Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 861 to 880 of 6,460

Thrillho

I just started Jurassic World Evolution this evening and it’s good fun so far. It takes a while to get going and earning money but I’m now sat on a silly stash of cash on the first island. It doesn’t explain some things well either so thank god for google.

Being able to drive/fly around the park yourself is cool, as is taking down a dinosaur with a tranquilliser when needs must.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@KratosMD Even though the first one will feel as slow as it always did, you'll still get that warm glow you're talking about. The streets, the people, the terrible voice acting, it's all like you remember. It seemed a little bigger at the time, but then the places from your youth always do.

I had a look in the options menu last night, and while I still can't find a way to skip time in the first game, you can at least fast travel to your destination, rather than having to walk through all the districts each day to get to work, so that's something. You'd miss some optional conversations and objectives though. I think you can turn it on and off at your leisure.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Elodin

I'm not sure I should admit this, but I put GoW on hold after playing a few hours and started Dark Souls 2. I like God War a lot, but buying DS2 on sale I had to try it out and it has me hooked. I don't know what it is, but Fromsoftware games pull me in like no other. I'm also surprised how active it is. Maybe it is due to the recent sale.

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin Yeah I'm always surprised how active the online aspect of From games are years after release. That they still keep finding hidden bosses and stuff for Bloodborne 3 or so years after release amazes me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

@JohnnyShoulder To hold an active player base this long shows how well made Fromsoftware's games are. I'm trying a sorcerer class in DS2. All other souls games I went knight or warrior. This could get interesting.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Th3solution

I’m seeing tetrominoes falling when I close my eyes. I suddenly want to put everything packed tightly together and I hear sound effect and music play when I fit something together.
... Tetris Effect is both entertaining me and driving me bonkers.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution Have you gotten past the roadblock you were previously stuck at?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Yes. I made it past that level and then am now stuck on the first level of the final section. I tried some of the other modes and I think it’s helping to fine tune my skills at placing pieces quickly. I’m getting better. We’ll see. It is definitely challenging, but the game is so beautiful and well presented that it makes even the difficulty tolerable.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution wrote:

I’m seeing tetrominoes falling when I close my eyes. I suddenly want to put everything packed tightly together and I hear sound effect and music play when I fit something together.
... Tetris Effect is both entertaining me and driving me bonkers.

@Th3solution Do you realise what you have explained there is what people consider the Tetris Effect in real life?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@Th3solution Some of the other modes really forced me to play the game differently. Particularly target mode. I didn't start getting decent scores in that until I realized that I'd have to stop forming these perfect sets of lines and really just start slamming down blocks in unconventional ways to quickly eliminate target blocks.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger 🤣. Haha! Hadn’t seen that before.

themcnoisy

@Th3solution @RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder @Ralizah There are other games which do the same thing.

MGS 5 - Fulton

Man I could see stuff to fulton everywhere in the real world. Metal boxes, gaurds at train stations, old grannies etc.

I own Puyo Puyo Tetris so it's not worth picking up Tetris effect as yet. If it drops below £20 I will slot it into my collection like a line piece setting off a tetromino. Then quickly add Puyo Puyo next to it for a back 2 back.

I'm currently playing Soul Calibur 6. It's great, I wish it was a little slower like SC2, it's a tad too fast but great to play. Their are 3 single player modes. Chronicle, Arcade and A big huge world spanning weapons collectaphon - I can't actually remember it's name but it's great, you level up your character and stuff.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@RogerRoger watching that again made my day. Thanks!

Also, for everyone who played The Witness a lot, you'll start seeing its game's puzzles everywhere in the real world. One of the game's best secrets is even references that. Such an amazing game!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Yeah, I remember after playing the Ezio Assassin’s Creed games in pretty close succession I was seeing grab points on walls and planning how I’d climb and scale every building I’d pass.

Ralizah

After playing Super Mario Bros. I had a tendency to smash bricks I saw around town with my head. I'm still living with the irreversible brain damage!

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

After playing the Arkham games, I tend to look up a little more when walking around town, towards the corners and edges of buildings, obviously wondering where the R1 grapnel prompts are.

I'd also blame Sonic for eating tons of glazed ring-shaped doughnuts, but I think that'd just be an excuse.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FrankGarrett

Just finished Shenmue 1 couple of days ago, playing the 2nd game currently.

FrankGarrett

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic