Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 6,458

JohnnyShoulder

I played a few hours of Twinbreaker: A Sacred Symbols Story. I had my reservations of whether i would like it or not, but it is a great little game. Quite simple in premise, but hugely addictive. I've not completed it yet, but some of the later levels are total nails. I've had my fill for now, but i will pick it up again when I fancy a quick blast of something different.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Alpine021

Not sure if anyone else has posted this but I think while in lockdown it’s the perfect time to buy Red Dead 2 👍

Alpine021

HallowMoonshadow

Been a few days since I posted here.

As I said in my previous post I wasn't quite feeling Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen unfortunately.

So I ended up cycling through a bunch of stuff Saturday morning and eventually I settled on Shining Resonance Refrain which I've been playing every day for a couple of hours since.

The characters are tropey to hell and back again, the story is quite cliché, the combat is pretty decent, it looks quite nice as a upscaled PS3 game (That was definitely not a big budget release in the slightest) re-released on PS4... And I'm quite enjoying it. I even like all the party members so far!

It's quite light hearted, at least it is so far, and it's made me smile a fair bit.

It hasn't done anything I've not seen somewhere else before in gaming and especially so in japan related media... And yet it's well polished in most areas and a solid experience, nothing to really fault it for in fact aside from perhaps that the developers weren't more ambitious to make something more then good (so far at least!)

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

Booted up DOOM 64 earlier, just to get a feel for it. Won't be playing it late before bed, that's for sure! The old DOOM games are supposed to be over-the-top and oddly charming, but this? This is freakin' terrifying! Whoever said Nintendo get all the cute, censored versions of things is dead wrong!

Definitely one for the "got a spare five minutes" pile, and not something I could play for extended periods, as its atmosphere is crushingly oppressive and unsettling. Great port, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Having a really good time with Dead Cells now. It’s reached the point of being unable to put it down. “Just one more run,” or “Let me finish just this one more level,” are things I say inside my head to justify not turning it off.
Still haven’t beat the final boss though. Lost to him once outright, then I had a really good run afterward with my favorite weapons (the electric whip and frost blast, with ice grenade and splicer) and was just making short work of all the enemies in the early levels all the way to the last castle level before the boss and I waltzed over-confidently into a couple of those fast teleporting elite goblins and I died. I even had 2 health potions I didn’t use because I didn’t realize my health got low that fast. Grrr... 😫 Overconfidence will kill you here, just like in a FromSoft game. I was so bummed. Lost over 25 cells too. It hurts, but I’ve got a good run going now again, but it’s late and I need to sleep. 😞

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I got to the final boss so many times before I finally beat him. I only beat him after a big patch reduced the difficult for him on the first run.

My approach was to have both gear slots with projectiles to keep up the attacks. Having a combo of gear that complements each other really helps too (e.g. an ice weapon with some gear that does increased damage when frozen) but so much of that is down to luck.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah took me a few goes for it all to click. Glad it eventually resonated with you. I actually had it on launch but could get into it as I was in the middle of another game, so went back to it several months later. I love the fluidity of the combat, it feels very slick.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

I'm currently playing and enjoying Control. My only problem is some of the boss fights seem brutal. I managed 'The Anchor' after several attempts but have left 'Mold' and let's just say 'The mirror one' after a few unsuccessful goes and will go back to them later. If anyone else has played and defeated them and has any handy tips I'm all ears. My plan is to carry on with the story and see if I can upgrade a bit before retrying.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Crimson_Ridley

Currently playing Final Fantasy VII Remake. I can't believe it's finally here!

Crimson_Ridley

jdv95

resi 3.

it's good fun for sure.

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Have you tried looking in the Control thread? There could be some tips in there, as I'm pretty sure someone else was struggling with up the bosses.

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula Most of the game I've been playing 'Offence is the best form of defense', especially as you only get health pick-ups from defeating things. It's a struggle sometimes avoiding damage and actually managing to do some of your own. But your right mobility is key.
I managed to defeat the mold boss a little while ago, I noticed the explosive spore things on the ceiling and just kept throwing them at it and ducking behind the bits of cover. When it gassed the floor I luckily had it's health low enough to hover and shoot it to death.
I've finished the story now and only have a few trophies to get. It's been a really good game. @JohnnyShoulder I didn't realise there was one, I should have checked. If I struggle with the last few bits I'll look it up thanks.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

Last night I finally got to start Marvel's Spider-Man.

First impressions are very strong indeed. It goes without saying, the game is gorgeous, and has some incredible detail in its animations, as well as out and about in its virtual NYC.

The story does drop you right into Spidey's world, and I did feel at an ever-so-slight disadvantage for not being a prior fanboy, but I'm here to learn. The context gives you enough to get a reasonable handle on who everybody is, mind, so folks like Fisk and the likeable Yuri haven't confused me yet. The latter has got to be an in-joke, by the way, given that Yuri Lowenthal is voicing Spidey; it's gotta be the word / name he's had to say the most thusfar! That made me laugh.

My worst enemy was my own muscle memory from the Arkham games. The combat is so very similar, and yet one or two key buttons have been swapped around (the most jarring example being that Batman's counter is triangle, whereas Spidey's is circle). I'm playing on "Friendly", a.k.a. easy and I still nearly died whilst fighting Fisk, just because I kept slipping back on my bat-training and getting myself all muddled. I'll pick it up eventually, just like I'll pick up web traversal; having never played any other Spidey game before, swinging about a city is equally foreign, so I keep face-planting the odd skyscraper or, worse, embarrassingly landing in the middle of rush hour and causing a scene.

I'll get better, and it's most certainly a game worthy of my patience. As long as my abuse of its Photo Mode doesn't stop me from remembering the tutorial prompts, that is!

My first screencap...

Untitled

...but it sure as heck won't be my last.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Kingpin/Fisk is a pretty tough tutorial fight I have to say @RogerRoger! I died a few times on the normal difficulty 😂

This was my first Spider-Man game too... Pretty sure I played some of a PS1 spidey game (Might've been just a demo though) and I bought my son the PS2 Spiderman 1 tie-in game but never actually played it myself.

I've also never played an arkham game...

Ohhh and I think it goes without saying but that's a pretty awesome screenshot Rog!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh good, then it wasn't just me! Thank you!

Part of me wanted to go back and experience some of the older Spidey games first, but having this one to hand made it too tempting. If you were able to dive right in and enjoy it, then I'm sure I'll get into the swing of things soon enough. Will just have to banish the Bat for a while!

And cheers; I may have let out a teensy "Squee!" when I saw how good the Photo Mode was!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

No problem @RogerRoger! Shamefully I'll admit I never actually touched Spider-Man's photo mode 😅

Buuuut I may've let out a little squee at a cameo further in the game of one of my favourite spidey villains...

I'll look forward to reading future impressions!

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I'm going to guess we'll be seeing a lot of absurdly good looking screepcaps from you.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Enjoy! I think the only well regarded Spidey game prior to this one was Spiderman 2 back on the PS2 which tied in with the film but also had its own story (from what I remember).

My only advice on this game is not to go chasing all the collectibles straight off the bat if you’re a completionist like me; loads of other types pop up as you go through the game so you can “waste” lots of time going to the far corners of the map to get things early on when you’ll end up going (back) there later on.

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I think I died most often in the opening hours of Spider-man until I got a handle on the moves and best strategies to use. Once you get the hang of web-swinging you'll never want to fast travel. Admittedly I've been a Spidey fan since childhood but I thought Insomniac's version of the characters and the story they told were excellent. The only weak points are when you're not Spider-man.

I will expect to see plenty of screenshots coming from you in the coming weeks then. This photo mode is up there with Horizon as one of the best and the details on the suits are stunning.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm sure you get into the swing of things with the web traversal! It took me a few goes. IIRC pressing 'X' to launch yourself comes in handy. Also all the moves are available to see in the menu.

Having played both this and Arkham Knight quite close together, i have to say I prefer the combat in Spider-Man. One it all clicks together and you find a special that you like, it has a real nice flow about it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic