Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 6,460

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
Good advice, one of those rare games where collectables are actually a joy rather than a chore. Even so, it's worth being somewhat efficient.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman I had no problem with the collectibles as they were quite varied so keep things interesting. I just regret spending a couple of hours getting everything that originally appears on the map to find out there were more things to get later on..

The Screwball side missions were very hit and miss though. Some of the races were pretty hard.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Glad to hear you’re enjoying your early hours of Marvel’s Spider-Man. The combat really opens up as you add gadgets and suit powers. Some encounters can be fairly challenging further in.

The game has a fairly easy platinum also. Only a few trophies require a little extra effort beyond just playing and enjoying the natural flow of the game and exploring to find all the collectibles and side activities. Manhattan is in my opinion just about the perfect sized map. Plenty to see and do, but easy to navigate around.
If you’ve even the slightest interest in the platinum I’d just advise you early on to try and stockpile your challenge tokens and base tokens. Prioritize buying all the suits first and only use them on new gadgets rarely when you really want something. There are enough tokens to get everything but it would require getting the highest rank on the challenges, which is pretty tough on some of them. If you budget your tokens toward the suits (since one of the trophies is buying all the suits but there isn’t one for buying all gadgets or other upgrades) then use the leftovers for the other random things you want, then you can get away with just passing the challenges at the bare minimum. Personally, I’m not a fan of ranked challenges because I’m not always good enough and I hate grinding the same challenge over and over trying to get a gold rating. Of course, if you know you don’t want an otherwise perfectly obtainable platinum, then spend freely. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@Th3solution Good shout on the suit upgrades. I did most of the gadget upgrades as soon as I could and ended up having to do some of those challenges over and over to get the gold for enough tokens. Some of those drone chases I was re-setting as soon as I miss-timed a jump or swing as it had to be perfect for the gold.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Kalvort

Currently playing Nioh 2. It is definitely difficult especially some of the side missions.

Kalvort

nessisonett

I’ve started Hellblade finally. It’s really intriguing, even in the first couple of hours and having a great pair of headphones definitely elevates the tension and claustrophobia. The accents are a bit odd though. Despite being Picts from Orkney, there’s a clearly Northern Irish dude following you about and most of Senua’s voices are generic ‘English with slight accented lilt’.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I hope you enjoy it. Both myself and @RogerRoger (I think) played it last year and wrote our thoughts about it.

I actually played it in one sitting overnight (pre-night shift) which was quite the experience

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Ralizah @Thrillho @BearsEatBeets @JohnnyShoulder @LieutenantFatman @Th3solution Thanks for all the replies and tips about Spider-Man, guys! I played a bit more last night and have started to feel much more comfortable with the combat and traversal. The opening felt real fast-paced, almost like the opening to a sequel rather than a debut, but the way everything is subsequently structured really helps ease you in. I also like how Spidey periodically says that he has downtime between main missions, allowing you to branch off and work on the collectibles, or track down crimes in progress. Got a genuine thrill when chasing down a police pursuit from fifteen storeys up!

@nessisonett @Thrillho Wasn't me who played Hellblade, alas. Reading the reviews of other forum members sparked a big discussion, but it convinced me to stay away (for personal reasons, not because the game sounds bad; quite the opposite, so I hope you enjoy!).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I've finally started The Ringed City DLC for Dark Souls III. I'd been putting it off because it's the final bit of Dark Souls I'll ever play and I don't want it to be over, but the time felt right.

Also, Sniper Elite 4. It's the same old Sniper Elite with the same old problems (that sprinting animation would be shameful even on a PS3), but damn is it fun when you get into the swing of it, particularly in co-op. There's no other sensation in gaming quite like when you successfully pop a Nazi straight in the testes.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Good luck on TRC, as you imagine it is one tough mofo! It's very cool though with some neat lore to dig into. I never did best the last bosses, I've been tempted to go back but I think I'm done with the series!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

Started Resi 3 this morning, didn't have long with it before work but enjoying it so far.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I'm currently balls deep in Nioh and then I've got the remake on Friday! Plus I'm still working so don't have that much extra free time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Okay so maybe it isn't the best time! Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

I'm having the best time with Spidey.

Did the mission this morning where you stealthily team up with a cop to investigate a warehouse, which leads to a brawl and a chase where you must save a tanker from an incoming train and it was everything I look for in my games. Now that I've got the hang of traversal, too, the temptation to tidy up the map between missions has resulted in me activating every Oscorp tower, and picking up a good percentage of certain collectibles. I love the side missions, don't even mind the hacking and science mini-games, they're fun... heck, it'd be quicker to list what I dislike about the game, because it'd be a non-existent list.

If this feeling never fades, then I might be looking at a new all-time favourite.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ooh good luck with the Ringed City @Gremio108... Haven't played either of DS III's DLC's but I have heard that final boss battle music! Talk about intense!

Ooh my even better then Horizon @RogerRoger?

... Plus what will the Dark Knight make of all this?

I didn't mind the minigames at all like yourself and most of the side missions were ok. The forced stealth sections though... No thank you lol

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Aloy and Spidey would have to duke it out, but yeah, maybe!

Batman, bless him, is still fantastic but there's something about Spidey actually having gameplay in daylight which just makes it all seem more fun and upbeat. Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age, but I've been grinning a heck of a lot more than I expected. Could be a particular mood thing; if there's ever a new Arkham-esque adventure for Batman, it'll be interesting to see what impact Spidey's brighter, faster-paced world has on my feelings towards it.

I like stealth, so am okay with a sneaky Spidey, forced or otherwise. I've only encountered the one thusfar (the first section at the art auction) but I enjoyed it. Other places and situations, like Fisk construction sites, I'm approaching with stealth by choice anyway.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age, but I've been grinning a heck of a lot more than I expected

I think I'm getting a bit crustier in my old age lol 😂

Buuuut Spider-Man did make me smile a lot too @RogerRoger, particularly those goofy Spider-Cop mentions every now and again.

Yuri Lowinthal sounds like he's having the time of his life as Peter Parker too (Which makes sense as he's a big spidey fan apparently)

Can't say a whole bunch about the game cus you're only part of the way in Rog (And i've sort've forgotten which bit is where so it's best I stay vague) but I enjoyed quite a few of the characters in this... I quite like Spidey's cop friend of Yuri, she's pretty cool as are a few of the villains!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I love Spider-Cop! Hope there's an outfit for him later!

Yeah, the voice acting is top-notch across the board, but Spidey's the key player and if he wasn't perfect, the rest would fall apart around him. It took me a few minutes to stop hearing Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, but he's 100% Spidey now, and the extra effort of having him record his lines twice (once for motionless, then again for swinging) is all the more immersive.

Can't wait to get back to it later on, and advance the story further. Thanks for staying spoiler-free, even for a somewhat-light and disposable superhero yarn!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic