Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 4,206

Octane

I got NieR: Automata. Let's hope it's as good as people say it is.

Octane

Xaritah

I dob't know if this counts but it is Sony material, i just bought a ps vita online, and 2 games that haven't arrived yet, uncharted gold and world of final fantasy, having a vita with no games for now makes me play all those titles that i have from previous PlayStation plus offers 😂 and remote play my ps4 of course! Love playing ps4 anywhere in my house 😆

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

Tasuki

Harvest Moon Save the Homeland. This was the game that got me hooked on the series, prior to that a played a bit of the SNES one but this was the one I sunk the most time in. Granted I know alot of people consider this a weak entry into the series, as it doesn't have relationships or kids like some of the others but this one always holds a special place for me. Glad to own it once again since I stupidly sold my PS2 copy years ago.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Simon_Fitzgerald

I just picked up, Risk of Rain, What Remains of Edith Finch, Super Rude Bear Resurrection, A Boy and his Blob, One Upon Light and LocoRoco. Why, I do not know! It seemed a good idea a few hours ago when i was sat at my desk at work bored out of my mind.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

ApostateMage

I've just bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate for a measly £8 so I won't be too disappointed if I don't get into it.

ApostateMage

Tasuki

@ApostateMage I actually found that one to be very good, probably in my top 3 AC games that came out after AC II. It didn't have the bugs like Unity did the time period was alot of fun and having the ability to switch characters like GTA V, was a very nice touch to the series.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RedFinch

I am a fairly new owner of the PS4 Pro. Originally, I only had the Wii U. I wasn't able to find a Switch, so I decided it was time to pick up the PS4 and perhaps invest in PS4 VR once there were some nice VR games to get.

I am already building a huge backlog of PS4 games from PSN sales and raiding bargain bins at the big box stores - like many of us here, I enjoy the acquiring even though I don't have time to play everything to completion.

Most recently, I got Galak-Z, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus, Abzu, Jack the Ripper DLC for AC Syndicate and Everybody's going to the Rapture. I am interested in Butcher, but was able to hold out.

RedFinch

Splat

I just pre-ordered Injustice 2. I haven't picked up a fighting game in awhile so looking forward to giving it a go. I'm more of a casual fighting game fan so I have no plans of trying to play online.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

BAMozzy

@Simon_Fitzgerald Compared to a standard PS4, the improvements are certainly noticeable - especially on a 4k TV. Whether those improvements are enough to justify the cost or not will be down to you and the games you play - especially if you already own a PS4. Boost mode has helped give more value as that has helped improve the performance in a greater number of games too. A few games though offer a higher frame rate option and some don't seem to implement the Pro very well. The Last Guardian for example, you have to force the console into 1080p mode to get the best performance.

Its certainly a 'better' PS4 and I would certainly say its worth spending the 'extra' on instead of buying a Slim but at the moment, I am not sure if its worth spending £350 on if you have a PS4 - again comes down to the games you play. PSVR, not that I have one myself, also benefits so you will get more value than myself - improved visuals, textures, frame rates etc. I have no doubt that over the remainder of the generation, it will be a more worthwhile investment as more and more games release to take full advantage of the Pro. I can't wait to play games like Days Gone, Uncharted: Lost Legacy and Last of Us 2 on my Pro and in HDR. Then of course you have the third party releases too - although I do expect I will buy a number of these on 'Scorpio' myself but from what I have seen of games on the Pro, it does a good job of delivering UHD visuals.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

@Simon_Fitzgerald PSVR is improved, it was really noticable on things like Battlezone when I tried it.

Word of warning though, HDR, if your TV supports it won't work with the PSVR splitter box so you'll have to unplug and go direct if you normally keep it hooked up. Also, some TV's get blackouts for a second or so when you start playing games on the Pro via the splitter box. This is an issue with the 4k output (or something). It is a bit annoying as it can happen during a game. Doesn't affect everyone though but is a well reported bug.

Don't let that put you off though, VR games do run better on the Pro!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RenanKJ

Got AC Unity recently; maybe it's because the torchs and forks are down now, maybe it's all the patches Ubi made, but I'm loving Unity, it's a really good game and one of the best ACs released. The scenes are really well acted, characters are really good, [spoiler] the romance between a daughter of a templar and a son of an Assassin is quite an interesting plot, particularly since their scenes are so good! [end of spoiler]. And gameplay-wise, there are many customizations, side missions to be played at any order, co-op missions, outstanding setting (Ubi really deserves the praise when it comes to (re)creating worlds), and the movements are so responsive compared to previous titles.

Anyway, I don't regret buying it at all, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys AC or simply wants to give it a try. If the internet broke it for you, it's probably the time to give it a second chance. =)

P.S: Fighting is actually challenging now, whenever you have like 3 or more enemies around you at once!

Edited on by RenanKJ

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic