Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 581 to 600 of 6,458

Ralizah

@Th3solution I forgot they did Spyro. The first Spyro was one of my favorite games on the PS1, and, while it might have iterated on what Mario 64 already pioneered, it blows that game out of the water in certain ways.

Resistance... those games are shooters, right? Are they military themed? Dark and gritty?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@KratosMD @Ralizah I played some of Resistance 1 and also the PSP game Resistance Retribution. I found the world to be very interesting. Yes, it is a more dark and gritty setting, an alternate history where instead of WWII, the world is at war with invading aliens in the 1940s and 50s. It was kind of difficult, and I’m not a FPS fan anyways, but I know many people really enjoyed the series. It is an FPS with significant focus on narrative and solo campaign. I don’t know too much beyond that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

I'm playing Another World... again! I don't know how many times I've completed this game now, but it still manages to surprise me in how varied it is.

It's kinda of refreshing that the game introduces certain mechanics, but it doesn't let them linger for too long. The game focuses solely on the adventure, which is great.

Controls remain wonky of course.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I've added it to my library. Can remember playing this a couple of times way back on a couple of different systems, most likely megadrive and pc. Loved it then, think I was scared to play it in case my memory of it gets sullied.

Started playing Destiny 2 over the weekend. Had fun with it, the gunplay and controls feels so darn good. It looks outstanding too and the sound design is top as well. The story is only ok, but I do wanna see what happens next.

I'm just conscious that I had similar feelings with the first game. Ending getting quite bored of the repetition involved in the story missions barring the odd level or set piece. I did dabble in some of the end game stuff but because it is heavily geared towards doing all the co-op stuff, I never felt that i was making much progress.

So it will be interesting to see if I get the same vibe from D2. It certainly has scratched a Sci-fi itch I had.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder The remaster looks as pretty as you probably remember the game looking. It's a short game, and it has some really cool effects for the time. Animation is mind-blowing. Controls like crap though.

I've played and finished it quite a few times years ago, so I rushed through the game in about two hours or so.

So, do you play Destiny2 on your own or together others?

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried IIRC from the first game, I played through the story solo. Can't quite remember if there were certain sections when it forced you to match with other players, or they were separate Raid and Strike missions.

You see other players around you either doing their own thing or joining in with you, which I quite like. I've had no one be a nuisance yet and I don't recall any getting any aggro when I played the first game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Anyway, I'm playing Plus game God of War III Remastered right now. I never played it on PS3 before, so it was an all new experience to me. Big takeaways:

• I can't stop thinking about it and wanting to play it.
  • I am more hyped for God of War 2018, because III demonstrates very well what I disliked about God of War series in general: narration and camera. And guess what everyone praises about the new game?
  • This game takes it a bit too far over the top, though, even in comparison to I and II.
  • Last PS3 remaster I played was Darksiders II. The difference in graphics between these two feels like a complete generation, that's how great God of War III looks, even though Darksiders was released two years later.
  • Kratos looks a lot better with a beard, and that's coming from someone who's not a fan of 'em.

I've almost finished it, by the way.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Bonbonetti

Starting with Nascar Heat 3 today. Yet another lengthy racing game to do alongside my Career playthroughs of MotoGP 18, Ride 2, and V-Rally 4 … and then there's Dakar 18 in a month or so. It's only manageable if I stay away from other lengthy games, so no Assassin's Creed or Spider-Man for me. It's just racing games and Indie games from now on, which tend to be short. I'm playing through Unravel 2 on the side.

Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

@KratosMD I'm somewhat at the opposite end of that, when it comes the combat. God of War 2018 has a much more engaging storyline, characters, settings etc., … but I don't like the combat at all, for me the combat was more fun in the older games. That's the only issue I have with the new game, everything else is better. However, the combat is such a big part of the game, so if I don't enjoy the combat I struggle to enjoy the rest of game, to motivate myself into finishing it.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

andreoni79

Playing the old Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and I really like it. The small open world they created feels real, with none of those useless pieces of gameplay one can find in huge open worlds.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

DeixterShawl33

Well I recently brought 2 new games from the Bandai Nanco sale on PSN (Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Sword Art Online Re Hollow Fragment) and I’m playing them both and also The Elder Scrolls Online and Destiny 2.

DeixterShawl33

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 When I first played Tomb Raider 2013 on PS3, I was underwhelmed, but I've been back through the game twice (on PS4, although I don't think it makes too much of a difference) and become increasingly enamoured with it, to the point where I now think it's a pretty incredible experience. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Will you be following it up with Rise and Shadow?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

@RogerRoger I gave TR a chance since it was dirty cheap and I'm glad I did (way better than Uncharted games, imo). Now Rise is on the radar and I'm gonna buy as soon as I find a cheap retail copy.

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 Cool; please share your thoughts as you progress, if possible!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD In all honesty, despite my blatant excitement for Shadow this week, your approach is probably right. It sounds like the DLC will integrate within the main game's map, which will make playing it after everything's been released in six months feel much more complete. If I wasn't such a huge Tomb Raider fan and therefore super-keen to see how the trilogy ends, I'd perhaps be waiting until it was all done and dusted, too.

I'll try and keep my "OMG GOTY" comments to a minimum later in the week, so that you're not tempted into an impulse buy that derails your plans.

Or I won't have to, because it'll be terrible. Who knows?!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I'm finally playing Yakuza 0 which is the first Yakuza game I've played.

The first hour or two were a drag as you walk set routes from one bit of exposition to another. It's been better since then but not grabbed me yet..

Thrillho

AdamantiumClaws

KratosMD wrote:

@RogerRoger @andreoni79 The TR reboots are so much better than Uncharted though and anyone who has played them will definitely say the same. The gameplay is just much more fun and engaging.

I strongly disagree.

Even the rocks do not recall.

andreoni79

@AdamantiumClaws I still have to finish Tomb Raider and I've played only the Uncharted trilogy, but so far I'm really enyoing Lara's adventure, while Nathan's ones strangely bored me: too many predictable cliffhangers and the world you move in feels like a TV set, artificial and empty.

AdamantiumClaws

I played Another World today since it's free on PS Plus. It's a game that has been on my radar for a number of years, but I was never really willing to pay for it. I put less than an hour into the game—I liked the presentation but the gameplay was terrible so I shut it off, it was making me angry.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic