Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 361 to 380 of 6,458

bennly

Hey does anyone know how to eliminate all other noises in 1st person shooters except for soldiers their feet and what they're doing when on their feet that lives in Michigan? Or does anyone know someone who lives in Michigan that knows how to do this?

bennly

bennly

@Tasuki you see, I go back and forth between my mom's and my dad's house, and my mom's house has all the systems, games, etc. and I'm at my dad's house right now, so I just searched up options for my 1st person shooter game and there are no options for what I'm looking for. And I'm almost an adult, I'm not like 9 or something. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drag an administrator into this; I posted this comment on two different topics, and one of them didn't show my comment, so I posted it again; That's what happened. Don't worry, there's no machine behind this account.

bennly

bennly

WAIT, you're a moderator, so am I doing something wrong?

bennly

Tasuki

@bennly I don't know are you? I just answered your question that's all. Check the game options if you can adjust the volume on certain aspects.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@ApostateMage I'm really pleased that you've found the good in Andromeda. I completely agree with you; the opening two, maybe three, hours are a little obvious and they're where some of the more meme-ready glitches and oversights can be found, but it's all so much set-up. It's not what the following twenty, thirty, forty-plus hours should be judged by.

Whenever I start any Mass Effect game, I'm just racing to the part where I've gotten my ship, I've gathered my crew and I'm standing at the map, ready to chart a course; that's when the game "starts" for me. It's all about exploring the galaxy and turning your crew into a family, and Andromeda does this just as well as any previous game. Ryder starts out a little rocky, but absolutely grows on you. I feel he (or, in your case, she) has a definite character arc, moreso than Shepard. There are also some beautiful crew moments later on, some unfortunately buried behind a string of fetch quests but worth seeing through to their conclusion.

Hope you continue to enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

bennly

@Tasuki Like I said, I searched up all the options for my game through a video, they clicked on all the options and nothing for what I'm looking for popped up. There were sound options, but nothing like that. So do you live in Michigan and know how to do it or do you know someone who lives in Michigan and knows how? Like, if the game's settings don't allow it, possibly make it possible by modding the audio?

bennly

Tasuki

@bennly Nope I don't and if it can't be done by the in game options, then it can't be done without modding and, due to the rules of this site we don't discussing modding which means you will have to find out on your own I am afraid.

My Backlog

bennly

@Tasuki thank you and, it's not in the rules, btw. just thought i'd let you know.

bennly

Tasuki

@bennly Are you sure? Might want to read the rules again.

Do not discuss current gen emulators/homebrew

With that said I think we are done here. Feel free to search somewhere else for want your asking.

My Backlog

bennly

Oh emulators include modding? ok.

bennly

bennly

Thank you.

bennly

Tasuki

@bennly Emulators, modding, home brewing etc. Anything that's not ok by Sony we can't discuss here now as I said we are done here.

My Backlog

NecuVise

@RogerRoger @ApostateMage OK the two of you have convinced me to play that game I'm a big fan of the series, tried Andromeda and just didn't like that beginning so I gave up on it, but now I'm like super hyped to play it, even though I have so many games to play before it.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise @RogerRoger @ApostateMage
I’ve thought about playing Andromeda. Many times I’ve seen it at a low price and figured that no matter how bad it was, it was probably worth at least a few dollars. But I’ve passed it up every time. At this stage the price continues to drop like a lead balloon, so I keep waiting. Also, my backlog has plenty to keep me busy. But I don’t have a good 3rd person Sci Fi shooter in my backlog, so it could fill a void.

On a separate unrelated note (but related to this thread) I started Firewatch today. So far it’s an enjoyable ride. The voice acting is good and the story has me emotionally invested. Technically, the game doesn’t perform well, however. There is a lot of studdering, clipping issues, and the load times are pretty bad for a game this simple. I can deal with it though for the story and characters. I just hope the game doesn’t crash on me eventually like I’ve heard can happen.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm exactly the same with ME:A! I have a Sci-fi itch that needs to be scratched, but I do have Prey for that. The planet scanning puts me off as it looks just as bad if not worse than the previous two games. I know it is only part of the game but I found it such a chore in previous games and no game should feel like that

Hope you enjoy Firewatch, great little game with some of the best voice acting in a video game. One of the best starts to a game as well.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@NecuVise I can't blame long-term fans of the franchise for reacting so harshly to the opening few hours, especially at launch. I'd only gotten into Mass Effect the year before, so had bypassed things like the ME3 ending controversy and was just ready to settle down with a half-decent space adventure. I think a longer association with the franchise would've given me stronger feelings, although having now played through all four games so much, I'd certainly describe myself as a fan. There is good in there; great, even. Hope you enjoy!

@Th3solution Oh, Firewatch is amazing, focus on that first.

My first playthrough of Firewatch was a technical disaster; thankfully, they've patched out some of the worst parts, but I had a particularly nasty bug whereby some dialogue was muted, giving me half of a conversation. What was happening at the time in the story, and what wasn't muted, made it genuinely creepy. I recently returned to it and had no problems, beyond the long loads and a few frame-rate stutters but, you're right, it does feel on the edge of a crash at certain points; hopefully, you should be okay.

Keep the thought about Andromeda, though. Now that they've tweaked some of the infamous moments and made some minor adjustments, there's a solid adventure to be had there. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

@JohnnyShoulder If it helps, one of the early patches made the flying-through-space animations skippable. There's very little actual planet-scanning that needs to be done; usually you're flying over to investigate a signal and what you find is more varied than before, and it's mostly contained within the minor side quests which really aren't all that essential. There's nothing on the level of ME2's endless "rotate the ball and hit R2 when the meter spikes". There is the ability to drive around on the surface of some planets using a similar mechanic, but I've never once had to use it, ever. If you do need a bit of a certain something, all mineral resources are available to buy in shops for cheap in-game currency, or you can obtain them from breaking down armour and weapon components you don't want (and trust me, there's plenty of them).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ApostateMage

@RogerRoger Cheers man. I'm honestly glad that I stuck with it past the first dozen hours or so. I'm now a whopping 85 hours deep into it with a 49% completion rate, which quite surprised me. Most of those hours have probably been me wandering around the planets doing tasks and fetch quests but I love to explore in games so I honestly don't mind that stuff (to a degree) as much as other people.

It definitely seems like a bargain now for the price I paid.

@NecuVise @Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder My advice would be to snap it up now while it's super cheap on the store so it will be always there in your library. You never know when there'll be a day when you have nothing new to play and in the mood for a strangely animated sci-fi adventure with fun combat.

ApostateMage

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger Yeah, the beginning of Firewatch was definitely not what I was expecting. The emotional hook was very well done to engage in the story. Campo Santo appears to have done very well for a debut title. It makes sense seeing as its cofounder was the lead writer for The Walking Dead. I can’t wait to see what they can do in their Sophomore release, In the Valley of Gods, with Valve’s backing now.
With Firewatch, even though I’m still early in the game, I can’t help but think they left some potential gameplay on the table, the technical glitches notwithstanding. The exploration through the wilderness has a lot of potential, but so far it seems that the world is only there as a place to roam while you converse back and forth with Delilah. Which is fine, since the story is obviously the focus, but there is a large map to explore, and so far, nothing to really do once you open a section unless you’re advancing the story. I realize these are my first impressions so I should definitely withhold judgment.
@ApostateMage I appreciate the advice. I might just do that. I was wondering if Andromeda would be a PS Plus title, but so far it’s looking doubtful. I think it would make a perfect PS Plus title — a game that is certainly not making any money for Bioware anymore, is probably somewhat underrated and forgotten, appeals to a large demographic, and one that most people don’t own (see similar profiles for Deus Ex, Mad Max, Beyond TS, Just Cause 3, Knack etc). But I don’t think any of the previous ME games were ever offered on PS Plus, so I should just cough up the $8 and buy it. I spend more on lunch most days.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ApostateMage

@Th3solution I'm pretty certain both ME2 and ME3 have been PS Plus games on the PS3 in the past. I reckon there's a chance Andromeda would be, too. It's definitely worth £6.50 but if you have a backlog it's also worth waiting. I just hope that if/when you play it you'll be as pleasantly surprised as i was by how enjoyable the game is.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic