Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 881 to 900 of 6,460

Craggis19

On Switch I am playing through Octopath Traveller, which is INSANE. Such a good blend of old and new.

PS4 is RDR2 (it just won't end!) and BFV, and I'm looking for any Pushsquare people to join on there if anyone plays it.

Craggis19

Churchy

Finally playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and loving it. Also getting into Persona 5 too!

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

RogerRoger

Last night I started up Hitman: Blood Money HD Enhanced and it's... well, it's just the crispest, cleanest version of the game you're ever gonna get, but probably know inside-out by now.

The promised tweaks to the controls come more from their responsiveness; the button layout remains the same as I remember, from both PS2 and PS3, but the camera movement cracks like a whip, so much so that I had to reduce the default sensitivity down three points just to feel comfortable (it'd only really be useful in first-person firefights and I tend not to play from that perspective, nor do I get into firefights). There's also an annoying glitch during in-game cutscenes which means the audio ends up being out-of-sync after ten seconds, but that'll be easy to patch.

Still reminding myself of the game's various complexities, to the point where I didn't get Silent Assassin until the third level (the Paris opera house, which is so famous by now that even a new player would probably set up the perfect hit) but I'm doing okay and keen to continue.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Think I may be in the final dungeon in DQXI (There are a couple locations I don't have access to yet, but they could be post game). Worked partway through it, then I went back to the save spot at the beggining and called it a session (I'd opened up a few shortcuts along the way, so I assume they'll still be open).

I've been enjoying it, but I've been at it for about a month now & I'm looking forward to jumping into something else, preferably shorter in length, soon.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kidfried

Red Dead when my partner and I are together, Onrush when I'm alone.

I've been playing these two in alternation so much, that sometimes it feels like I will never play anything else again.

The current Onrush ranked season is almost over though, after which I planned to start my playthrough of Rise of the Tomb Raider. (I've been telling myself to boot up that game for months now, so... yeah)

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I've been like that with PES since it came out last September and another game. Really not doing my backlog any good lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Kidfried @JohnnyShoulder I’m the same. I feel like I’ve been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for ages. But it’s probably because I keep taking breaks from it to play around on other games. OnRush and Tetris Effect have been great distractions for the more immediate satisfaction, versus Red Dead which has been more of the slow burn.

Incidentally, I’m not sure how much of an OnRush player impressions I’ve posted so far, but I’m quite enjoying the game. It takes a bit of getting used to and there’s a lot going on during the game, both visually and aurally, Bright flashing effects in the background of colorful backgrounds whizzing by in a perfectly adjusted sense of speed. Raucous music and sarcastic commentary abound. Crunching sounds of crashing cars, and then the thrill of hangtime also mixed in regularly. The irreverent over-the-top and juvenile celebrations and gameplay hooks border on annoying, but are kept just enough to be goofy and fun rather than irritating. The emphasis on the skins and dance celebrations is a bit much and I don’t really care about that stuff, but there is a very nice casual sense of progression that the game provides by adding more modes and vehicles gradually. The lack of a traditional race mode was offputting initially, but each of the modes offers its own kind of fun, like maxing out boost, capturing zones with your team, and hitting gates to add time. I haven’t gotten bored of the game, and it’s a good one to just put in the rotation for a quick diversion between the third person open world rpg stealth shooting. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it would have been my GOTY for 2018 like @Kidfried , but it would probably make the top 5. If nothing else, it’s different from anything else in my library, and as a free PS Plus game, it’s a gem. Add it to the list including Bloodborne, Until Dawn, and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture as outstanding PS4 games that I probably would have never played if not for PS Plus. It’s too bad we’ll never get a sequel because there’s a lot of untapped potential here.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

QualityGeezer

Assassins creed odyssey, despite the criticism that's it's stayed too far from a typical assassins creed game I think it's epic

QualityGeezer

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Ooh, glad you've been enjoying RDR2 and Onrush, but I'd be interested to read your thoughts about Rise of the Tomb Raider as / when you get around to it. I mean, I'm always interested reading your thoughts on anything but, as a big fan of Lady Croft, it goes double for Tomb Raider games!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

makoshichi

Hollow Knight. And it is the best damn game I've played since 1999.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

RR529

Finished up the main story in Dragon Quest XI this morning. While I will poke around in post game, in the meantime I started up Unravel just for something a bit different (I don't play too many puzzle platformers, but so far it's giving me the same kind of vibes as Night Sky, a game I used to play annually on 3DS, so it's definitely off to a great first impression). It's absolutely gorgeous to boot.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Thrillho

I finally started Spider-Man and just from the early missions and generally traversing the city, it's great to be able to say that this is the game I've been waiting for since Spiderman 2 on PS2.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Resi Evil 7. I had given up on this as I was stuck on a boss fight, but I finally got past him after over a year of not playing it lol. So instead of getting Resi Evil 2 (I will get it eventually) I will playing through 7 instead. Forgotten how spooky and atmospheric this game can be.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

DerMeister

I still have MGSV on my backlog, but after completing Type-0, I freed time for another game. So I'm now playing Transistor, a game I've been meaning to get to for a while. Really liking it too.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KALofKRYPTON

@DerMeister Transistor really is great - another on my 'stopped playing as something else came along' list...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

I'm back on Hitman 2 thanks to the new Elusive Target and the limited-time Snow Festival level. The latter is pretty straightforward, and isn't to the same standard of previous environment remixes, but it serves as a nice little distraction and a way of helping to reach Mastery Level 20 in Hokkaido, one of the most challenging maps from the previous game. I quickly set about the specific tasks (including pelting gardeners with snowballs, because Hitman) and unlocked a snazzy new outfit and an ice pick tool for my efforts.

The new Elusive Target, the game's third, was rather neat. Leaping ahead to the Isle of Sgàil (the most intricate, layered level from Hitman 2) and adding a retrieval objective alongside the assassination itself, I feared an overly-complex contract but, after twenty minutes of observation and a small degree of luck, I walked away with a Silent Assassin rating. Thanks to my previous successes, I also unlocked the Absolution Suit, which is what I'll wear for the rest of time (it's my favourite outfit).

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

Back to Red Dead. I've nearly finished Chapter 5. This game is going to break my heart, I can feel it coming. It's not going to end well at all.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@DerMeister @KALofKRYPTON Loved Transistor which surprised me as I didn't like Bastion. Was a bit confused initially with the combat with all the swapping out of different nodes, but I soon got used to it and found a few favourites which suited my playstyle. Cool soundtrack too, think you can get it on Spotify.

Doctor_BK

About to finish up the Red Dead 2 epilogue and then I’m going back to my Claire B play through.

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd

RR529

Just finished up post game in DQXI (after a bit over 100 hours in play time)! I think I still prefer VIII when it's all said & done, but that's just because I preferred it's cast. XI is an absolutely gorgeous entry in the series though, with some very awesome moments & unexpected twists. The true end credits scene may be one of the best I've seen in gaming.

Now I can give all my attention to Unravel, which is absolutely gorgeous and a nice change of pace (though I only have two levels left, so I'm sure I'll be starting something else soon as well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic