Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 481 to 500 of 6,458

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Ha ha I was on about the normal old hunter enemies! Only just come across the first boss, does seem to be very aggressive but still beatable.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder There's about three bosses that will take you into madness. The rest is... doable.

Kidfried

Bonbonetti

My father passed away yesterday, and I need something distracting in the hard times to come. I want to focus on the lighter, relaxing, beautiful and nicer side of things when it comes to my choice of games in the forseeable future.

The new No Man's Sky update. I tried it out at launch two days ago. I was initially annoyed that I lost my old save, but don't really mind starting out again. I still got to keep some of the stuff I collected. The updates are quite good, especially that you have more packpack slots. I also really like the 3rd person view. I enjoyed what I played and will continue with it today.

Other than that I will continue with some other relaxing games, like Euro Fishing, which had some new maps I haven't picked up yet.

Bonbonetti

KALofKRYPTON

@Bonbonetti Sorry for your loss.

Perhaps try Flower, and Journey.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Bonbonetti My sincere condolences. I hope games are able to help you, the same way they've helped me through similar difficult times. Good choice on No Man's Sky; go boldly, find some cool stuff and stick an appropriate name on it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

@RogerRoger I remember thinking that Chloe handled better than Nate when played Lost Legacy. There was a several month separation between the two games, so it’s hard to say for sure, but yes, Nate has that heaviness and slower feels to his movement and you’re right, compared to Lara Croft and Aloy, is downright sluggish. But I haven’t gone back to play UC4 (I rarely replay games) so I’m curious what I’d think after playing LL.
Slightly off topic but just a random thought: my favorite character to play as it relates to ease of movement and quick response to the input is probably 2B. So deft and easy to maneuver. Aloy is up there too. Also Ratchet. And I have a feeling Spider-Man is going to join that club as well.

Spider-Man will probably handle like a dream; he's got to, if the hype is anything to go by, plus I gather Sunset Overdrive felt very cool and very fluid to play.

As I said, I wasn't going to play Uncharted: The Lost Legacy but after taking a day's break yesterday, I'm thinking I actually will. I'll still have plenty of time to play something different before September (didn't wanna go from one "room full of old things" adventure straight into another) and I'm curious to see if I have the same problem with Chloe. I won't start it until Monday, but I'll let you know what I find when I do because I have a feeling that you're right.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Bonbonetti So sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there. Another game that comes to mind is Abzu if you prefer a more oceanic theme. It’s very chill like Journey and Flower, with calm orchestral music and moments of introspection with no actual combat.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

Most recently: Mad Max. Picked the game up again this week. I finished the story and am now chipping away at the list of trophies.

I already invested a ton of time in this game already, but going for the platinum is even more of a time sink.

I went about and did the most difficult thing already: the challenges. I still need to clear the last mines and the races before I'm done. And then I'll tell anyone about how this is the Platinum trophy I worked hardest for ever.

After that Yakuza and after that... finally starting a new game!

Kidfried

Bonbonetti

@Th3solution Thank you. I've seen some footage of Abzu, and yeah it looks like something I would enjoy, looks really nice.

Bonbonetti

Thrillho

@Bonbonetti Another vote for Journey here. An incredible experience and one I would advise trying to do in one sitting if possible.

Personally, I picked up Surviving Mars in the PSN summer sale and it is equally frustrating and fun so far. I'm still going with my first colony and have made a few mistakes but have reached a bit of a plateau where I'm not sure what to do next. Maybe need to start up a second, separate colony.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjNq6thW0AAsPvo.jpg (does this forum do image tags?)

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Kyroki TW3 DLC will keep you occupied for quite a while! I also thought Crash 3 was the worst of the bunch but it might be due to playing all three in quite quick succession. GoT is quite a good Telltale game; Wolf Among Us and Borderlands being my favourite of the lot.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki @Thrillho Can't wait for season 2 of The Wolf Among Us! I believe it has been delayed till next year though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I've kind of cooled off the Telltale games after they went all in on them and started churning them out. I even gave up on TWD after the second series.

If and when TWAU (what a terrible acronym) does come out, I'll probably wait for the whole thing again as it was ridiculous the wait between episode one and two for that game last time around. I'm also hoping for a second season of Borderlands too.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Same here tbh. Since the PS4 I've only played em when they are on PS Plus. Think Tales from the Borderlands is my fave TT game, mostly cos I wasn't expecting it to be so good. Life is Strange would be 2nd if made by TT.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kyroki I've got the first 10 volumes of Fables, the comic books it is based on. You should check em out if ya into that sort of thing.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I kind of think of Life is Strange as the next evolution of the Telltale formula. I think Telltale should take some inspiration from how Dontnod changed the story telling formula to be a little more interactive and have decisions actually modify the narrative more significantly.
That said, I have like most of the TT games I’ve played. They are a nice diversion.
Favorite is The Wolf Among Us, second is probably original Walking Dead or Tales of the Bordelands.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah they are a nice change of pace from your typical game. I hope they improve the engine significantly.

@Kyroki I was a bit wary of it at first as it is not the type of thing I usually read. I was surprised on how dark it got in places and wasn't what i was expecting. If you have played the game you kinda know what to expect. Although they are not so noir-ish as the game, it does have a bit of that.

Th3solution

@KratosMD Glad you like it. I agree that LiS improves upon the choose-your-response, story-driven game genre. There is enough variety in the gameplay to keep it fresh. You’ll find out later there are actually a few such decisions that actually impact the story... and the story is quite good. The game suffers a little bit graphically due to its scope and given it’s likely low budget it feels like the game is stretched to its capacity somewhat. But the voice acting makes up for the subpar animation. I really grew attached to Chloe and Max and the other characters. Yeah, the high school teenage angsty narrative is a little difficult to swallow at times, but it stays fairly relatable enough.
I’ll be curious what you think of the conclusion, so post your thoughts. I have purchased Before the Storm and I still need to play it. Hopefully it lives up to the first game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic