Forums

Topic: Your Christmas/Holiday 2016 games... A year on

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

BowTiesAreCool

I was thinking about how my own expectations got flipped upside with games I got last Christmas. I bought Assassins Creed Syndicate thinking I'd love it... But sold it after a month. Wheras my brother got me Watch Dogs 2, which I'd never buy in a million years but ended up LOVING it, got the platinum and still play it today (the hacking invasion mode is ridiculously fun and addictive). Likewise with FFXV, still playing that today, which is a rarity after a year.

What games did you get as presents/buy for yourself last Christmas/Holiday period and how did they pan out for you? Be interesting to hear any similar stories with other games subverting your own bias/expectations.

BowTiesAreCool

wackojacko

It's all about No Man's Sky bro. My little sister got it me from a CEX shop second hand I think, pretended I was excited etc. Anyway gave it a go and still occasionally go back to it for the soundtrack and chilled out space gameplay doing whatever you want.

wackojacko

Th3solution

@BowTiesAreCool For me, my biggest surprise was probably the opposite of one of yours — I preordered FFXV for a day 1 purchase and was really excited to play it, but I set the goal to complete Persona 4 Golden first, a game I had been working on for literally a couple years. I did wrap up P4 shortly after Christmas, then got distracted by Life is Strange, then Rise of the Tomb Raider... and before I knew it FFXV was nestled and forgotten into my backlog, where it still remains unplayed, I’m embarrassed to say.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BowTiesAreCool

@wackojacko yeah the soundtrack is ridiculous. One of my fave VGM vinyl releases to date.

@Th3solution to be fair both of those are mint. RotTR is so so good, you kinda feel sorry for them that Uncharted 4 did everything just a little bit better so often gets ignored or forgotten about. I'm not emotionally ready to talk about LiS yet haha. But yeah FFXV is in my top 3 FFs ever, you'll no doubt find some fun in there once you take the plunge!

BowTiesAreCool

Gremio108

I got The Last Guardian and completed it in under a week last January. Loved every minute. I haven't been back to it yet, but I haven't traded it in either. I fancy going for that speedrun trophy, but I think that would spoil it. All of Trico's charming foibles would probably become major annoyances if I was up against the clock.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

BowTiesAreCool

@Gremio108 wait 'til you try the VR version. Trico in 2D - cute. Trico in VR - TERRIFYING.

BowTiesAreCool

Gremio108

@BowTiesAreCool I bet! VR's out of my price range for now, but this would be the first thing I tried if I got it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.