Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 6,460

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Skyrim is an absolute classic. It’s coded horribly, with loads of bugs and the like but it somehow is way more than the sum of its parts. I know it’s the ‘expert’ opinion that Morrowind and Oblivion are better but I just love Skyrim’s world and the multitude of side quests. Still haven’t ever done the main story though, it’s rubbish.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I may start exploring the side quests once i've levelled up a bit then. Oblivion is better eh? I know you can get that on the PS4 too. I hear the side quests can go on ad infinitum in Skyrim, no? Also, have you heard much about the sequel? I don't expect we will see it this side of 2020, unfortunately.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ApostateMage

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition. The year the bombs dropped in Fallout was 2077 so I'm gonna build a cyberpunk settlement.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Just so you know, you can only play Oblivion on PS4 through PS Now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Honestly, Bethesda are like Konami for me at this point, I’m not that fussed about new entries in series because they’ll just mess it up. Skyrim’s still fun even this many years on though, mostly due to the writing and general jankiness. My playthroughs usually go through main story up until you get Fus Ro Dah and then I peace out and spend 400 hours bashing wolves or hunting Daedric artifacts.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I have switched to Dark Souls 2 now, I beat 3 a few months ago and just defeated The Last Giant. I'm stumped as to where to go next though, I hear Majula and then down some stairs to a water-filled area may be the next step.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic You can go a few different ways but I recommend Majula then to Heide, which might be where you’re referring to, I played DS2 once and by this point you all already know my feelings on it 😂

HallowMoonshadow

Ugggggh why do I keep forgetting to save in NieR Automata? ... I saved practically every fifteen minutes or so in Divinity... Fudging two hours gone down the drain now 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You didn’t eat the mackerel did you?

But yeah, really annoying to have to manually save so much in that game.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Don’t worry, I pulled out my OS chip without saving! It’s easy done and a clear oversight on their behalf, the game isn’t particularly brutal in that sense.

HallowMoonshadow

I saved before that one actually @Thrillho seeing as Jacka$$ did say it'd probably kill ya when giving it to you (I did pull the OS chip like @nessisonett did without realising it'd give a joke/bad end though)

But no today I actually got to the end of Route B and went through the Route C(?) stuff, getting to the part where I could play as A2. I activated her overdrive mode... didn't pay attention to the health drain part of that mechanic til too late, got blindsided by a machine and yeah... died. Was booted back to the main menu and didn't save it at all

Not too chuffed at that. 😅

Oh and the Romeo and Juilet stuff was pretty darn funny @Thrillho 😂

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You’re making great progress! I’m excited to hear how you feel about the game as you get further into it. I read your early impressions and didn’t comment much because I was busy and I also trying to keep from spoiling anything for you. But I can guess that you like the game pretty well based on your progress. The game is definitely not without its frustrations though. Having to replay a large section due to lost progress should be old hat for a Souls veteran like you though 😜

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Thanks @Th3solution... Dark Souls auto saves though and I've never lost more then ten-fifteen minutes of progress in Dark Souls if that!

Just when I thought the replaying I'd have to do in this game was over though... and seeing as I get that choice between A2 and 9S I'll have to do it a-bloody-gain it seems anyway! 😝

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Haha! Actually I think you’ve made it through the hardest part, as far as repetitiousness goes. Hang in there!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

SOMA. I'm hoping this game sticks as it has a very creepy atmosphere so far, with very good dialogue and voice acting too. Most things are left up to your own to find out what to do next, mostly through dialogue and the environment. I only stopped playing because it good too sunny outside lol.

I've heard people describe it as an walking simulator but I think that is doing it a disservice. Although there has been no combat so far, it feels much more involved than say Gone Home, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, (which I hated)The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and What Remains of Edith Finch(which I really liked).

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah I thought you posted about it before and was gonna tag you, but couldn't remember if you had or not. That did put me off from trying it that someone described it as a walking simulator, as I've had a mixed history with those type of games. It reminds me more of Alien Isolation and the first part of Resi Evil 7 than those games.

I like how it makes you feel guilty about 'killing' the robots. Even though the couple I've met was only briefly, you do kinda get attached to them.

HallowMoonshadow

DOOM 2016

I didn't expect NieR: Automata to honestly be as long as it was... So I'm now going for a few shorter experiences to cool off for the time being and just stuck on an arcade level halfway through the game (The first hell level in fact)

Good fun! Died a few times getting used to an FPS again as I haven't played one for well over a year now... especially such a hectic one.

... Might actually start a new campaign even...

MightyDemon82

Catherine full body, some of the puzzles are insane but still great fun. Think I'd have a breakdown if there wasn't any checkpoints, On day 7 so must be nearing the end and loving the story!

MightyDemon82

Ralizah

I'm enjoying The Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon: Zero Dawn. Granted, it's not really all that different from what's offered by the main game, but since I enjoyed the main game, it's just more of a good thing. The robot polar bear is cool, I guess. Also, some decent new weapons.

Frenzied robots are less annoying to deal with than corrupted ones, imo.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I'm about to return to Horizon after taking a brief break from it, with only the finale and then The Frozen Wilds left to complete. Glad you're enjoying the DLC, as I remember thinking very highly of it before, but then I'd played it long after the core game and I've seen others say merging it with everything else is "a bit much". Grim determination will see me through, I think, if nothing else!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic