Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 581 to 600 of 601

KratosMD

I've played over 10 hours of MGSV:TPP now and I can't honestly see any issues with it so far. I won't be going through the usual criticisms with the game just yet since I want to save that until I'm done with the game (in case I do encounter issues), but this game has been tons of fun so far. This is basically like BotW but for the MGS series and it's addicting as hell. Games like TPP and BotW are my favourite kinds of games, so I'm looking forward to playing more of TPP.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Kidfried

@KratosMD It's an underrated game. Glad to see you appreciate it.

However, most of the criticism of the game was on the latter part. You'll see when you get there.

Regard my dear
It's all downhill from here

RogerRoger

@KratosMD @Kidfried Yeah, but all of that criticism is null and void because DD.

The single most mortifying moment of my gaming life was when I chucked a grenade into a small room and DD followed it through the door, as though I'd said "fetch". He was promptly caught up in the explosion. When the HUD flashed up with "your bond with DD has lowered" I could've cried. Petted him for AAAGES and let him take down the next dozen or so enemies I encountered.

I've got my fingers tightly crossed that "over ten hours" ensures that none of the above is a spoiler!

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

KratosMD

@RogerRoger Well I haven't gotten THAT far yet (been taking my time with the game) but it is getting obvious that he will be used in missions as Ocelot's been training him to jump onto helicopters and so on.

And yeah, when I discovered DD in the wild and Ocelot told me that I could extract a puppy, I became overjoyed. And he even has one eye like Big Boss! So cool.

But just to be specific in case of future spoilers, I just got done with mission 7 (the one where you destroy a couple of tanks, it's basically after the mission where you got the Honey Bee and was attacked by Skull), so I'm not that far into the game yet. I really love taking my time in games like these so story progression has been slow. It doesn't help either that they keep introducing new things after each story mission. And I've also made sure to listen to all the cassette tapes in order to stay up to date with the story, so that's taken up time as well.

I seriously never thought when playing through this series that I would eventually play an MGS game where you can ride around on a horse in an open world as Big Boss while listening to 'The Final Countdown' and various other 70s/80s music. It's incredible! And it's even better that you actually have to collect the tapes during the missions in order to listen to the music. Makes me want to explore and collect them all!

"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yeah, as soon as I hit "post reply" I thought I should've perhaps not tagged you and covered up the main paragraph, but it was too late. Genuinely sorry about that. I also tend to blast through storylines and then go back to mop up other stuff afterwards, so I'm glad to hear that the slower approach is working for you and that you're having a blast. I'll keep that in mind in future.

The Honey Bee mission was the exact moment I went from "this game is cool" to "this game is absolutely freakin' awesome". I spent so long sneaking into that place perfectly, knocking out and extracting everybody, thinking it'd make my life so much easier on the way out... and then, well... yeah!

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."

KratosMD

@RogerRoger The only thing that was annoying about taking your time in that mission is that the prisoner dies if you take too long, which he did for me so that sucked. But I did manage to extract like 50 people or something along the way and at their hideout, so that was awesome.

Kidfried

The Honey Bee mission 😍

Now I really want to replay all of it again. It's such a perfect game, even when it's not.

Regard my dear

Th3solution

@Kidfried @KratosMD @RogerRoger Oh yes! MGSV TPP is brilliant. I played the game fairly slowly as well. Took a lot of time extracting soldiers and building Mother Base, and building my relationships with buddies. Man, reading this is making me want to play the game again too! And I’m trying not to let loose on any spoilers, but there is just so much exciting goodness yet to come.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

andreoni79

I'm in love with Arkane Studio... I'm playing Prey only now for the first time and even if the things in common with Dishonored are maybe too many I'm loving every pixel of Talos.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

RogerRoger

KratosMD wrote:

The only thing that was annoying about taking your time in that mission is that the prisoner dies if you take too long, which he did for me so that sucked.

Same. I was so impressed by the mission, I replayed it later on and constructed a tactical approach specifically designed to intercept the prisoner as soon as possible, and everything reacted differently to me. Felt like a totally different experience.

The genius of Mr. Kojima is boundless.

JohnnyShoulder

Played the PES 2019 demo and damn it after only one game I might be sold on it. Plays so god darn good! Think they have made dribbling a bit easier, as someone like Mo Salah you can nip and tuck past the opposition like he does in real life.

JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Knowledge is Power. It's actually a very fun quiz game. Questions in categories I'm familiar with can often be too easy, but it doesn't stop the fun.

Just wish you could buy specific question packs.

Regard my dear

Jaz007

I’ve been playing Dragon’s Dogma, and I love it. The sense of adventure it great, and in a way I haven’t felt in ahem before. The combat is pretty awesome. I’m playing as a Strider and now assassin. It’s a pretty cool class. I like the dagger, dodging, and bow combo. I’m also getting more interestin the story, even the dialogue and voice acting is t always great, I love it for some reason. It reminds of old PS2 games in the best way possible. I hope they keep the old English if they make a sequel. It feels like game that according to the laws of the universe, must exist. And because it does, the sun will keep rising. Thank you Capcom, for keeping us from dying.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 It really is a fun game. I hope they make a sequel some day.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Lovespuds

I played and finished a play through of Nioh upon release a year ago and have been thinking about it ever since. I decided to replay it and despite being able to buy the DLC for a tenner, I went ahead and replaced my copy with a Nioh Complete Edition last week.

I am now working my way through with a different build and I simply cannot believe how fantastic the game is in every way. The production values are fabulous, I especially love the music, in particular the track on the map screen and the level design and variety of locations keep me really interested. Also, is there a cooler setting than a feudal Japan full of demons?

For me, it's the gameplay that I find irresistible, the combat is really challenging but supremely rewarding and while the game is tough I think it is still very fair, in the same way the likes of Bloodborne and the souls games are fair.

I would urge any one who fancies a challenge to please play Nioh, it really is a fabulous game.

Lovespuds

Kidfried

@Lovespuds Dang, sounds great. It's still on my wishlist for sure!

Regard my dear

Thrillho

Nioh is great and the stance mechanism is a really neat feature. I just wish they didn't have so many back standard tropes for levels, especially the standard poison sewer level..

Great bosses though and I had so much fun helping other people out beating them.

Thrillho

Hego

Been playing Dead Cells recently and I've found it to be fantastic, its brilliantly addictive and you always feel like your making progress which is my biggest gripe with other roguelikes. The art direction in this game is superb too

Hego

PSN: ShaneHego

Lovespuds

@Hego
Cannot wait to try this, I found out that a physical version is being released next week so decided to wait for that. It looks incredible fun, some brilliant games doing the rounds at the moment for sure.

@Kidfried
Give it a whirl buddy, I am sure you will enjoy it if you like a challenge.

Lovespuds

RogerRoger

Finally got underway with Mafia III and I'm really pleased I did.

Okay, so the subject matter isn't something I usually enjoy, and there was some significant discomfort in being forced to shoot police officers, if only to wound, but at least there's a historical element (however manipulated to suit the story) that I'm really feeling drawn in by, and the characters are well-written and well-animated (you know you've done your job well when you can tell somebody's about to start crying from the facial animation alone) so they're compelling, if not entirely relatable. That could change, if certain aspects are pushed in certain directions, which I expect they will given the fact that the game is called "Mafia" but hey, it was free, so I won't complain (too much).

I also ADORE how the story is being delivered; seriously, if they keep this up, it might be my favourite narrative presentation in all of gaming. When I misread the minimap and accidentally drove into a river during a frantic night-time chase, the fact that I was shown a little clip of one of the documentary's talking heads checking his file and muttering "No... no, that's not what happened... is it?" was just utterly beautiful.

So what if the gameplay feels like it's been lifted from an early PS3 game? When the rest of everything else is so brilliant, it's more than enough to see me through.

Although I've only played about two hours of it thusfar, so we'll see if that balance holds.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic