Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 6,460

mookysam

Yikes that evil elf story sounds really quite creepy @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! I do scare quite easily. 😂 Aww Betty is cute. The Pet Pal talent sounds rather random; are many quests tied to certain skills? The eccentric humour of the game definitely sounds appealing, so the game is now on my list.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

mookysam wrote:

Yikes that evil elf story sounds really quite creepy @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy ! I do scare quite easily

There is a few npc's that are legitimately creepy ... But I think otherwise you should be fine as it's mainly the blood effects/violence that cause the 18 age rating.

Plus the bird's eye camera angle means that the game isn't the most graphically intensive either and it'll have some actions the characters are doing through narration that it can't do/render in game thanks to the particular style.

mookysam wrote:

The Pet Pal talent sounds rather random; are many quests tied to certain skills?

Not at all @mookysam! Only the Pet Pal talent to talk to animals is the only perk/talent that can gate off getting quests so far I've found. I think there's been... 5 quests specfically tied to animals and that perk so far.

Sure you might have not enough persuasion to talk yourself out of an encounter or something but otherwise you're fine. Usually most of the animals only add an odd funny line or two but they can give additional information.

There is also a mirror that you get in your home base during the Second Act (or 3rd and 4th chapter) that allows you to respec everything about your character (and your companions) so you can always change the stats, skills and talents of the party if you like

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/user...

I did an impressions piece on the first ten hours there and I do have the first hour of the game on my youtube channel when I was trying the game for the first time.

If there one thing I have to say about Divinity 2 is that It is a LONG game though (Especially if you're trying to do everything like I am) I've now played 76 or so hours of it and still no end in sight 😂

Whilst the 1st Act is a prison/island escape... the 2nd Act really is quite open ended exploration with a fairly large map and quests starting from level 8 to lvl 15.

On classic difficulty I found it can quite easily hand you your arse if you go to a fight a level or two under (or even just positioned badly) and it kinda expects you to do most the content?

Least that what it seems to me... It's not a game that you can particularly rush through from what I've experienced as I've only got to level 15 myself!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

I'm currently a good chunk of time into Yakuza 3 and having fun but you can tell this isn't a Kiwami remake but just an update as there are so many little things that Zero and the Kiwami games had that are missing here.

Without going on too much, it seems mad that they removed the ability to save anywhere after putting it into YK2. Weirdly, the map is no longer.... mapped to the touchpad but accessed through the menu screen and is much less user friendly than before. The combat and upgrade system also feels the worst yet.

But despite that (and many other things I will no doubt mention in a proper review) it is still a Yakuza game and still great fun to play, even if I have spent hours playing daddy daycare as one of the most feared Yakuza of all time

Thrillho

Gremio108

@RogerRoger By god you're right. When you put it like that it's so obvious. I bet those chickens are having a good laugh at my stupidity right now.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@KratosMD Yeah, it was only in YK2 but that it makes it feel more jarring that it’s gone again. Like I say, it’s good fun still but lots of little things make it feel a bit more “fiddly” than before.

Thrillho

AdamantiumClaws

Mad Max, been at it for weeks. Trying to platinum it or at least come as close to as possible. I currently have about 65% of the trophies.

Even the rocks do not recall.

DonJorginho

After completing HZD and loving it I thought to take a break from starting Frozen Wilds and playing my newly purchased Metro Exodus.

My god is it bad.

I adored the first two Metro games for context and this was a game I was extremely looking forward to, and the elements such as the sandbox levels actually were something that intrigued me.

But this game has such bad technical issues and weird functionality choices I just cannot look past, firstly the controls feel so clunky and unresponsive, aiming is quite literally a chore and walking around you move as slow as anything which doesn't add to the immersion but takes away from it.

Enemy AI is quite easily the worst I have ever seen in a big title like this, with enemies from a few metres ahead of you looking right at you not noticing you, then noticing you when you are behind cover 100 metres away instead.

The environments feel lazy and the tension that makes Metro so good is gone here for the most part, it really feels more like Russian COD than Metro.

Then you have the voice acting, my god the English dub is cringe inducing, it is like Tommy Wiseau decided to voice every character, the Russian dub was far better but still not good enough for a game of this standard.

Then you have lighting bugs, texture pop in, frame drops, unresponsive lag, sound cuts and the slowest loading times known to man (And I use an SSD), this all creates an experience I was quick to want to stop.

So now I have deleted Metro Exodus and am selling it this week in my local Cex and am going to get Judgement instead, as someone who has never tried a Yakuza but wants to badly, this game looks like the perfect entry point.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD I am aware it isn't a Yakuza game lol it is a spinoff that has been described as perfect for newcomers to learn about the world of the games before playing the main series.

Judgement is a game I really want to try as it takes parts of the Yakuza games that intrigue me and parts of games like Sleeping Dogs that I adore.

I will probably try Judgement and if I enjoy it, then I will try Yakuza 0.

DonJorginho

HallowMoonshadow

You blitzed through Horizon: Zero Dawn pretty quick @DonJorginho! I thought you only just started it?

As for Metro Exodus...

DonJorginho wrote:

bad technical issues and weird functionality choices I just cannot look past, firstly the controls feel so clunky and unresponsive, aiming is quite literally a chore and...

Probably doesn't help you just came off the silky smooth, highly polished and quite responsive Horizon... One's a triple A Sony Blockbuster and the other is Metro

Though that starting load time is quite long for sure... and the english dub has always been a bit like that though (The eldery mechanic on the train if I'm remembering right is Rost from Horizon. You're welcome) 😅

Can't say I noticed AI problems (I had to restart the church bit numerous times thanks to getting spotted easily) or any pop in or the likes though... I played it closer to launch!

... Only got to the second open area place though... Just put it down and never went back!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

DonJorginho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I did indeed as I loved it so much! Started it on Friday evening around half 5 and was in love with the world, the story and the characters, Aloy is an amazing protagonist and her development really kept me invested aswell as the addictive gameplay.

I had finished the main quest at around 23 hours played on Sunday evening and am raring to go back in to explore every nook and cranny aswell as take on the Frozen Wilds DLC.

And I agree there is a big leap between the two in that regard but I was expecting that but there was just so much that just didn't feel like a Metro game it really threw me off, maybe it was just a dodgy disc I have no clue but I was getting some really weird pop ins and the AI was just so bad for me, and I never even noticed that about Rost being in this, that is why voice actors get the gigs though I guess!

And I wanted to love this game so much so it hurts that I am just not loving it, I still have Nier Automata to play though too aswell as Arkham Knight, Dragon Age Inquisition and Frozen Wilds!

DonJorginho

HallowMoonshadow

DonJorginho wrote:

I had finished the main quest at around 23 hours played

I think I spent ten hours just in the Nora tribe boundaries hunting Watchers & Scrappers @DonJorginho amidst the side quests there 😅

And yeah Aloy's a neat protagonist. Ashley Burch's performance as Aloy really helped bring the character to life. The performance really is a stark contrast to her Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2... only makes her that more talented though!

As for Metro... It definitely is a bit ropey.

I was ill at the time when I played it so maybe I didn't notice those issues as much as I would've and I'm not the biggest FPS player so I didn't really note any problems for the handling either... But I was ill so it's possible it was just me! (Though maybe the newest update to support the DLC brought up some problems?)

The load times are ridiculous though that's for sure!

Shame you didn't enjoy it... I've only played the second myself and thought it was a decent enough time (Been ages too). Plus like I said I dropped Exodus as well so don't feel too bad

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

DonJorginho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I plan on taking on loads of side quests and getting Aloy to Level 60 aswell as wanting to do a NG+ save.

I don't know what game to tackle after however as I still want to purchase Control, Judgement and TOW. And this is before the games start coming in this year!

DonJorginho

Th3solution

@DonJorginho @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, that’s true — I’ve noticed that the game I played immediately before something will often affect my enjoyment of the follow up game. Nevertheless, I think you’re not alone in having technical issues with Metro Exodus. The game seems to have disappointed critically and commercially.
If you long for silky smooth combat, you’re in for a treat with Nier Automata. 2B is up there with Spider-Man and Aloy as the characters who feel the best to play as this gen, as far just easy to pick up and play and fun to control. Her movement and input response is great, just like Aloy. Of course the game plays very differently and is even more kinetic than HZD and less tactical, but the narrative is oh, so, so good.
I’ve no experience with Judgement, but I did play Yakuza 0 (although I never finished it) and it is quite fun and engaging. If the combat, movement, and technical performance is like Y0 then you should enjoy it fine. And I believe that although Judgment is unique in the series because it has English dub dialogue, which the others don’t, I hear it’s well done. I don’t know though — although I typically prefer English dubbed VA over reading the dialogue, there’s something effective about how the Japanese inflections really get across some of the humor. I chuckle everytime Kiryu exclaims, “Nani?!” with that bewildered look on his face. 😂 Pure gold.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

DonJorginho

@Th3solution I think Nier will be my next pick for sure as I liked the look of it already but the video that Skill Up posted made me want the game even more.

And I have been told by @KratosMD that Yakuza 0 is a better start point so maybe I will try that first who knows?

And Nani is iconic, the purest of all gold.

DonJorginho

Th3solution

@DonJorginho The nice thing about Judgment is that it is apparently self contained, being an off-shoot, so if the game doesn’t grab you then it’s just one game. The Yakuza series is enormous, and although each game’s story is apparently self contained, the overall thread of the main characters is consistent so I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all, and that may be part of what burned me out on the game. But if you want a series that you can easily sink 500+ hours into, then Yakuza is the way to go. 😄
Maybe someone who knows the series well can speak to how much Judgement relies on prior knowledge of Yakuza.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution They did do voiceovers for the original Yakuza game with Michael Madsen and Mark Hamill (the latter as Majima!)

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Interesting that they didn’t do English voiceover for the remakes. With Madsen and Hamill, I imagine the original game’s voice acting was great. Was it a money saving move or just the fact that there wasn’t demand for it in the game when it was considered such a obscure niche series early on?

Thrillho

@Th3solution I don’t know to be honest. I only started playing the games a year or so ago but read it somewhere. I can only assume they did it to try and make the games more accessible to the western market.

Having played the games as they are, I can’t imagine playing it like this..

Thrillho

nessisonett

@DonJorginho I’m playing Judgment just now and it’s not really grabbed me the way Yakuza did. I’d say play Yakuza 0 first as Kamurocho itself is almost a living, breathing character and seeing the progression the city makes across those 30 years is really something.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

andreoni79

I'm knee-deep into Kingdome Come Deliverance. I started it after beating Death Stranding about one month ago and I'm still enjoying the challenge. The pop-in and loading time for textures may be terrible sometimes; without its technical problems it would have been a 10/10 to me.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic