Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 801 to 820 of 6,460

AhmadSumadi

The Witcher 3. For the 3rd time. This time it’s the base edition so I can get another platinum. I’m quite obsessive and can only play one game at a time. Bought RDR2 but it’ll have to wait.

AhmadSumadi

Th3solution

@AhmadSumadi Wow, that says quite a bit about how much you like The Witcher 3 that you would rather play it for a third time than to play something new. I still need to play it. But I am in the middle of Red Dead 2.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ-firl

Loving The Disney Afternoon Collection. It’s a neat package of games, artwork and music, a joy to browse through, due to the colourful and straightforward presentation.

I only played the Rescue Rangers games as a kid, a lot of fun and not too hard. The other games are great as well, the rewind button is a blessing though (did people actually finish TaleSpin without it?).

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

KALofKRYPTON

After having it in shrink wrap for about a year(!) I finally opened Ghost Blade HD!

Excellent Cave style, simple, bullet hell shmup. Really enjoying it!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

NecuVise

I'm playing Yakuza Kiwami and this is my first Yakuza game ever! It's obviously rough around the edges but still enjoyable so I'll get to the end of it but without playing side activities, just not my cup of tea. Maybe I'll even play other Yakuza games, depending on my feelings at the end of this one.

NecuVise

Tasuki

@JJ-firl I finished Tale Spin once as a kid. As much as I tried to repeat that feat I have never been able to. Guess the gaming gods were on my side that day.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

In my quest to fully explore my PS+ backlog, I'm currently playing Transformers: Devastation. It's... surprisingly excellent. The presentation is beautiful (and true to the animated series) and the combat is, as usual for Platinum, incredibly engaging. I actually like this quite a bit more than either of the Bayonetta games I played.

It's a massive pity that this was delisted.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah it is a fine game! Really nice fanservice. Massive shame it didn't get any Decepticon DLC.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@Ralizah @KALofKRYPTON Question, would I enjoy this game even if I don't care about Transformers too much?

I played with the toys as a 5-8 year old, so I don't hate it, but just haven't had any interest in watching the movies/etc.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried I'd say so. If you're a fan of how Platinum make brawlers, that is.

It is very Transformers though. 'Proper', as most people like them G1 styled Transformers with excellent voice work (and cast) and a really hammy script.

I'd recommend giving the 1985 movie a watch before diving in actually. You won't find any of that BayFormer nonsense here!

Ralizah

@Kidfried I'm not a huge Transformers fan or anything, and I'm having a blast. As KALofKRYPTON said, it's a very classic Transformers experience, which means its also very campy and Saturday Morning Cartoon-esque, but if you can deal with that, you'll enjoy it. The environments are samey, but otherwise I'm really liking it!

@KALofKRYPTON That movie was actually my introduction to Weird Al's music.

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah Ha! Dare To Be Stupid! I guess it was mine too, I was very little, at a very local cinema and cried quite a lot when Prime kicked it.

Who are you playing with? i did Nemesis Prime, Sideswipe (my main man!), and partials with Wheeljack and Grimlock.

Grimlock is great once you get the hang of him, but very different from the rest.

Ralizah

@KALofKRYPTON Bumblebee. I don't really have a preference for which one I play as (like I said, I'm not really a fan), but I like his design and it seems to be working out OK. I'll have to go through the game as a few other characters when I get the chance. Does the game ever go back to forcing you to play as other Transformers?

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah Not as I recall - it's been a while. I started trying some of the challenges before whatever else it was came along and i stopped playing it...

RogerRoger

@Kindaichi You're not the first around here to ask this, but it seems everybody forgot about it after the first episode was released. Several of us have been wondering what it's all about and whether it's worth a go, but nobody's been brave enough to pull the trigger first... yet.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kindaichi Probably wise.

If I ever bite, I'll tag you when I write up my thoughts.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Last night I caved and started playing the adorable Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. Since I seem to be getting through games pretty quickly at the moment, I'm temporarily compromising my rule of "one game at a time" and am hoping to be able to complete the first Spyro before picking up Just Cause 4 next week; I'll then have to leave the sequels until next year. That being said, I quite like the balance of a serious, grown-up game and a bright, fun platformer, so it might be Agent 47 taking a break when Rico Rodriguez parachute-grapples in.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@KratosMD Good to see someone else giving MHW a go as it’s a great game. I had loads of fun with it but had never played the series before. It’s a great experience solo and with others (sometimes I weirdly found it easier to beat enemies solo).

I hope you post some thoughts in the game thread!

Thrillho

WanderingBullet

@KratosMD The winter event starts tomorrow and depending on your level you might be able to get some good rewards.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@Kindaichi Sorry, I’m late to the question (I’ve had a crazy few days), but although I have yet to play it, I did buy the entire Season of The Council when it was on the PSN sale last month for like $10. It sits comfortably in my backlog, on the hard drive ready to go. I will definitely post my impressions when I play it. I doubt I’ll get to it by Dec 4th. The fact it is getting a physical release is interesting though. It would suggest there is still interest in the game, and yet there is complete internet silence regarding it. It’s as if no one played it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic