Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 781 to 800 of 6,461

Kidfried

@Jaz007 I think the biggest complaints with RE6 wasn't that it was a bad game, but rather that at times it's more of an action game (in which you kill scary creatures) than an actual horror game.

It was the major reason I didn't enjoy it as much at least. Doesn't make it a bad game, but maybe aimed at a somewhat different crowd?

Also, I take it you're playing with the updates? Because those improved camera and control greatly, and probably some more. So it's in a way better state now than at release.

Also, I think it has an 80 or so at Metacritic, right? That's not bad.

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Kidfried What I don’t understand though, is that it’s more of a horror game than Resi 5. That wasn’t a horror game, but an action game. Horror + punching boulders don’t go very well together. Resi 6 just update the controls from tank controls, a needed changing especially with it’s direction. People act like it made it into an action series when it took it back to horror a bit in reality. 5 did the action thing. I also have only played 5 before this, so that probably helps it feeling like a Resi game to me.
And I’d imagine the PS4 version comes with the updates, so yeah, I am.
And the PS4 reviews crucify the thing.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 Hm, interesting. I've only played 6 for an hour or so, so for me it's really hard to judge the game as a whole anyway, seeing it has these different sections that are completely different from each other.

Anyway, good to hear you're having fun. Playing together makes any game a lot better anyway.

Also, I know the game is very dated graphically speaking, but you should also really play RE4. That was the first game without the tank controls. Still my favorite!

Kidfried

tomassi

@RogerRoger Oh, Nice! I didn't realise SWBF2 had spectator mode as well. I don't think the first one did, from memory? There are slightly more rudimentary versions in Battlefield 4 and Hardline, but the one in Battlefield 1 is amazing. I'm rubbish at online multiplayer shooters to be honest, so I much prefer just messing around with that. Will definitely add SWBF2 to the list when it's cheap as Star Wars is ripe for getting good screenshots!

tomassi

RogerRoger

@tomassi Just to clarify, sorry - there isn't a spectator mode in Battlefront II. I take screenshots from a first-person perspective during the match, after deactivating my HUD.

If you're looking for awesome modes like that, though, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer (available in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) has a feature which records the entire match, and then you can replay it whilst moving the camera around freely, pausing and rewinding and whatnot. It's tons of fun, getting little clips and screenshots of the action up close and personal.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

So, now that I've polished off the Kingdom Hearts PS4 collection, I went back to MGSV. I've completed a couple missions since, and I'm kinda enjoying it. It's one of those games that needs to grow on me, I guess.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

tomassi

@RogerRoger Haha, you really got my hopes up then! Either way though, how do you manage to take screenshots without your gun sticking out in front of you? In the original Battlefront I got rid of the HUD but couldn't find a way of capturing anything without my gun in the frame?

tomassi

RogerRoger

@tomassi Use a weapon with a scoped sight. The reticule overlay is considered part of the HUD, and is absent when you aim down the sights. Means you have to stand back quite a bit, though!

@DerMeister I'm glad MGSV is growing on you! Out of interest, where are you up to?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Wow, didn't know Uncharted had that feature, but that's perfect. Wish every MP game had that.

Kidfried

DerMeister

@RogerRoger I just finished Chapter 16. I'm not that far in, even though I've been playing it on-off for a year now.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

tomassi

@RogerRoger Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with. You think they'd make it a bit easier than that though eh, especially as you can do it in the Battlefield.

tomassi

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I've taken a fair few screencaps with it, and made a silly video to share with my best friend. It's quite fun, but I stopped when I realised I was spending more time with it than the actual game. I plan on going back to Uncharted 4 Multiplayer someday and spending a week or two with it; very playable, very accessible, good balance, etc. and loads of potential for laughs.

@DerMeister Ah, cool. Things may ramp up a little if you keep playing more, might hook you in. Best of luck and hope you continue to enjoy!

@tomassi Something tells me that, without the launch controversy, Battlefront II would look a heck of a lot different today and might've had one or two features like a Spectator Mode. They obviously had to scramble to do damage control, which is a shame, but also right and proper given the pay-to-win nature of the mechanics at the start. But hey, despite all that, it's still a heck of a lot of fun.

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

Started the first Spyro tonight from the Reignited Trilogy. I managed to 100% Artisans as well as Town Square and another level. So far I am enjoying it and can't wait to play more.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

Despite being a little down after seeing the credits of Hitman 2 the other day, I've found returning to the levels and exploring new approaches incredibly rewarding. I also don't mind the previous game's levels being included and all the trophies being back and reset to 0% as it's made me take a second pass at things I'd previously skipped over, and the small quality-of-life improvements to the UI and HUD do actually make a big impact once you start to notice them.

For the first time, I maxed out a level's Mastery (for the new Hawke's Bay prologue) and completed the second Escalation Contract from the IKEA Training Facility, which I really enjoyed. I've also completed Hawke's Bay and Miami on the top difficulty, and can't believe that I've done so much in Miami, yet have only unlocked about 35% of the Challenges.

I think I'll return to Paris this evening and start interspersing the old levels with the new.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I managed to take a break from Red Dead for an hour or so to try Burly Men At Sea. Great little game, this. I'm looking forward to playing through again to see how it pans out next time, but I'm going to space out my playthroughs so it doesn't get repetitive.

Funny writing, charming graphics and the music is superb.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

moetivity28

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 like I'm sure most of the PlayStation community is. Its an awesome game!! I decided to replay the latest God of War, and Evil Within 2. For my fps gamers, I love Rainbow Six Siege. I've been playing that for years. I also play Call of Duty Black Ops 4 now. Still trying to figure out how I feel about that game.

Edited on by Tasuki

moetivity28

Ralizah

Played another mission in Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition. Really not enjoying this game, but at least I'm not too far from the end now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

carlos82

@beemo I know how you feel, if I hadn't have played and loved the original I would have given up on this long ago. So my only motivation at this point is seeing how this story ends and the chance to explore some of those original areas.

It just seems that Rockstar has put gameplay at the very bottom of its list of priorities and many times I've just been flat out bored whilst playing it, as I have another 5 minute horse ride for a quick shootout before another ride back. I'm giving it break for now and have had a lot more fun playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

JohnnyShoulder

@beemo You could always trade it in if you are not enjoying it? You would probably only lose about a tenner on it and you could use it to get a couple of slightly older games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

@beemo It is a shame that you're finding the actual gameplay a chore. I don't think any game is worth slogging through if you're not enjoying it. One thing I will say, though, is that Arthur Morgan is definitely not a blank slate. As much as i love John Marston, I think Arthur is such a better character.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic