Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 6,458

carlos82

I've just finished Resident Evil 3 and all I can say is what a disappointment it was, I beat it in under 5 hours with plenty of sightseeing early on. The Nemesis is rubbish, there's no way round it. He never stalks you outside of some obvious chase scenes and is basically relegated to some very basic boss fights and QTE's.

There's still fun to be had but it feels like dlc for Resident Evil 2 rather than it's own game, even most of the safe/locker codes are from RE2. Picture RE2 but with just one character, 1 scenario and all of the puzzles removed, oh and no extra game modes and you'll have a rough idea what to expect from this.

Now onto Control which I've largely heard very good things about

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Vahla_Hanesh

I've been in an RPG mood recently so I'm playing FFVII Remake and Dragon Quest XI. I only just got Dragon Quest XI fairly recently when it was on sale, as it wasn't a series I was really into, but it's very enjoyable. It's so chill to play, minus the sometimes irritating music loop, and it's a nice escape from other games.

Most days I will play a few runs of Slay the Spire too. I limit myself now cos that game is a real time sink.

Vahla_Hanesh

themcnoisy

I'm currently playing Efootball Pro evo 2020.

Anyone on the fence don't buy it. No idea how they have ruined the outstanding work done in pro evo 18. Honestly I can't believe how bad it plays online, it's one of the worst games of football I have ever played. I'm a big fan of 18, enjoyed 19 but could see the problems. In 20 crossing is an absolute joke and switching players is the worst implementation yet. Its far tto frustrating to recommend and am gutted they have developed the game in this way. Stay away.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy 18 was pretty good, I don’t understand how they tanked it so hard when it’s barely changed in 10 years. Yuck, Konami really don’t care. Plus that name change, ‘eFootball‘ is the worst fake word since ‘moreish’ 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett on the surface it looks the same, it's animations are still a bit jilted like 18, the presentation is a tiny bit better, loads of options etc. The soundtrack is fantastic tbf. It seems like an upgrade initially.

The gameplay though. Crossing is so hit and miss there doesn't seem to be any skill, your forward will head it over from 2 yards out if you are lucky - won't even select the correct attacker at its worst and a boss cross floats away passed everyone. When you score one its a fluke generally. Forward attacking play wtf is going on there? I was going to write a thesis but I've hit the nail on the head.

The player swapping is the worst ever (this is an ongoing issue with every PES ever invented but its worse here) combined with a more heavily stat based passing system you just miss place stuff and the footballers watch the ball roll passed them a yard away making no effort to retain possession. Konami have also implemented the scripting seen in Fifa to a degree, I'm not going to bang an unprovable* drum but it's definitely there - for no reason what so ever a solid defensive line will part like Moses is on the pitch. So a combination of worse player swapping, heavy stat based passing and nerf scripting make this game a turd.

I'm also saying this on the back of a 3 win run online. 2 of them were not earnt at all, having been played off the park. This was rarely the case with 18.

*The hardest AI difficulties on pro evo prove scripting is possible. It cheats.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JJ-firl

Vampyr. About 7hrs in I find myself mostly agreeing with the review on this website: A lot of great ideas, real consequences for your actions and an unsettling, eerie atmosphere are held back by unforgivable technical hiccups, mediocre writing (although sometimes positively surprised by clever conversations) and a whole bunch of small annoyances (loading screens while running on the street, can't skip dialogue lines - you listen to the NPC or skip the whole talk).

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the game. I love vampire lore and 1918's London is a great decor to explore it. The combat, while basic, has it's own rhythm and the vampire skills are awesome to execute. The NPC's are interconnected and react to events (like the disappearing of an NPC).

What makes this game unique is the fact that you are constantly fighting a battle within yourself. The cultivated, eloquent and respected doctor who risks his live to get medicin to the poor beggars while the beast inside him has a lust for blood that becomes harder and harder to surpress. Until now I managed to avoid killing innocent NPC's but I feel it is becoming inevitable.

That snarky, arrogant surgeon at the hospital looked a little pale last night, didn't he? Murdered you say? Impossible! A vampire? Those are just fairytales...

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

nessisonett

Urgh, finally the misery of Iron Keep is over. I’m ashamed to say I died to the boss once, he bounced me into a lava pit in a way that defied all laws of gravity. At least I can move onto far more fun areas like checks notes Grave of Saints. Brilliant.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett So how could anyone die to that boss did you say?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder On paper, the Old Iron King sounds like a nightmare since he has hard hitting attacks and there’s lava pits nearby. In reality, it’s far enough into the game that I don’t think you get there without being able to beat him on the first couple of tries. He’s painfully slow and goes down in a few hits. Smelter Knight, on the other hand, is a great boss and genuinely challenging but is entirely optional!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Iirc I did die a couple of times to the Old Iron King cos I was intimidated by his size (ooer), but when I realised you could stand somewhere and his fireballs would miss and then just gank him it was easy peasy.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

I started the DOOM 3 remaster earlier today.

Over two hours in, and I still haven't earned any trophies yet, which I weirdly respect; usually there'd be a rush to award me something trivial by now. I was also grateful for it, though, as I entered one area filled with bodies tangled up in cobwebs and thought "Oh, great, another scary game I'm gonna have to abandon... oh well, at least I'll be able to delete it from my trophy list!"

But I paused, turned a light on, and watched a walkthrough on my phone to see how bad it'd be, and I'm glad I did because it wasn't that bad at all, so I carried on. I don't know why, maybe it's because the older games are such a big part of my childhood, but I've never found DOOM monsters scary (despite the best efforts of this particular game's lighting and audio design). They're like animatronics in a funfair's haunted house; once you know their tricks, they're kinda fun to walk up to and poke in the eye.

And unlike the original Resident Evil, I have full camera control in this game, so I can see where things are coming from and blast them to smithereens before they get too close.

So yeah, lock n' load. I'm having fun.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger Doom 3 lost a lot of its atmosphere when they gave you a permanent flashlight, in the original you had to swap between that and your weapon which made it a lot more tense

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

RogerRoger

@carlos82 Yeah, I remembered reading about the original flashlight whilst I was playing yesterday. As a card-carrying coward, I doubt I'd be having half as much fun without this new, shoulder-mounted, rapidly-regenerating replacement. It really takes the edge off some environments (which, again, hurrah for me now, but huge respect for what the developers had managed to craft beforehand).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

carlos82

@RogerRoger you should try Resident Evil 7 in VR, it's about a nice family who welcome you to their house for dinner, the wife teaches you about bee keeping before you solve some puzzles for their son. Nothing scary at all

RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

Currently playing Dark Souls Remastered and Dragon's Dogma, soul farming in the Grave of Artorias in Dark Souls Remastered and just took on a couple of quests in Dragon's Dogma, beat the first level.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

andreoni79

Still playing Persona 5 Royal. 150 hours in and I still have to start the third semester... No chance I'll finish it before my copy of TLOU 2 arrives... 😶

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

I seem to have accidentally found myself in Drangleic Castle early in Dark Souls 2. I totally forgot you could bypass the other lord souls if you’ve acquired enough souls throughout the rest of the game. Dunno how I managed it but it probably has to do with being forced to run through Iron Keep a million times. I’ll probably head off to Freja anyway though, despite Brightstone Cove Tseldora being a nightmare from what I remember.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Commented elsewhere that Drangleic Castle is one of my fave (non dlc) areas in the game, especially the journey leading up to it. I was trying to get my head round you saying it was early in the game for you, as you seem to playing this forever, but your obviously not souly playing this game. I get my coat.

Thrillho

I’m still going with Yakuza 4 and in the Saejima section at the moment.

I’m quite liking the Fighter Maker minigame but it’s longer than it needs to be.

The Hostess Maker game in Akinaya’s section (also seen in Y3) is so bad though and takes forever to complete; it took the best part of a days worth of play to complete it and get the related trophy.

Did you finish the game @nessisonett as I seem to remember you starting it.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic