Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 4,206

Splat

The Bard's Tale.

I never played it back in the day and took a shot since it's so cheap. I have enjoyed the first few hours I have played.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Hego

Pre-ordered Uncharted:The Lost Legacy a couple of days ago after the Eurogamer review

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Victor_Meldrew

Nex Machina, Divinity Original Sin, Battlefield 1 and re bought fallout 4

Victor_Meldrew

Gamer83

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Gamer83

andreoni79

I bought a retail copy of The Last Guardian and downloaded the Limbo+Inside bundle few days ago. Too many emotions for just € 30!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

ApostateMage

Wolfenstein The New Order for £3.99. I'm currently on chapter 6 and loving it so much. FPS games are one of my least favourite genres but I haven't enjoyed one this good since Half Life. Very interesting story, likeable characters and good humour.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

i just brought Fallout 4, a bit of an old game but it was cheap so i thought why not

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

ArkhamKnerd

Nier: Automata and Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Nier came on Saturday so I've got a few hours in on that. Currently waiting on Uncharted to be delivered. Says there was a delay in the delivery but that it SHOULD be here sometime before 8pm (it is 6pm for me as I write this). Anyways, I'm going to have trouble deciding which game to play during my free time at night!

Update: it did NOT get delivered today 😞 even though Amazon said it would..sigh

Edited on by ArkhamKnerd

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

BAMozzy

Uncharted: Lost Legacy...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

Modern Naughty Dog games are mostly boring, although I did enjoy Uncharted 4. Best story and gameplay in the series.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD Heh, TLOU is my least favorite ND game. Equal parts boring and depressing. I acknowledge that's not a popular viewpoint, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

I too found the Last of Us quite boring and predictable. It wasn't helped by a protagonist that I had no affinity to. I thought the story was predictable and the game-play was slow and boring. Visually it looked great but I got fed up by the structure of the game too. A few 'horde' mode parts and the best supporting 'part' was the humble pallet - used multiple times because Ellie can't swim. I pretty much knew the way the 'plot' would play out.

I also hate that 'Batman vision' that Joel had and crept into Uncharted 4 to a lesser degree but you could still 'mark' targets and get a stupid arrow over their head. In Batman, it makes sense but not in these games.

I really like the Uncharted series but 4 for me was the 'least' Uncharted game of the lot. It still has some incredible visuals and fantastic attention to detail but it was more 'Goonies' to the predecessors 'Indiana Jones'. The first game was very much like Tomb Raider BUT what this had over TR at the time was depth of characters and how 'realistically realised' they were. However with the Tomb Raider reboot, that gave Lara a much more 'realistic' personality. The game also branched out into a more RPG game. Story wise, I preferred the first Tomb Raider to the follow-up, 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' but the game-play of Rise was certainly bigger and better. I also preferred the options post completion - much better than TR's MP. Talking of MP, I am not a big fan of Uncharted's and Last of Us.

I still like U4 and it was my 'game of the year' but I do think it missed the aspects that made Uncharted 1-3. It also felt like they 'shoe-horned' a character in to fit the direction that the new team wanted to go. I am not denying that they improved on the 'game-play' and 'combat' - although I would have preferred a more 'solo' combat and no MGS style target marking as it leaves triangles over heads which really ruins the scene.

What sets ND apart though is how well realised their characters are and the attention to detail in the visuals. Even going back to Uncharted, at that time nothing else came close to the 'characters' - especially the protagonist. Games like BioShock, Dead Space etc put you in the shoes of a 'blank' character - even if we knew 'something' about who they were and the job they did, they were still pretty 'blank' canvasses. Nate though felt like a real person, someone you could meet. Uncharted 2 was stunning and Uncharted 3 was (in my opinion) the best looking game on Last Gen. I know Last of Us was a great looking game too but still felt 'empty', quite drab colour pallet and I think, not quite as stunning. I think that U3 was the 'pinnacle' of visuals on last gen and after that, we had a plateau.

Naughty Dog still remains as my 'favourite' developers. Their games are a testament to what can be achieved on 'limited' hardware. Uncharted 4 still stands up as a technical masterpiece and set the standard. I know Horizon:ZD is incredible too but its not quite as technically proficient as Uncharted 4. I also know that Horizon:ZD was very different in that it was a big, open world game. It has a few clipping issues, sometimes footprints show in snow and other times not. Plants etc don't react properly when you walk through them and facial animations are not in the same league. Again I know Horizon is a 'different' game and may have to sacrifice some of these to deliver the big open world with giant robot Dinosaurs wandering around but the point still stands that ND games are technical masterpieces with great characters - even if sometimes the story and/or game-play aren't always pushing things forward so much.

I will still buy Last of Us 2 - because its ND and because they always blow me away with their technical prowess. I would also look forward to the next Tomb Raider too. I have bought and completed both the reboots at least twice now. I doubt it will be made by Crystal Dynamix though as they are now working on a Marvel Avengers and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the rumoured follow up to 'Rise' is more likely to be developed by Eidos Montreal it seems and it was rumoured to be formally announced at E3, then Gamescom but so far, nothing official...

I love third person Action Adventure games!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gamer83

Picked up Yakuza Kiwami and Resident Evil: Revelations.

@KratosMD
Nice, if you like beat 'em ups I think you'll really enjoy this game. Probably the best one to start with as well as the game does shows it age a little bit (originally released in 2005 afterall). If you like it, definitely look into 0 - best game in the series - after that.

Gamer83

Nei

I got a white ps4 pro today - a 4K tv is coming in two weeks so I hope to get something out of it, aside for the fact that it matches my furniture sweetly.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Shellcore

Strolled into GAME and picked up Knack 2. It's okay for a grown man to do that now. It's 2017.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic