Forums

Topic: ws-37368-7 Help!

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

sleepingcalum

So I'm a pretty relaxed playstation user, I play games (typically by myself) but i still have ps+ for the free games every month. I have been playing destiny 2 alot recently which is the only game that I regularly play that has multiplayer in it. I played online yesterday just fine but I woke up today to play some games on my playstation only to be asked to sign in. when I do I get the error ws-37368-7.
I don't know what to do, I've invested alot of money into my account over the years and now to have an error disallowing me to log in to my account because I either "requested my account to be closed or have been banned for violating the playstation network terms of service and user agreement". I haven't done anything dodgy at all EVER, not once and to suddenly be banned from my account is just depressing, is it possible that I was hacked?
Please help, anything would be appreciated!

To the land of sleep I go!

Th3solution

I think there was a similar issue someone had recently on this thread:
https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/please_i_need_help_with_...
Of note, see the link there to the reddit discussion in that thread which has a lot of good information on it.
Apparently this issue must be becoming more common! Sorry to hear about that! @sleepingcalum

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sleepingcalum

Cheers @Th3solution I'll look into this further, very much appreciated.

RogerRoger

@sleepingcalum It's concerning that you're not the only person having this issue right now. I'm a similar kind of player to you (just one or two online games that I barely play) but I post on a couple Community pages and people on there can get quite reactionary and toxic.

It's great that PSN has a "report" function but also scary that the top YouTube videos showing how to file a grievance are titled "Get Players BANNED!!" because, in the age of swatting and drama videos, I fear there are folk out there who just wanna cause problems. You may have just scored a headshot on the wrong teenager and triggered a spiteful response, but Sony would be criticised if they didn't take action.

Hope you can get your issue resolved quickly. Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sleepingcalum

@RogerRoger Yeah its pretty scary knowing that one spiteful person or system can smite you without any real way of retribution. Thanks for the support means alot and hopefully this'll end up with a happy ending but i have my doubts .

BAMozzy

@RogerRoger @sleepingcalum I always think that grievances should be accompanied by evidence before any action is taken. If you can get people banned for no reason - other than spite, then there is something wrong. Its all well and good having a procedure to protect people from abuse, from cheaters etc BUT it should also protect those innocent from those who are 'abusing' the grievance procedure out of spite.

I really don't think Sony (or MS for that matter) should have the authority to ban people without evidence of wrong doing as you are 'paying' for the online service. If you are breaching the terms of that contract, then fair enough, but Sony should have 'proof' that they can provide you with to support their decision to ban you. If they say they banned you for 'bad language' for example, they should be able to provide you with that proof which would have to be supplied by the person who reported you.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy Bang on. No one should be able to dish out punishment without any evidence and on just because someone reported alleged bad behaviour.

Or maybe it is just a technical hitch?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sleepingcalum

@JohnnyShoulder I have no idea what it is, I have not received any emails saying why I was banned so I will have to contact sony tomorrow to see if i can appeal this mess.
If any of you have any idea of what the contact details are to sony/playstation I'm all ears

NecuVise

I find it rather amusing that you lose all your digital games just because someone somewhere reported you on something, and you are not informed, inquired or anything, you are just given an error code. Just imagine having such situations in real life.

This is plain wrong approach in my opinion, but why would these companies care. You are important when you give them money and then you can just disappear.

I hope you get your games back man. Wish you all the best.

NecuVise

sleepingcalum

@NecuVise Cheers dude, I hope I can get this sorted soon. Its nice to see that some forums are not totally toxic and vile to be in.

RogerRoger

@sleepingcalum We're pretty unique in that respect.

To answer your previous question, I'd recommend starting with https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/#!/ and taking it from there. I know it's likely to be a convoluted system which will do everything in its power to keep you away from actually talking to a human being, but at least you can then say "I followed the steps you told me to" if you do have to escalate the complaint.

If you'd rather try and speak to somebody immediately, the general Sony Customer Service number is 020 7365 2810 and the specific PS4 Support & Sony Music number is 020 3538 2665 (your Push Square profile indicates that you're UK-based; it's likely that calls to these numbers will cost you around 7p per minute).

Let us know how you get on, if you don't mind.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sleepingcalum

@RogerRoger Yeah i looked into the get help section and it says to go to my email but i haven't received any emails so i will have to call them. I'll let you know how that goes.

Munozz2011

Hello I was researching the ps4 ban .. because I got banned too!! And came across this and was wondering what happened did you get it resolved ??and if so how did you resolve it ? If you dont mind answering it would be great help thank you!

Munozz2011

Killerjosh36

Hi I have just had the same error code message come up, somebody has been saying for a few weeks they were going to get me banned, which I reported, then tonight just going to turn it off and up popped the error code message and logged me out of my account. Looking through I can see that im going to have to contact sony, who are now closed. Its freaked me a bit, seeing all your comments though has helped though.

Killerjosh36

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.