Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 4,206

JohnnyShoulder

Just bought Abzu in the weekend flash sale on the PS store.

After finished Dark Souls Remastered earlier I fancied something shorter and more chill to play on this hot summer day.

Turns out it is the perfect choice! So tranquil to play and beautiful in places.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Glad you like it. The music is fantastic. The end is probably the best part imo.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah the music fits the game perfectly. Is it by some of the people that made Journey?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I don’t believe so. Without looking it up, I’m pretty sure that it’s a different developer and team than Journey or Flower, by it is definitely inspired by those games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NecuVise

Watch Dogs 2 is good for some chill summer gaming.

NecuVise

Decoy_Snake

I really wanna play The Last Of Us again so I'm thinking of picking up the PS4 version just wanna get some of my backlog done

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Ralizah

Bought Final Fantasy VII in the recent sale.

Not that I need it again. I own two copies on PS1 (normal AND greatest hits versions), the PSOne Classic version for my Vita, used to own the physical PC version with the weirdly-shaped outer box, and the Steam re-release. What's one more version of one of the greatest games ever made!

@kyleforrester87 btw, I can confirm that this does, indeed, still come with the PS4 theme! Lovely rendition of Aerith's theme, I gotta say.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 The music is what makes them for me. Otherwise, the theme would just be a couple of still images. It also has menu sound effects from the game, much like the excellent RE 20th Anniversary theme, which is what I was primarily using before this.

Anyway, some themes can be a bit... loud, but the music in this one is very gentle and subtle. Perfect for a dashboard theme.

Although my favorite theme on any system is still this 30th Anniversary Zelda one for 3DS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

Picked up Nioh since it was part of the PSN sale. Been eyeing it for awhile so I decided to pull the trigger.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

DestinationPs

Picked up Dark souls III on the PSN sale. Just beat the first boss, felt great! Looking forward to continue playing!

DestinationPs

Rudy_Manchego

I bought LIS:Before the Storm deluxe edition hella cheap on Amazon.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

Killzone Shadow Fall and Ratchet & Clank!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Sina Mora EX
Deadlight
The Flame and the Flood
Whatever Happened to Edith Finch
Chime Sharp
Strider

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

DerMeister

I bought Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.2 cheap last night. Got it for $6 instead of $15.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Im quite interested in chime sharp. I had the original on x360 and it was pretty good but I remember struggling to get very far.

Ive just bought Shovel Knight.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Yeah me too, fancied a puzzler to chill out and with added beats.

Bought Burnout Paradise in the weekend flash sale. It is good fun, but can remember getting bored of doing the same activities over and over when I played it on the 360, so wonder if the same will happen again.

KALofKRYPTON

I'm holding off pulling the trigger on the £100's worth I have in my Play-Asia shopping basket... I have such an expensive weekend coming up!! hahaha.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic