Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 6,460

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m definitely pleased that it’s over to be honest, the DLCs are really quite good but the base game is just so bloated.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

carlos82

Just got the platinum for TLOU2 and now looking at what to do next before Ghost of Tsushima. I'm at Lost Lake on Days Gone, the end of chapter 3 on FFVII and I have Borderlands 3 and Bioshock waiting as well. I'll play some Tetris Effect whilst I think about it

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

nessisonett

I’m downloading TLOU Remastered. I feel now is as good a time as any.

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yep, I played it just before Christmas last year while it was on Now. Got really quite close to the platinum before it went off. It’s hands down one of the best games on PS4, that’s for sure. I’m not even that much a fan of the originals but yeah, the reboot is great.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I just beat it for the second time, going after the valkyries, dragons and Zeus Armor Set in New Game Plus now. Do you think you will ever go back to it?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Kidfried

Currently playing Dark Souls Remastered. It's less linear than Bloodborne, that's for sure. And as a result I'm heading in all directions at once. Feel like I'm really not far in the game still, but I do have a nice weapon (uchigatana) and I'm level 32 already.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I really need to go back to it for the platinum and I’m hoping they’ll give it away with PS Plus near the end of the PS4’s lifespan. It’s a good enough game that I wouldn’t mind having to replay it to get to the endgame.

JohnnyShoulder

PREY. I bought this yonks ago when the moon thingy expansion was released. Its got a Bioshock/Half Life vibe going on, but in space. I like how all the useless loot you pick up actually has a use as you can recycle anything and then craft into useful stuff, like ammo and health packs.

The alien nasties can be quite menacing without being overly scary. Mind you the smaller ones are spider like which is kinda freaking me out a bit. The bigger ones you can hear stomping around in the distance, which is quite effective especially with headphones. It is not too difficult once you understand what approach to take, but the bigger enemies can kill you quite quickly.

The voice cast is quite good, the two notable stars so far are Bendeict Wong and Walter Goggins. Tagging @nessisonett as you've recently watched Justified. The latter i recognised straight away with his accent, and he is basically playing his character from Justified lol. Not sure how big a role he plays as you can choose to kill him off early on. Which I did, but then reloaded a save, and I'm only just past that section.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That’s a game I haven’t got round to yet but own. I’m definitely going near it sooner rather than later if it’s got Walton Goggins, he was brilliant in Justified. No way I’m killing him off given the opportunity!!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I'm enjoying it so far, the only negative so far is it is showing its age slightly graphically. Really like the score too, I walked into one area and it reminded of a John Carpenter film, all synthy and spooky. It is on PS Now too, so could be a good title for Gameclub somewhere down the line.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried I play that game all the time, it's my "jam" I was recently playing as a character based on Guts from Berserk. What sort of stats do you need for your Uchigatana build? what gear are you using?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

carlos82

I've just started the new F1 but over the last couple of days have returned to FFVII remake. I'm about 10 hours in and Square really need to learn the meaning of the word chapter, I think I've done 4 "chapters" just taking down reactor 5.

Its not even close to the quality of the original but its pretty good, the combat is fun if messy, playing as Tifa is the most enjoyable so far. Visually its either great or rubbish depending on what youre looking at, exploration is largely non existent and the game is essentially walk to the blue box. I do like how they've fleshed out some of the characters, with some fun comments from Barrett and Jessie doing anything to touch Clouds Buster Sword. Overall I have enjoyed it, though I do wonder how much of that is just me liking seeing these areas with modern graphics. It just seems like their only solution to extending what it a relatively short part of the original, is to have longer corridors and some quite awful side quests and they still don't know how to implement summons in modern games. I'll keep going as I want to see it through and it may well pick up

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Mostly I'm just a katana person. And since katana scales with dex I put almost all my skill points there.

And the katana is basically my only cool equipment I think. Aside from that it's the thieves outfit, to make me look more like a ninja kinda person. Very lightweight!

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried Did you know you can get an early UGS, the Zweihander from the skeletons-area behind Firelink shrine?

Thrillho

@carlos82 Yeah, I think it’s a common feeling that it’s a good game padded out a bit too much.

I really enjoyed the combat though and it’s the first game I’ve immediately replayed in a long long time. The combat in hard mode feels like that’s how it should be played as it forces you to cycle through characters in battles much more and use your materia much more cleverly.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I've played a bit of Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (That was given away free a few weeks back) whilst awaiting my copy of Trails of Cold Steel (Which has now been dispatched) when not playing Bloodstained for game club.

Haven't found a character I really like quite yet at the moment. Hawk Girl's alright I guess and Zatanna is interesting.

The game plays fairly similarly to MKX regarding button inputs/combos which is good as I'm terrible at stringing together Street Fighter/Tekken-esque combos.

I find a lot of the character designs... Well rather crap honestly (Though admittedly I only really like the Batman franchise regarding DC and even then it's really only the films) but it's a decent fighting game as expected from Netherrealm and without the OTT violence & gore too which some will no doubt consider a boon.

Might try some of the story mode later on, though it apparently revolves around Superman whom I honestly find dreadfully boring as a character.

A caped tin of paint would be more exciting then Supes... Hopefully the other heroes will keep it entertaining

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The story (which is relatively short, about three hours max) is worth a go; very fast-paced and diverse, even if it's as crazy as a bag of cats. It created a spin-off comic series which many find more entertaining than regular DC comics, and it's obviously followed up in the sequel.

I agree that some of the character designs are sub-par, but the alternate skins are good fan service, and can improve many. That being said, I quite like Batman's default armour.

Because I'm stubborn, I just picked my favourite characters (Batman, Nightwing, Cyborg, Deathstroke and the Joker) and practiced in single player until I was good enough with them to risk a bit of online multiplayer with a friend (who only ever played as Green Arrow). The story introduced me to Flash, who I got okay with as well. Learning a small handful of interchangeable combos is definitely my preferred approach to fighting games, so I agree with you there. It's very pick-up-and-play.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The story mode’s not bad at all, and not too difficult. I managed to beat it through PS Now, with the input lag that entails, so you should be able to power your way through it!

PSVR_lover

I am playing Blacksad. It’s quite fun in an LA Noire sort of way.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic