Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 4,199

Bonbonetti

Bought 'The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2' yesterday, since I really liked the first game.
A few hours in and it's the same quirky stuff I hoped for.

Bonbonetti

Ralizah

Snagged copies of Nier: Automata and Cosmic Star Heroine in the Golden Week sale.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Nier!! My GOTY last year. I’ll be curious to hear what you think. I had to give it a little time to get used to it, but ended up loving it. If you like Platinum games already, then you should be fine from the get go. The story is amazing imo. And that is a good deal in the sale right now!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution Definitely. I'm looking forward to playing it. My only experience with Platinum games so far is via the Bayonetta games, which... I'm not a huge fan of, but that's mostly because of the complex combo system and how strictly they score everything you do. This is more of a RPG, from what I've heard, and, based on the demo, I think the combat is still satisfying but also nicely streamlined for those of us who aren't into learning "deep" combat mechanics. I also dig the perspective changes and genre mash-ups.

Edited on by Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Ralizah Still waiting for the EU release of Cosmic Star Heroine for Vita. Should be any day now...😑 .
I’ll be interested to hear your impressions.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

So, for 40 euro (45 dollar, 35 pound) I bought:

• Yakuza 0
  • Three Fourths Home
  • Bloodborne Old Hunter DLC
  • Parappa soundtrack
  • Gravity Rush 2 soundtrack
  • The Last Guardian soundtrack

It's safe to say there are great deals up at the moment!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

SuperJoon

Decided to buy a PS TV today. Stick it on the spare TV so I can stream to it and let the wife watch whatever shows she wants while I play. Bonus is, there are a fair few Vita games I can download to it as well. Score!

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

PSN: superjoon84 | Twitter:

SilentJ

Bought the God of War Pro console bundle and the Stone Mason Edition. I also ordered the hardcover guide book.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Ralizah

@Fight_Teza_Fight Between the GW discount and the 20% off coupon, I got the game for, like, $5. Can't beat that.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to trying this out. The presentation, cutscenes, and overall aesthetic gives me Sega CD vibes.

Jaz007

I got a humble bundle with Valkria Chronicles remaster, Dead Rising 1&2 for PS4, Resident Evil Remake, and another RE game. Those are the ones of note anyway.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I quite enjoyed DD, not sure how well it holds up after playing games like Witcher 3 and HZD.

The pawns are a bit annoying from what I remember and it takes too long to unlock fast travel, so you will spend loads running marathon distances until you do.

The combat is pretty sweet.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 I have fond memories of Dragons Dogma. I quite enjoyed it. The pawn system was great, and added a unique dimension to gameplay and combat. Not sure how active the community is now, but I always enjoyed using other people’s pawns as well as seeing that when I loaded the game back up that my pawn had been off on adventures with some other random player while I was offline. I hope for a DD2 with an even more fleshed out system.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

Has anyone played Virginia? Was interested in it after a recent article on here and it's on for £2.49 at the minute?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Bonbonetti

@kyleforrester87 Dragon's Dogma is something quite unique. I think it fuses J-RPG with Western RPG in a way that adds a great sense of character to the game, it stands out as being its own thing even by modern RPG standards.

Bonbonetti

kyleforrester87

@Bonbonetti yeah it seems good. Played another couple of hours last night and made basically zero progress. I'm staying away from tips and stuff though just going to try and figure it out myself lol.

I did find some gold and got some pretty cool armour though. I went with the strider class and my pawn is a hot Mage chick.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic