Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 441 to 460 of 6,460

Th3solution

I’m splitting time with Yakuza 0 and The Walking Dead The New Frontier. I’m enjoying both, for different reasons, but it was a major buzz kill when TWD crashed on me once and had major graphical glitches for about 15 minutes during episode 3. Very frustrating. I’m loving the new characters though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

I decided to try out Black Ops 3 tonight with some MP. It’s way too fast-paced. The time to kill is rediculous and everyone’s is moving at mach speeds. You can’t have a firefight as much as flinch and who saw who first fights. I might give it another chance later, but my first impressions aren’t very good.
Update: it comes with one freaking zombie map?! What kind of bull is that?

Language -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007 Yep that's my problem with Advance Movement CoD like BO3 and Infinite Warfare. It's not so much as skill but who sees who first and who can jump around like a flea and crack more that wins the fights.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki Are we not allowed to say crap? or was the bull in front of it too much? I'm a little surprised it got edited.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki I thought we were allowed to use those kind of words as long as they were not directed at anyone as an insult?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 Sounds great! I quite liked Black Ops 2.

Hopefully I'm nearly at the point where I'll have my full vision going within the next couple of weeks. I'll give it a try.

How big is the download?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

Nathan says "crap" all the time, and pretty much any news item on Uncharted has the word somewhere in there.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON 71 GB. But you can choose to download either the MP or SO portion first.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder =O By the Power of Grayskull!

Don't have space...

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ApostateMage

PES 2018. I picked it up for a fiver off the store and I'm already engrossed in the 'become a legend' mode.

ApostateMage

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON Hahaha, I love your reaction to how I thought it wasn't good. But yeah, it's a massive game in terms of storage. I was confused as to why I needed so much free at first, but once I looked at it I realized how much it took I saw why. Updates are half as big as the regular games these days.

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 Ha.

It's a big old game! I'm really not sure I have anything even close to that size that I'm willing to delete.

Shupec

Rocket League
I'm fascinated by the Rocket League and it's fun for hours.
This is my latest game.
Once you are satisfied with how long you play in RL, you can always discover other aspects and other possibilities. A lot of players play in RL only for evolution and winning games, but there is a different group of Rocket League players. I myself belong to the group that you see the interest in Rocket League, that's why I buy Crates and Items wholesale at low prices, and if someone wants to buy Rocket League Items, I can sell them
Of course I will not advertise on the forum and I will not give you any leads But I really like Rocket League for Crates and new items are constantly added.
Uncharted 3. I prefer Uncharted 3 on PS3, than Uncharted 4 - because there is no Co-Op mode on PS4 (and I love to play on Borneo map with a friend).
Today will be added Zephyr Crate, the new Crate to Rocket League - we are still curious about the content. Therefore, all Rocket League players who buy items are hoping for new content, Zephyt crate has a chance to be more popular than Impact Crate (dissolver, streamline - very valuable Black Market Decals).
It's best to buy Rocket League items and crates right away and later see the content and items.
The most salty Crates are Champions Crate 4, Triumph crate and Zephyr crate - something fantastic. you do not have to be a tea gourmand to know that it is profitable, that's why I play and buy Rocket League items
https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league

Edited on by Shupec

Shupec

crimsontadpoles

Nier: Automata. I'm still early on with it, but I'm really loving it so far. It could potentially be one of my favourite PS4 games.

Edit: Also play some Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone every now and then. Been working through the songs on hard difficulty. It's a solid rhythm game with lots of great songs, so I'm having lots of fun with it.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Th3solution

Ok, so on a whim, I decided to put in Horizon Zero Dawn again. I played it at launch and put many hours into it - like maybe 30 or so, (I don’t know I’m guessing) but somewhere along the way I got sidetracked and actually never completed it. But what I played of it I enjoyed and felt very satisfied with getting my money’s worth for the good times it did give me. As I think in retrospect, I had played Rise of the Tomb Raider immediately before HZD and although they are games with a different setting, there are more similarities than differences. So I suppose I grew fatigued of a story driven action and exploration game with light rpg elements fueled by bow and arrow combat while chasing markers in a beautiful open world with a strong female protagonist. For whatever reason, I had just put Horizon down, planning to return, but days turned into weeks which turned into months and I never did — a habit I have been guilty of a lot lately.
When I first started it back up today after about a year hiatus, I of course had no idea what I was doing. I spent 30 minutes simply just scrolling through the menus and maps and trying to relearn the lore and mechanics. It all seemed so confusing to me, I had forgotten how complex the supply gathering, crafting, armor, and weapons were. The game is pretty deep. I came close to shutting it down and just relegating the game to my bin of games I’ll never finish or have to start over if ever do want to play them again, but I stuck it out for at least a few moments. Fortunately my last game save was after a major story point so I wasn’t in the middle of any major quests. I retrained myself by randomly pushing buttons just to see what made Aloy jump, crouch, swing the spear, etc. After I felt reasonably comfortable, I ventured toward some icon on the map. I was terrified of my first encounter with a machine, as I was so rusty. And it was rough, but I did get the hang of things pretty quick after that. And what do ya know, after what seemed like a moment, 3 hours had passed and I was addicted to doing, “just one more” quest or task before bed. After taking a long break away from the game I am really appreciating it once again for how great it is. In fact, I wish I could be playing it now, but alas, I must sleep and go to work in the morning.

I wonder if anyone else has experiences like these where you try to return to a game many months or years later and try to pick up in the middle of the game again.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'm afraid I cannot answer your direct question, as nowadays I'd never stop playing a game before seeing the story through to conclusion at the bare minimum (I've only ever abandoned a game three times before, and all of them were because I found it too difficult to get past a certain point, and all of them are handheld games which I doubt I'll ever return to).

As somebody who recently replayed Rise of the Tomb Raider and was thinking of going straight into a replay of Horizon: Zero Dawn, however, I thank you for your post. It confirms that I made the right choice in avoiding Aloy for now; as much as I adored her adventure, I found it long enough first time through, and would've hated to have not enjoyed the experience because of the strikingly-similar gameplay (and then I'd have likely gone straight into Shadow of the Tomb Raider in September and would've had my first impressions unfairly tainted). If I ever clear the forthcoming mountain of new releases, I'll look forward to replaying it properly, after completing a LEGO game or kart racer or something.

Whenever I do replay games and it's been a while, I do exactly what you did yesterday, though. I'm currently replaying Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and, coming straight from Rise, all of the controls aren't where I naturally reached for them (square isn't reload, triangle is, and don't even think of trying to grapple with triangle, because it's L1 and whoops, there goes Nate, plunging to his death). I'd also previously turned off button input prompts and command hints, having played the game a ton at launch and to preserve the cinematic feel, and couldn't remember how to surface underwater in the prologue. Another dead Nate, thirty seconds in.

Pausing something to look at the controller layout diagram is something I always feel a little stupid doing but, trust me, it can save your life (or your progress since the last checkpoint, at least).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I tend to play a game heavily after purchase, fully intending to at least finish the main game and possibly more depending; but I too am easily sidetracked so end up revisiting games.

I revisit a lot anyway, shmups are a favourite genre of mine and even something with a relatively simply set of mechanics usually requires at least some adjustment to get used to again.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I do this all the time, scary to think how many games I've got unfinished which I intend to go back to. They say to never stop playing on a boss fight or a difficult section as you will most likely get frustrated coming back to it weeks/months later. I suppose the only exception for something like Dark Souls when you are not 'locked' into the boss fight and can go to other areas to level or to brush up on your combat skills.

I've tried starting The Witcher 3 DLC a couple of times but just can't get back into the combat. I go straight into a mission and get destroyed. Think I need to load a previous save and lower the difficulty until I get my mojo back.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

So, now that I'm done with the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, I'm returning to Child of Light (which I'm near the end of, anyway). I really like Aurora's adult form.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic