events too, they're pretty cool so far. It's got the right difficultly to it too. After playing on easy of couple of times (in the demo) I've been able to clear the songs on my first try on no problem. Well, there was one song I didn't clear first try, and that was the end credits song to P5 and it plays to the credits of the game rolling. It's hard, it's just that it made me start to get emotional and I couldn't properly play it.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@RogerRoger I can't buy a game and not load it up immediately. I don't think I've ever managed to, actually. I don't understand people who say they bought XYZ game a year ago and it's still in shrink wrap on the shelf!

Usually, I'm with you; I play games the day they're released, and it's only because I'm on PushSquare that I take a snapshot of whatever I've purchased to post here before opening it up and installing it.

But with such a crowded release schedule this year, there have been the odd moments where I've waited for an appropriate time to start something, only by a day or two. The exception to this rule is Shenmue I & II Remastered, which is still shrink-wrapped on my shelf because it had the misfortune of coming out a week before everything kicked off.

So I guess you could say I unwrap things when I'm ready to play them; I'm just usually better at being ready to play them on release date.

Anyway, it's open now. Took ages to install, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

After a 200$ present, I got Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Guilty Gear Rev 2, and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

Would've got Red Dead, but I thought it was best to wait until I got MGSV and Type-0 out of my backog first.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I’ve been a little bit AWOL lately with just spare minutes here and there for a brief PS check everyday — so I’m a little late, but in case I missed it, I am anxiously anticipating your impressions of Just Cause 4 when you have some. If you already do, then direct me to the appropriate thread because I’d love to know if the game is going to live up to the lofty promises in the promos.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I very nearly tagged you the other day, just randomly, to make sure you were alright since you've been posting less frequently... you've been missed (but no pressure to be here every day, obviously, just hope it wasn't for a bad reason)!

I've spoken about Just Cause 4 in the "What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?" topic twice, both on the most recent page. Put simply, it's the same great gameplay but with a serious graphical problem preventing me from becoming addicted. I played it for about four, maybe five hours on Tuesday, but yesterday I went back to Hitman. I'll be playing as Rico again later this evening, but the moments of genius have been dragged down by the overall lack of quality, and I'm not sure how long it'll hold my interest going forward unless there are some major improvements to the game's appearance, interface and options.

The reason it's been getting great review scores (mostly eights) is because all advance review copies were for the PC, upon which it looks gorgeous. I'm eagerly awaiting PushSquare's review in particular, and the Digital Foundry cross-platform analysis, because there's no way anybody can enjoy the game without the visuals being a major distraction (and I'm no graphics snob, either).

I'll try and share some screencaps. Already posted one on the PushSquare PS4 Community.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I've seen a 6 for the PS4 version. Not read it all yet, but for the 'cons' in the summary section, it did not mention any of the bugs you have experienced.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

Just traded my copy of the awful Call of Cthulhu for a pre-owned copy of Dragon Quest XI!
😜

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That's interesting. When I mentioned my concerns in the comment section of PushSquare's review round-up article, I had many people agree with me, but one person disagreed and said that the graphics were fine, but that they were playing on a base PS4 and not a PS4 Pro. I'm wondering if there's any difference and that somehow the PS4 Pro is trying (and obviously failing) to do something extra.

Here's the shot I posted on the PushSquare PS4 Community. It's a completely still landscape shot from a major cutscene early in the story.

Untitled

Here's another; this was during a cutscene rendered in real-time, and the texture of the Jeep behind her? That's fully loaded. I kept waiting for it to pop in, and hung around after the cutscene walking slowly around said Jeep for a full minute... nothing. This is what everything looks like in-game.

Untitled

Character models frequently don't pop in at all, or pop in three seconds before the cutscene ends. Hair has a weird lighting bug which means Rico's beard periodically glows, revealing the texture map of his face. As soon as you move the camera, everything becomes insanely blurry and impossible to track (to the point where I had to dial the analogue stick sensitivity down from a default 80 to a more useable 40, which leaves me feeling a little sluggish in combat but at least I can see what I'm doing... and that's about the only useful thing you'll find in the options, by the way).

Just Cause 3 may have been rough around the edges, but at least it felt finished and sufficiently current-gen. This just feels like a really lazy remaster of an early PS3 game.

Again, a shame because the gameplay is a heck of a lot of mindless fun.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks for the response and the info about the disappointment of JC4. I did find the impressions on the other thread to read as well.
Its too bad about the graphics. For the type of game it is, there really is a minimum standard of graphical fidelity that is acceptable and it seems like the game can’t quite hit that mark. We’ll see how it comes along with any patches.
...And thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate the conscientiousness of our community. I’ve been pretty busy and so I’m very far behind in keeping up with some of the chatter in the forums and articles. I feel so disconnected!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I was surprised when they announced the release date, it is such an odd time to release a game. This would be a perfect game to play after the truck load of spring releases.
But then again they are working on RAGE 2 and that is out in May. Hopefully that will be more polished cos I'm very much interested in that game.
Square Enix do not have a great history with some of the developers. I remember hearing story about JC3 and how SE wanted it to be a online only game kinda like Fortnite, but changed their plans only a few months before it was due to release. So maybe they put pressure on Avalanche to release now.
EDIT: Oh and I wasn't casting any doubt on your impressions of the game or anything, soz if it came across that way.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic