Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 4,199

shonenjump86

Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball FighterZ

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

ApostateMage

Uncharted Lost Legacy. My word this game is good, I think it's much more enjoyable than Uncharted 4.

**mild spoiler**
I even think Sam is pretty cool in this one.

ApostateMage

ApostateMage

@KratosMD Yeah, I totally agree. Apart from those annoying truck chase sequences, the silenced pistol and the tall grass is all I've needed so far.

ApostateMage

JJ-firl

Aven Colony, had my eye on this sci-fi builder for quite a while.

Mother Russia Bleeds.
I have a thing for old skool beat-‘em-ups and this one looks really raw. Also it was priced as much as a Big Mac.

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

kyleforrester87

@JJ-Firl I loved MRB. Be the physco guy and use his special (r3, I think) and try not to die laughing.

I played through it on shareplay with a buddy online.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JJ-firl

@kyleforrester87 Allright, I'll be sure to check that out once I fire it up. Co-op is definetely the way to have the most fun with games like this, plowing through hordes of enemies together and reviving eachother.

Thinking of picking up the Hotline Miami Collection later on as well.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

kyleforrester87

@JJ-Firl for sure! HLM1 is so good. Perhaps better on Vita as touch screen is very handy for targeting enemies quickly, even though you juggle the console a bit to do so. I didn't care much for the sequel but I was a bit distracted by other games when it dropped...

kyleforrester87

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, the sequel was good, but... it just didn't really try hard enough to convince you to keep playing it.

I guess it's just really difficult to make sequels to games that are known for being unique. The sequel will have a hard time being just as unique.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried the levels were just bad, you'd regularly get killed by some guy with an automatic rifle off screen, and many levels you just wouldn't be able to get through without using guns. The first game was punishing but fair and you could get through it with just melee weapons. I always feel a bit snobby slating the second game while raving about the first but they really are night and day to me. I did play quite a lot of the first one though to be fair, didn't quite A* every level but got close.

kyleforrester87

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, now I remember... I hated the bigger levels as well. It's just... the great thing about the first game (gameplay wise) were the small claustrophobic levels.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

I just got a couple of the souls games, Dark Souls 2 & 3, any advice on completing them? or is it just practice?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Doctor_BK

@draco-n-eliptic1 there’s some good videos on YouTube that give advice on what you should do first when you start the game. I’d watch some of those. They’ll give you a leg up at the beginning and save you a bunch of time. I’d say just take it slow, enjoy the process, summon people in areas where you’re struggling. Pick a weapon you like and stick with it. Farm materials to upgrade your weapon. Look up some tips and tricks videos if you know nothing about the souls game. But most of all, have fun! It’s extremely rewarding to improve in those games. Some of the most fun I’ve had in gaming.

Edited on by Doctor_BK

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd

JohnnyShoulder

@draco-n-eliptic1 I would avoid starting with any of the magic classes, you won't get some of the more powerful spells till later in the game. And some take a a of time to cast, which will be tricky when it comes to the bosses. I would probably go for something like a knight as it is a good all rounder and you can tailor it to how you play. Don't be afraid to experiment with different classes however to find the right one for you. I must of started the first game a handful of times before settling on a class

I always have a bow and arrows to go along with my melee weapon and shield. Good for chipping away at enemies health from far away and for splitting up packs of enemies.

Be patient. Learn enemy attack patterns and wait for an opening to attack. Learn to block, dodge and manage your stamina. Always leave a bit of stamina for any evasive moves.

There is also a really helpful beginners guide for Dark Souls 2 here https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/dark-souls-ii-starter-gu... Most of the tips can be carried over to DS3 too.

Good luck and prepare to DIE. 👹

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Hego

@draco-n-eliptic1 Patience will be your greatest asset, for each boss fight try to pay attention to their attack patterns to learn when to block/dodge. Summon help if possible when you need it, there’s absolutely no shame in it. Pick a weapon after the first ten hours that your comfortable with and be ready to upgrade it with the blacksmith. Also there’s loads of walkthroughs online to help you with difficult areas/bosses. Try to play it blind initially and discover things by yourself but if you hit a brick wall then look up help

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Gamer83

Just got home with my copy of Shadow of the Colossus, waiting for it to load up and then get to playing. Skipped it each of the last two gens, looking forward to finally seeing why some have it among their favorite games of all-time.

Gamer83

Tasuki

Picked up a few games today. For nostalgia fix and because I like arcade style sport games more then Sims I picked up Mutant Football League. I have fond memories playing the original on Genesis and after watching some videos on YouTube I decided for $20 why not.

Also picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. Been on the fence with this one alot but I didn't want to pay full price since I wasn't sure if I would like it but with it dropping down to $20 as part of today's sale I figured that's a reasonable price if it decided I don't like it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Gamer83 My pre-order for some reason got cancelled from Shopto. I did think it was strange that I'd received no despatch email. So I've pre-ordered on the PSN store and it will be downloading over night. Not something I've done much in the past but I was expecting to be playing in tomorrow.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Gamer83 @JohnnyShoulder Just came home with my copy as well. Popped it in and got it loaded, but then got sidetracked and don’t have proper time to devote tonight. Hopefully will be slaying Colossi tomorrow though. I did load the preorder bonus avatars and theme though. Pretty nice.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic