Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 361 to 380 of 800

Ralizah

@RogerRoger The box levels are fun. They're basically speed-running challenges.

But yeah, Origins is a much more focused experience than Legends. The progression of levels also has a logic to it, unlike Legends, which feels like a level pack.

I don't have any issues getting Gold medals (although diamond ones are borderline impossible for me), but the prospect of playing the same challenges every day for months on end doesn't make me leap for joy. At that point, the game is just asking me to grind for no good reason.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Yeah, the 'Eye of the Tiger' level was the second or third musical level. A definite favourite, although it was around that point that I started to find things a little tricky.

Huge congratulations on getting over 90% trophies! I'm on 56% and happy with that.

@Ralizah There was an element of that which I picked up on; after a very brief introduction saying "all the heroes went to sleep, and evil is back, so wake up" it just seemed to abandon any kind of context and just let you run about in levels... which I've got no problem with, but it felt like it at least started life with a little more structure.

When I saw that the trophy award percentage for getting 1,000,000 lums and unlocking the final hero was something like 0.6% I figured that the grind got a lot of people down.

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."
Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate: 42923.4

Ralizah

@RogerRoger It's actually not too hard to get those trophies if you collect all of the creatures, 100% all of the single-player content and play the online challenges for a week or two.

Every day for 3 months, though? That Awesomeness Lvl 11 trophy is an INSANE grind.

I might get back to it sometime. I really want that platinum trophy. I've already invested so much time in this game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah

Since it's only 9Gb then leaving it installed was no problem; it's something that I could see playing little and often, but I'm not with my console every day for a week, let alone three months. Isn't it also on PS Vita? Could you try and go for those challenges that way, leave it somewhere obvious and pick it up for five minutes every day? Just a thought!

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life."

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I wish! Unfortunately, the Vita version has its own trophy list. It's also actually harder, because, in addition to all of the PS4 trophies, it has one requiring you to get a diamond medal in one of the online challenges.

Also can't get remote play to work well in my home, so that's not an option, either.

It's a pity, as those online challenges would be PERFECT to clear through on the Vita while watching TV or something. But if I play it on the Vita, I gotta start allllllllllllll over again.

Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Well, that's just cruel.

You're right; it's very much a "let's play a couple levels whilst dinner heats up" kinda game, which is weird because I also found it easier once I'd played for half an hour and gotten my eye in. I took a few days away from it over the weekend and was suddenly rubbish again when I came back (by which point, I was on the tougher levels, too... nightmare!).

Best of luck if you do make an attempt for the platinum! You're a braver man than I.

KratosMD

Got bored so I started up The Witness as I just wanted a chill game to play. This game is brilliant, the puzzles all look the same but they are all different enough to keep things interesting. I've played it for two hours now and I managed to finish one area and so far it's been so satisfying to play. Love this game!

Edited on by KratosMD

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Th3solution

I decided to play a little game from my backlog today call Inside. You may have heard of it.
About an hour into it and It is brilliant so far. I liked Limbo, but I think this one is even better.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

FullbringIchigo

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, i want to finish it before i restart the series with the PS4 HD remasters of KH1

just the last boss to go

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too they hid it better

KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HADES CUP Cloud and Leon fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWRv7zvSPL0

"Tea Earl Grey HOT!"

That's right, TIDUS IS BACK!

Ralizah

@KratosMD I put 25 - 30 hours into the game last year. It's interesting. Several moments of tedium, but the ingenuity of certain puzzle types made up for it. Learning the logic language of a series of puzzles is sort of like learning a language organically.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Th3solution

So far the puzzles in Inside are just awesome. I’m not necessarily a huge fan of puzzle games that are just just blatant puzzlers, but the simplicity of Inside’s controls (using two buttons only, the game being completely 2D with only going left or right) and how each puzzle is self contained within that small section (ie no hunting around from section to section and backtracking with a key for this or that, etc), and the fact that if you die then you respawn right there without any loss of progress ... it is just a real refreshing and satisfying gameplay. The game looks simple but gorgeous. I’m about halfway through and I’m finding it to be delightful. A nice change from Bloodborne, which has me at a point where I feel the difficulty has spiked again. While playing Inside, each progress through a section leaves me feeling so satisfied and it makes me want to keep going.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KratosMD

@Ralizah I like the fact that there isn't any hand-holding at all in the game, which ties in with that you said about learning the logic language of the puzzles. It just feels incredibly satisfying when you figure something out on your own and then you proceed to solve gradually harder puzzles which require you to be more creative each time.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

keihtg

Re-installed Call of Duty: Black Ops III and man...ruined my weekend! Stayed up late every night playing, and it quickly went from fun to frustrating (getting shot in the back repeatedly, no matter how careful I was navigating the maps or staying with my team). Really made me feel gross and obsessive, moody...like an addict, wanting to play over and over trying to finish in first place and be the best like I used to back in the ol' Advanced Warfare days (before I got rid of my PS4 and all my games since I couldn't stop playing Call of Duty).

Anyway, I hate Call of Duty LOL. I'm swearing it off, again! Same with other competitive shooters. The tryhard gameplay and anger-fueled communities are just not why I should be playing video games.

Edited on by keihtg

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

ApostateMage

ME Andromeda. I can forgive the rough animations, dodgy fetch quests and the far too much auto dialogue from Ryder, the one thing that I really dislike about this game is the writing. It's bloody awful. Why does everybody have to speak with smart arsed quips? It's really really annoying and I'm glad I only paid £6.50 for it.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

I've decided to get the most out of Star Wars: Battlefront II before probably casting it aside for good. I'm currently replaying the campaign. Without the crushing launch period disappointment, there's actually some really fantastic moments in there. I love the exploration of what happened to the Empire after the death of Palpatine, and don't even mind the cameo levels from a narrative perspective (just a gameplay one; Luke's level is genuinely offensive as an interactive experience, but the cutscenes are nice). I'm glad to be giving it another run, and it's not like it'll take me forever to clear.

@ToddlerNaruto Hope you're still enjoying it?

@ApostateMage Sorry to hear that you're struggling to find the good in Andromeda. It is there, but I can understand how most folks find it buried a little too deep. Best of luck (and nicely done on the bargain price, too).

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto The curse of the working gamer. I completely sympathise.

Glad you're still enjoying it, though.

Trev82usa

For some reason Destiny 2, I dunno it's a dirty habbit, just grabbed Detroit become human, still dabbling in a bit of GT sport and slowing working my way through my Dirt 4 plat

Trev82usa

keihtg

Just discovered the “Heroes and Villains” mode of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (have barely touched this game since launch) and I’m IN LOVE! Didn’t realize it was an Overwatch-style hero-shooter mode...it’s dumb fun to just play as Han, Luke, Vader, Rey etc and have super-short ability cooldowns, meaning lots of thermal detenators and spinny lightsaber moves.

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic