Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 6,461

nessisonett

@PSVR_lover I heard it had some technical issues when it released but have they been patched out? I really did like the look of it, I’m a big Sam & Max fan and the weird anthropomorphic animals looked quite interesting in the noir style, not that I’m a furry or anything.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Well I am leaving the story difficulty on normal @nessisonett which is probably my limit but good to know it isn't too difficult!

I think that's more or less the same length as Mortal Kombat X's story @RogerRoger and it's even presented in the same way with the scene viewer like timeline and everything. The interactive elements on stages is also very familiar.

I'm definitely gonna play through the story. I'm one of those weirdos who likes playing through fighting game Story modes & Arcade modes, seeing all the individual character endings

Just played a little more in the single matches to get a feel of a few more characters...I certainly wasn't expecting a Michael Shannon "Man Of Steel" alternate skin for Zod

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

PSVR_lover

@nessisonett Yes, the technical issues have been patched out. I had to download a 13 gb patch. With that, Blacksad runs very well.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

nessisonett

@PSVR_lover Quite a large patch but at least it’s been sorted!

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’m not very much into fighters, but I did enjoy Injustice. Perhaps it’s because I am into superheroes and the characters and setting carried me over. But I think regardless one’s stance on the game, Injustice 2 is miles better. A much bigger roster, more in depth modes and improved graphics. The story is similarly in the “decent” category and relatively forgettable, but does build upon the story from the first game. In my opinion the Legendary Edition was worth the extra couple dollars because the TMNT, Starfire, and Enchantress were great to play. But even the core roster has standouts like Blue Beetle and Swamp Thing that I quite enjoyed messing around with. I saw IJ2: LE on sale this past week for pretty low,; I’m sure you have plenty with the first game for now, but if you find that you enjoy it enough you may want to check it out.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried What are your thoughts on Dark Souls Remastered so far? How far in are you & how are you finding it?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

I'm definitely gonna play through the story. I'm one of those weirdos who likes playing through fighting game Story modes & Arcade modes, seeing all the individual character endings

That's not weird (or we both are) because that's how I play fighting games as well, which is why the two Injustice games are pretty much the only examples of the genre that I own.

I played through its Arcade and saw all the different endings; after that, I left it for a long while!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I'm still going with TLOU1 at the moment and just got into Autumn.

Damn, the final scene with Henry and Sam still gets me..

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Wow, you’re literally right at the same bit as me, I had to put it down last night after that scene 😢

Thrillho

@nessisonett Have you played it before? I had to stop after that bit when I played on the PS3 as well. I pushed on quite a bit today and have just got to the start of Winter.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho It’s my first time playing it, I’ve been putting it off for years. It’s alright, I find myself enjoying it despite the overall plot just not being my thing at all.

carlos82

@Arugula I noticed that, had the engines and other sound effects screaming at me and then come the interviews I couldn't here a word she was saying.

I've just done China in the wet and hadn't paid attention to the weather forecast so set my car up for the dry. Had to tiptoe round the track waiting for a drying line to form before I could really attack, great game

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Thrillho

@nessisonett I forgot how stingy the game was with ammo but I’m also too inpatient for the stealth combat in the game.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho My main complaint is that there’s absolutely no reward for hoarding ammo, you can carry like 20 bullets max even for a pistol. So it basically encourages run and gun gameplay.

stinkyx

Speaking of TLOU1, I'm playing the multiplayer on PS4, since my good friend is BEGGING me to join him. Funny thing is, I got my fill of it back in 2013 (played it for like 40+ hours and enjoyed it more than the SP game, story aside, 10/10) and he couldn't be bothered, and now 7 years later the tables have turned!

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

nessisonett

Onto the university now in TLOU, the chapter with Tommy felt really quite short. Not the most riveting chapter, gameplay wise, but nice to catch up with Tommy regardless. I think I’d probably place Henry and Sam’s chapter way in front as the best so far, followed by Bill’s town. At the bottom is probably Philly before you meet up with those two or the initial chapter with Tess. I assume I don’t have much left but I have heard about Cannibal Holo-Nonce coming up at some point so there’s that, at least.

Black_Swordsman

Currently playing Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. I have joined the Covenant of Champions and acquired the Ring of Binding (albeit with much difficulty) to make the game easier for myself. I love a challenge, but am more than happy to play the game with a minimum of 75% of my maximum HP and respawning enemies to make soul farming a more convenient affair.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

Nessisonett wrote:

I think I’d probably place Henry and Sam’s chapter way in front as the best so far

I... unfortunately didn't get anything from that @nessisonett.

It happened way too fast, the sudden jump cut not helping & truthfully I wasn't that invested in them in the first place. The chapter you meet them in was a bit of a slog in particular to me.

... I kinda forgot their names even by the time the credits rolled... Though I'm generally terrible with names. Not a good trait for a teacher I know. 😅

You're gonna go through the whole game as part of the company of champions @Draco_V_Ecliptic? Good luck!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@nessisonett The university is one of the best looking areas in the game so far and quite good fun to amble around.

Like you say, the chapter with Tommy is over pretty quickly but it’s a good excuse for a bit more shooting.

I don’t feel the game pushes you to run and gun and would say it’s almost the other way around as ammo is so tight. It feels a bit daft to stop you from carrying too much though. It also slightly annoys me that you can make bombs but can’t craft more arrows!

I made a little more progress in the Winter chapter this morning before work.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic