Forums

Topic: Where the hell is a 60fps/1080p PS4 Uncharted collection?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

sub12

As a first time Playstation owner, the Uncharted franchise was one of the bigger motivators as far as jumping ship from Microsoft and over to Sony.

With so many PS3 and Vita HD collections released, as well as last year's Last of Us: Remastered (I'm guessing they cancelled Beyond Two Souls: Remastered due to limited appeal).......
Where the hell is the Uncharted: Remastered collection?

It's a bit infuriating because I'm sure Uncharted 4 will make release in November (if not they would lack a big holiday season title)....... naturally I would like to get caught up on the series. I'm scared Sony is going to point to PS Now and say "hey, you want to play Uncharted?". Although PS Now works fine, the game's do take a visual hit from the PS3 orginal, everything is a little less clear and fuzzier, so I would be pissed if this is the only option.

Does Sony usually do any promotions before such releases? Or is it more along the lines of......ohh yeah, by the way next month we are you going to release the Infamous: Remastered collection.

Edited on by Tasuki

sub12

get2sammyb

I'd be surprised if an Uncharted Collection doesn't happen at some point. I think Sony are understandably also cautious of the backlask that these 'remasters' are getting, too, though. Best to keep quiet about it until it's almost ready to release, really - it's not like this will need a big marketing/PR campaign to move units.

Edited on by get2sammyb

sub12

get2sammyb wrote:

I'd be surprised if an Uncharted Collection doesn't happen at some point. I think Sony are understandably also cautious of the backlask that these 'remasters' are getting, too, though. Best to keep quiet about it until it's almost ready to release, really - it's not like this will need a big marketing/PR campaign to move units.

If they are smart, they would release it before Uncharted 4 by a couple of months.

As far as the backlash, I kinda disagree, nobody asked for remasters of DMC, Saints Row IV, or Sleeping Dogs, as good or as bad as they may be, same goes for Beyond: Two Souls....

When it's franchise's that a large segment of the gaming populace love, like Halo, Zelda, or Uncharted.....people jump for joy.

As far as PS Now, I'm a bit optimistic, because if Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 remain missing from the catalog, it's a good indicator thay Sony is planning to make these titles avaliable via a remaster (IE, if Uncharted 1-3 is avaliable on PS Now, a decent amount of people may go for the 10 dollar rental option on PS Now vice 60 bucks for a collection despite the inferior quality, if 3 remains missing like God of War 3, it's a bit of bait thay Sony can use).

Edited on by sub12

sub12

sub12

There was also articles from 2014 stating that a Uncharted port to the PS4 was possiable. Although the PS3 archetecture was a headache,......I'm sure it wasn't easy to port titles from the not so friendly PS2 to the not friendly whatsoever PS3, all while having to move from SD to HD. But it was done, multiple times......

It would be likely that such a port would be farmed out to a third party while Naughty Dog provided some tippers and advice from their experince with The Last of Us: Remastered.

http://gamerant.com/naughty-dog-uncharted-trilogy-possible-ps4/

sub12

MakeLoveNotWar

I would love a Uncharted trilogy on PS4. I didn't really play much of the first two on ps3 because I had a lot of other games to play, but I could really get into them on PS4.

MakeLoveNotWar

sub12

Also Shu is right, the Euro's and Brits (I know you like to believe your seperate) had a different perspective for most of the last generation. In the United States, Xbox 360 trounced the PS3 in user base until roughly 2010 I reckon. That's different now, outside of two months? late last year, the PS4 has been outselling the XB1 stateside.

A lot of the American PS4 user base didn't tap into the PS3 library to the same extent as the Euro's.

sub12

themcnoisy

sub12 wrote:

Also Shu is right, the Euro's and Brits (I know you like to believe your seperate) had a different perspective for most of the last generation. In the United States, Xbox 360 trounced the PS3 in user base until roughly 2010 I reckon. That's different now, outside of two months? late last year, the PS4 has been outselling the XB1 stateside.

A lot of the American PS4 user base didn't tap into the PS3 library to the same extent as the Euro's.

That also applies to the Brits, I missed out and never played unchartered, mgs4, gt 5 and 6, god of war 3, heavy rain And even journey. I can sympathize with people who had a ps3 as a main console in regards to rejigged ultra hd re-releases, as retreading gears of war or dead rising isn't something I would want to do. But I would love to play unchartered 2 and I havnt played god of war for 9 years.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

sub12

Most of the long time Playstation user base is probably use to it to be honest, how many HD collections of PS2 games did they get during the PS3 era?.......quite a few.....

sub12

BAMozzy

I have all 3 Uncharted games and loved every single one of them. For me they were the best exclusive franchise on PS3. Does that mean I wouldn't want an Uncharted Remastered collection to play on my PS4? In a word No. 3 of the best games remastered - not that it would take much I bet as they looked great on PS3.
I am not a big fan of the remastered concept in general but I have more interest in a collection rather than individual games unless they change things a bit - the best for me was Conkers Bad Fur Day but that also had extra things with it.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Faruko

Meh...

1 was decent, 2 was SO AWESOME, but 3 was ... meh

ill take a budget Uncharted 2 HD remaster ($20) than a collection for $60

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

rastamadeus

themcnoisy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

That also applies to the Brits, I missed out and never played unchartered, mgs4, gt 5 and 6, god of war 3, heavy rain And even journey. I can sympathize with people who had a ps3 as a main console in regards to rejigged ultra hd re-releases, as retreading gears of war or dead rising isn't something I would want to do. But I would love to play unchartered 2 and I havnt played god of war for 9 years.

Rather than remasters they should just release the games to download in original form over PSN. Oh, wait. They are, via PS Now (whenever it gets a proper release).

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

sub12

rastamadeus wrote:

themcnoisy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Rather than remasters they should just release the games to download in original form over PSN. Oh, wait. They are, via PS Now (whenever it gets a proper release).

On my first post I mention this, in fact I've beaten Uncharted 1 and 2 via PS Now, and while it is playable, it is far from difinitive, as like many PS Now games, the graphics appear fuzzy and slightly washed out due to the remote streaming. Not bad but inferior to playing staright from a PS3. PS Now looks great on a Vita, but then you have to deal with awkward controls due to L2/3 and R2/33 being mapped to the TouchPad (far from ideal in more complex games).

Edited on by sub12

sub12

rastamadeus

sub12 wrote:

rastamadeus wrote:

themcnoisy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

On my first post I mention this, in fact I've beaten Uncharted 1 and 2 via PS Now, and while it is playable, it is far from difinitive, as like many PS Now games, the graphics appear fuzzy and slightly washed out due to the remote streaming. Not bad but inferior to playing staright from a PS3. PS Now looks great on a Vita, but then you have to deal with awkward controls due to L2/3 and R2/33 being mapped to the TouchPad (far from ideal in more complex games).

PSN release of the originals then, as I said. Just no remasters. Remasters should be every other generation of consoles. There are many more quality Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, PS one and PS2 games that are in need of remastering more than Uncharted and it's two sequels. Burning Rangers, for one.

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

GAMINGLORY

Never played Unchartered, so if they do the Trilogy for the PS4,yeah I buy it.

Playing The Game... That Is Playing Me... Playing The Game...

PSN: GAMINGLORY

gcunit

I did a search, but there was nothing much other than this one, so the kiss of life I will give it.

So I have Uncharted 1-3 in my PS3 collection but I've never played them. Is there much on offer in the PS4 collection to say I should skip the PS3 versions entirely?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

MadchesterManc

@gcunit As far as I know the Ps4 collection has most of the DLC included, but there are some missing features too such as multiplayer & Uncharted 3 lacks the 3D support. You do get a decent graphical upgrade, in particular for the original, but the original Ps3 release still play perfectly fine as they are.

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Octane

@gcunit Gameplay is the same, but the collection is visually a lot better. Updated models and textures, higher resolution (1080p) and I believe 60fps for all three games as well. I'd say go for it if you can find a cheap copy of the collection.

Octane

Tasuki

Now that the question has been answer, it's time for this thread to go back to the grave where once it came from. If you have anymore questions feel free to start a new thread as this one is a bit old.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.