Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 4,206

themcnoisy

Just grabbed LA Noire and No Mans Sky

@Quintumply I know its been a while but your commander logs are the inspiration for that last purchase.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Quintumply

@themcnoisy Haha, cool! Thanks for checking those out, I had fun writing them. Hope you enjoy NMS. They've added quite a lot to the game since I played it

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Kidfried

I bought Mafia 3 for less than a tenner. Didn't plan on buying any more games this year, but... the price was just exactly right. I bought Mafia 2 when it just released, but I never got much farther than the start of the game. I just love the classic mafia moves so much (Godfather, Goodfellas, etc.), so I keep longing for a good video game equivalent.

(I even bought the mediocre Scarface and Godfather games some ten years ago.)

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Quintumply I liked these a lot too! Really encouraged me to get into the game too. Sadly, the game bored me out a bit too fast. Interested in your experience @themcnoisy

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Quintumply I liked the game a lot actually, but the walking-without-a-purpose just kind of killed my engagement with it.

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Kidfried Mafia III was enjoyable. It's was one of my top games last year. I love the details they added to make it feel like your inn the sixties, the music, the cars how people react to you. The game can get repetitive for some but it's alot of fun. I suggest checking out the DLC too. I actually enjoyed it just as much as the main game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

Kidfried wrote:

I bought Mafia 3 for less than a tenner. Didn't plan on buying any more games this year, but... the price was just exactly right. I bought Mafia 2 when it just released, but I never got much farther than the start of the game. I just love the classic mafia moves so much (Godfather, Goodfellas, etc.), so I keep longing for a good video game equivalent.

The gameplay is VERY repetitive but the story/voice work is top notch. It's worth playing for the story alone IMO.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Elodin

Just picked up Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen for $20. Part of the NA Flash sale this weekend

Elodin

andreoni79

Just got RESI 7 in its gold edition. Christmas is gonna be bloody funny this year...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Victor_Meldrew

Pillars of eternity.. recently and also Persona 5, What Remains of Edith Finch, Yakuza Zero and Kiwami. Probably going to pick up FFXV and smash thrpugh the lot in December/January.

Victor_Meldrew

Th3solution

@Bad-MuthaAdebisi Considering that December is almost over — If you can finish Pillars, Persona 5, FFXV, and both Yakuzas in one month, you’ll be my hero. By my calculations that will require approximately 12 hours of gameplay every single day for the next 30 days. Factoring in eating, sleeping, and bathroom breaks, that’s a pretty tight schedule. And that’s only doing an average playthrough, not even a platinum or completionist run. Now if you do a minimalist play through the story only, you can probably complete them all in about 7 hours a day. (I only know this because these are all games in my backlog too, minus Pillars. And I’ve been trying to figure out how I’m going to play them all without a time machine)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ-firl

Bought Street Fighter V for 15 euros and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a sucker for fighting games and I just couldn't resist . Currently juggling this one, Injustice 2 and Guilty Gear xrd Rev 2.

Maybe picking up Tekken 7 too next week as it's half price in Europe now and seeing it appear in quite a few GOTY lists.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Splat

seanobi wrote:

Bought Persona 5 don't know why. Not usually much of JRPG guy. Only 7 hours in but so far I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about. Read its supposed to pick up 10+ hours in so I'll persevere with it for a while longer. (had a little chuckle reading @get2sammyb ranting tweets, didn't install me with much confidence going forward though) Also bought Ultrawings for psvr been liking it. Woke up with a hell of a crick neck the day after playing so not got back to yet.

Yeah, I feel like @get2sammb hates it's but anytime I see him online he is playing it. Mixed signals...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Ralizah

@seanobi In fairness, it takes a long time to get out of the tutorial. It's very much a game that requires commitment. I wouldn't say it "picks up" (what you see is pretty much what you get for the next 100+ hours), but it stops leading you around by the nose constantly.

Persona games aren't immediately intent on impressing the player. Rather, the magic is more in the groove you get into as you play further into the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Elodin

Just picked up assassin's creed origins. My backlog keeps growing, but I couldn't pass up the deal of half off and another 5 off with an expiring credit.I probably won't be able to get to it until February, but I don't think the price would be as low as $25 even then.

Elodin

mookysam

Persona 5 is definitely a slow burn. The story certainly does heat up but I will
say that the narrative pacing isn't quite as good as 3 or 4. I really enjoy the loooong dialogue scenes, but it's not for everyone. I guess it's more how all the different elements come together?

@Elodin I thought Origins was incredible. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Hope you have fun!

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Fight_Teza_Fight

I picked up .hack/GU and Pyre in the latest sale.
Thought I'd give .hack a try. Bit of an impulse buy, but I think I will like it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic