Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 281 to 300 of 6,460

shonenjump86

I just bought Yakuza 6. But I’m still pretty busy with Persona 5

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

Gremio108

I got tempted last weekend and bought the Shadow of the Colossus remake, but now I'm kind of wishing I'd saved the money for God Of War...
That said, the SotC remake is a masterpiece. The game is even better than I remember it, it's making my Kratos envy easier to live with.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Bonbonetti

Got Yakuza 6 this week, I'm about 6 hours in. I'm really liking the changes they've made, it feels more modern (in a positive way). To me a Yakuza game is all about stories and characters, and this feels just as good as the previous ones, if not better. It's a nice-looking game on the regular PS4 as well. In short, I'm over the Moon about this game, playing a new Yakuza game is like seeing an old friend.

Bonbonetti

RogerRoger

So last night, I decided to crack on with Batman: The Telltale Series - The Enemy Within, before I forgot everything about the first season and had to play through it a third time.

I was instantly hooked, and rushed straight back to it earlier this morning. I've played the first three episodes now. It's a huge improvement over the first season; most immediately obvious are the performance and graphical tweaks, thanks to it no longer needing to run on the previous generation of consoles. This is a very smooth, very exciting virtual comic book, with some really engaging action sequences and lovely visual moments breaking up the (unfortunately inevitable) long "talking head" sequences.

I really love how the running narrative theme seems to be about a reversal of the norm. Waller almost immediately outs you as Bruce and seems to have more need for him than Batman, contrary to the usual set-up of Batman offering to help the authorities. Harley Quinn is the established villain who catches the eye of a young, impressionable Joker. For much of the second and third episodes, Bruce is running with a criminal gang, seeing everything from the inside-out, rather than playing detective and looking from the outside-in.

Alongside that core theme, the handling of the Joker is just amazing. I really feel like I'm in control of crafting his personality. He may swing wildly between loyalties and actions because of his instability, and the end point is obviously inevitable, but whenever he finally becomes the Clown Prince of Crime I get the impression it'll be for understandable reasons that I had a hand in. That's probably the usual Telltale bluff, the illusion of choice, but it's nowhere near as obvious this time.

The music isn't as good as before, and they seem to have cheaped out on vocal performances, with a couple of distinctive actors playing multiple important characters, which is a little disappointing. Overall, however, I'm really impressed. If the quality holds for the final two episodes, this could be something really special and I'd love to see Telltale deliver a third bat-story down the line.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Aside from Bloodborne, I'm currently playing quite some Mad Max actually. Quite a nice game. Anyone else here played it? And how long until the repetition sets in too much?

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah I've played some of Mad Max. I've enjoyed what I've played of it too. Repetition has not set in but I can see some of the stuff like the liberating the camps could get a bit samey. But for me I always try vary what I'm doing when playing open world games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto Congratulations! Hope you're enjoying The Frozen Wilds as much as the core game; I certainly did. And you'll have a blast with Arkham Knight, I'm sure!

@Kidfried My best friend completed Mad Max in about three weeks and said that, towards the end, she was "just about done" and didn't want to play another open-world sandbox game for quite a while. She was pleasantly surprised overall and enjoyed it, said she gave it a seven, but there were moments where she just wanted it to be over. I think she takes large breaks from the story, though, and focuses on clearing the map all at once.

I finished Batman: The Telltale Series - The Enemy Within and think that it could be my new favourite Joker storyline in anything, ever, beating Arkham Origins (which I never thought would happen). I'd love to replay it and see just how different that final episode can be, but what I experienced was incredible. Had me on the edge of my seat, and some of the choices felt like being punched in the gut, but in the best possible way (that sentence makes sense in my head, I think). It's everything I ever wanted from the series and not only an amazing conclusion, but a fantastic tease for a third season, which I'm now praying becomes a reality, and soon.

Now I'm playing Ratchet & Clank (PS4) and having a totally different kind of blast. I've never played anything from the franchise before, save maybe a demo on an old PlayStation2 Magazine free disc which I can only half-recall, but I'm loving it. Should keep me quiet for a while.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

@RogerRoger I beat Frozen Wilds...it was a fun addition, though it wasn't as story focused as I had hoped for. You do get to learn alot more about what specifically happened to cause the aggressive machines and such though. I won't say more due to spoilers.

As for Batman: Arkham Knight, I'm installing it now, hoping to start playing within the hour.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto Yeah, I agree; the core game was about Aloy's place in the world around her, whereas The Frozen Wilds was more just about the new chunk of world itself. There were some nice hints and extra scraps of information (the bits I think you're referring to) but nothing that a sequel won't be clarifying, reinforcing or tweaking.

Still, can't argue with that electric chaingun staff thingie!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Ratchet and Clank is actually surprisingly good isn’t it? I kinda dragged my feet to play it at a friend’s behest and actually quite enjoyed it. The game doesn’t hang around too long, is fairly well paced, not too difficult but has enough challenge to keep it engaging, has beautiful graphics, and just a fun factor that just comes naturally. And the sheepinator. It has a sheepinator. What more could you want?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I haven't gotten to the sheepinator yet. Don't worry; a loading screen hint revealed its existence last night, so I know it's forthcoming and can only imagine what it'll be like. Besides, I'm far too busy making everybody disco dance before I destroy them. At least they died funky.

But I know exactly what you mean (even the bit about dragging your feet; I did the same, and it was only when it became free with PS Plus that my friend reminded me that I no longer had an excuse... and it's the first ever PS Plus game I've taken advantage of, too). The narration from Captain Qwark is probably my favourite element and sums up a lot of my feelings thusfar. It's not laugh-out-loud funny material, but it's delivered in such a way to make it engaging. I feel the same about most Pixar films; the game sells its charm and wit in an effortless way. It's easy to fall in love with.

I'll be back to it tomorrow and can't wait to carry on.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Wait did you just say “the first ever PS Plus game I’ve taken advantage of”?! I’m surprised that there hasn’t been at least a few Plus games you’ve at least tried. I play a small minority of them but there is 3-4 at least per year that I end up enjoying.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution The handful of PS Plus games that have matched my tastes have all been ones I already purchased at launch (Metal Gear Solid V, Just Cause 3, RiME, etc.) and my OCD means that I'm quite particular about the games I play (can't have something I don't like on my PSN profile).

I also replay things a lot, meaning gaps between releases aren't as sparse and I'm not left giving things a try on the off-chance. I also don't mind tracking down sealed copies of older games online.

Rayman Legends is the second, by the way; I downloaded it earlier on the strength of Ratchet & Clank being so enjoyable, and due to the fact that I'd gone to purchase it several times before (on PS Vita, no less) only for other things to crop up. Just luck of the draw; I'll likely ignore the rest of the year's offerings, and would likely have ignored the whole year if it had gone another couple months and I'd cleared enough of my backlog to consider purchasing both.

@ToddlerNaruto Thanks for the tip. I still have my PS2 and PS3 plugged in, so would likely look for new copies of the physical releases. Wasn't there an HD trilogy on PS3, much like Jak & Daxter?

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

@RogerRoger @Th3solution You're correct, there was a PS3 HD trilogy of the first 3 R&C PS2 games. However there are also R&C PS3 exclusives you should play.

Playing Order:
1.) Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy/Collection (PS3)
2.) Ratchet: Deadlocked HD (PSN Exclusive)
3.) Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
4.) Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (PSN Exclusive)
5.) Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3)
6.) Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)

Spinoffs in Playing Order:
1.) Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP/PS2)
2.) Secret Agent Clank (PSP/PS2)
3.) Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
4.) Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Th3solution

@ToddlerNaruto That’s a good summary. I actually have played some R&C titles last gen. Tools of Destuction and A Crack in Time. Good games. But I liked the PS4 reboot better.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger That’s cool, I can understand that. I don’t try every single Plus offering like I’ve seen some people do, and then they end up with loads and loads of games on their list that were played for like 30 min. Evidently you can delete the title from your profile if you do it before you sync, I think. I don’t know, I’ve not ever tried to, but I have games on there I just have no affinity for and would just as soon they not be on there so I’m slightly compulsive about that too. But the Plus games are a nice opportunity to take a chance on something.
I am looking forward to try Rayman Legends also. I’ve never played any Rayman games.

RogerRoger

@ToddlerNaruto Thanks for the list; I've made a note of the details, in case the mood takes me during a pause in my backlog. I'm definitely interested in seeing more of the franchise, after playing the next few worlds in sequence earlier and, once again, having a really enjoyable blast. I also finally placed Ratchet's voice actor (James Arnold Taylor, a.k.a. Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and that makes me love him even more!

@Th3solution You can delete any game from your trophy list, providing it's at zero percent, but anything you so much as watch the developer logos for is forever on your Games tab on your PSN profile page. You can hide certain games from the public, but not yourself, and so I'm forever cursed by that accidental activation of The Playroom (and boy, was it a cause for celebration when they let me delete its trophy-less trophy list). Every game on my list is a game I've wanted to play and played all the way through to completion at least once. Trophies I have to get to a satisfactory even-numbered percentage if I'm not going for the platinum (sub-divided DLC trophy lists make this a pain).

I hate that I'm trapped by my brain, because I'd love to be able to take more chances on stuff, especially since I'm paying for PS Plus when I barely ever play anything with online multiplayer. I just have it because I feel like I should, although I've pushed myself to enjoy the multiplayer modes from Uncharted 4 and the Star Wars Battlefront games because they fit my skill level (not sure if I need it for Star Trek Online, since it's a free-to-play MMORPG and I've heard most free-to-play games on PS4 don't require Plus... I could be wrong).

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic