Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 4,206

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I think Bridge Crew is a happy success where it was expected to tank.

From what I gather, the team is incredibly small. From chatter on their forum, the game is largely built by designers alone in Unreal using blueprint with little programmer support. The support from CBS is there though, so that's something.

@Octane Shadow Fall is superb. I never finished it as I got sucked in to the multiplayer, which was also great. Guerilla being Guerilla, it had a huge amount of support well beyond release.
I will go back and finish it - it's the one launch game I still have actually.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ArkhamKnerd

Gravity Rush 2 just came in the mail. It was $15 in the E3 sale but I really wanted it physical and noticed it was only $20 now at Best Buy. With the price being so low now I would've held off until I finished some of my other games I'm working on but remembered the servers were shutting down next month so I wanted to hurry and get to it before then. I loved the demo when I played it last year and it was enough to get me to purchase the GR Remaster so I'm looking forward to more adventures with Kat!

Edited on by ArkhamKnerd

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Th3solution

@ArkhamKnerd Yeah, it’s a great game. I did the same thing when the original server shut-down date was coming up before it was extended. I skipped all my other games to do all the GR2 online acquisitions, then once I maxed out my Dusty Coins, I haven’t gone back and actually finished the story yet. I really need to get back to that. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@ArkhamKnerd You'll have a good time. Just don't expect it to be radically different from the first one and you'll like it.

Would love some more of Kat's good vibes right now. Sony, please make GR3 one day!

@Th3solution You saved it for a rainy day.

Kidfried

DerMeister

I treated myself to Dragon Ball FighterZ. It's really freaking good.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

JJ-firl

@ArkhamKnerd @Kidfried @Th3solution I haven’t played 2 yet but really enjoyed GR on the Vita. Kat has to be one of the most likeable protagonists ever!

Spoiled myself with two games today: Yakuza Zero and Hyper Light Drifter. Looking to play them both later this summer.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Kidfried

I bought... Patapon Remastered. Never owned a PSP, so it's great being able to catch up on this one.

Kidfried

DestinationPs

Ni no kuni II, a real "feelgood-game" that has put a smile on my face many times! Next I'm thinking about Dark souls remastered but I'll probably suck at it so I really shouldn't.

DestinationPs

Gamer83

Lumines Remastered... One of my favorite PSP games of all-time and it holds up very well.

Gamer83

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried Get Loco Roco too.

Better still - grab yourself a PSP. Must be cheap as chips to gather the best games for one now.

@Gamer83 I really didn't play Electronic Symphony much, was a good sequel though.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Yea, I was deciding between Loco Roco and Patapon, and chose the latter. Don't want my backlog to get too big, but it's definitely on my wishlist.

And sadly handhelds just don't really gel with me. Many of the PSP games really speak to me, but I just don't enjoy the small screen. With my long fingers it's also never really comfortable to play on these small Japanese machines.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried I get that. Patapon is a fine game. Loco Roco is magic though.

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Dang, I made the wrong choice! I thought that the moment I checked out my digital basket!

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried Not the wrong choice at all, Patapon is well worth playing.

Also, Loco Roco Remastered is only 4 quid. So a cheap buy next time

Th3solution

@Kidfried @KALofKRYPTON I quite enjoyed Patapon until I got to the later stages and it got pretty hard as I recall, so I think I abandoned it. Even though I’m not a musician or have any training as such, I always considered myself to have a good natural sense of keeping s beat, but the game requires not only that but the ability to really keep your concentration. Really fun game though. I never tried Loco Roco either.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I don't think I finished it either. I remember having it around the same time as Beats - and just hammered that playing Daft Punk and Jamiroquai tunes.

At £4 at the moment, Loco Roco is worth anyone's money. I'm tempted to get it myself as I sadly (and oh so short-sightedly) sold all of my PSP games ages ago.

EDIT: though do beware, you WILL have Loco Roco tunes in your head... possibly forever.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON

@Simon_Fitzgerald I'm every tempted by Titanfall 2.

Bonbonetti

Picked up a whole bunch of games from the sale(s):
Titan Attacks, Ultratron, The Swords of Ditto, Neon Drive, The Mummy Demastered, F1 2015 + 2016 (played them on PC before but don't have them on console, and for this price it was a given), Need for Speed Rivals, The Gold Club 2, Sine Mora Ex, Wild Guns Reloaded.

I briefly tested them out after buying and they all seem really fun, the "sort-of" exception being Wild Guns Reloaded. Reaching any level of mastery of the awkward control-scheme will be a big test of my patience. Plus the sale price is still very hefty for a game that has no modern adaptations, you have to complete the whole game in one sitting for example. I did not read the reviews in detail before buying the game so I only have myself to blame. Still, I will give it some more time.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic