Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 161 to 180 of 6,460

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger that would've made a great video!!

Are you now destined to spend the rest of your time with the game trying to recreate that race...?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Well, I could cheat and use SHAREfactory to overlay the music onto a random race... but seriously, I'll just keep listening to the classical music radio station as I play, in the hopes that something similar happens again (although I doubt it will, the timings were so gosh-darn good... even managed to pull a wheelie at one point, and I was ahead, I shouldn't have been taking risks).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BAMozzy

Still never felt the need to share my or watch others 'game clips'. Its the gaming equivalent (as far as I am concerned) with the Facebook 'At starbucks having a coffee' - either bragging about the fact they are in Starbucks and/or doing something anyone can do if they wanted - most clips are still 'you had to be there' to fully appreciate. I never use 'Photo' modes either - unless I have to for an Achievement/Trophy (yes I am looking at you AC: Origins!!!) and it bugged me that 'others' photo's appeared on MY map!! How can MY Bayek have been doing what those 'photos' shown when I never did them?

Maybe its my age as it seems more like a youth thing...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

@BAMozzy I know what you mean, and mostly agree.

The vast majority of stuff I capture is basically for me to enjoy later on down the line, as a reminder of an experience or a highlight reel of best moments that turn a 20+ hour replay into a 20 minute cup of tea. I mute a lot of them and set them to music from the soundtrack, making my own personal trailers, almost. None of my video clips captured on PS4 are public; I keep them private and only send the links to close gamer friends who might be interested (of which I have, er... one).

As for screencaps, I've disabled my PS4 automatically taking them for trophies, because it got annoying and filled up my HDD with clutter. Again, my screencaps are for me, either to use as desktop wallpaper or just to browse whilst listening to music when I'm in certain moods. It's therefore got to be something I'm a wider fan of; there are a couple of games, like WipEout: The Omega Collection, which have Photo Modes that I barely touch, because WipEout is cool and all, but not "must capture this ship from all angles" cool.

Where appropriate, I might post whatever I capture on a relevant PS4 Community (or indeed, here in the thread somebody else started recently) but that's only really because I've either been encouraged to, or I know that certain people might enjoy them. I'm also trying to be a bit more "out there" (hence joining Push Square in the first place) for personal reasons.

Assassin's Creed: Origins putting other people's screencaps in your game? No. That's too forced. I don't like the sound of that in the slightest. Put them on a separate tab or have an option to disable social integration, but not right there on the gosh-darn map.

I'm not on any kind of social media, unless you count PSN and here. I can't really watch streamers or other strangers just play things, but I do appreciate a five-minute glitch compilation or brief spectacular moment every now and again. It may indeed be an age thing, as you say; over the years I've ranted at every new development in gaming, including online multiplayer and trophies. Some stick (I'm still not big on online multiplayer) and some become the norm (I have 26 platinum trophies and I'm proud of each one).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@BAMozzy I've always appreciated the ability to screenshot/take video in a game.
It has for one thing, done wonders for the buying public and been generally a positive thing for games journalism; now - no matter how many 'favours' a publisher might throw at a reviewer for a glowing review/preview, some direct footage is never far behind.
Eliminating the need for specific video capture hardware and authoring skills is a very good thing.

I don't post loads - but the option is nice.

I threw up YouTube videos of my custom Resogun ships and bits and bobs of gameplay I thought was cool of a few things (most viewed I think is the Wonder Woman theme in Lego Batman 3, go figure).

I got to save and edit one of the best Street Fighter moments I'd had in ages and stick it on my phone to show anyone and everyone I possibly could.

I think it's a good thing. At its best it helps people connect and feel like a community - and take a bit of pride in their chosen hobby too... and show off, and gloat - because that's good too sometimes.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BAMozzy

@RogerRoger AC: Origins isn't 'forced' - it just requires you to take 5 photos - each in a different region. The map isn't littered' with these either and you can turn them off but the fact that there is an achievement for taking a photo and they can appear on the Map is not great in my opinion...

@KALofKRYPTON I never said it was a 'bad' thing in general - its better to have and not want than want and not have! As far as 'professional' reviewer or Site manager - surely they would have something better than any in-built capture option. You don't want a 'Photo' mode with all those artistic filters, zooms etc specifically for a review as those are 'misleading' to the way the game is when played.

As I said, maybe its my age but I wouldn't share things like this, or any other hobby online at all. If I played a sport and had some method of posting the 'best' or even 'funny' moments during a match for example, I still wouldn't do. If I collected something, like stamps or other 'collectible' hobby, I wouldn't take photo's and post them on facebook. I would never show off photo's/slides of my holiday snaps...

If it came down to having more content or a photo mode, I wouldn't miss the Photo mode at all. If GTSport had put more time in making an offline career mode instead of making a photo-mode with backdrops, it would have been better - more cars too...

As far as I am concerned, the screenshot is 'dead' nowadays. The only reason they were so important in the past was to go on video game boxes and in the magazines because they can't show 'video's'. I never watch gamers just playing and the only video's are watch are pre-release or post-release information video's. Whether that's official/leaked game-play, helpful hints, tips or collectible location videos (no need to buy the Prima books anymore!). I can think of nothing more boring than watch someone else play a game I can play and certainly wouldn't want story spoiled.

I don't have issue with others that want to watch, record, capture and/or share and like I said, its better to have the feature and not need it than need the feature and not have it BUT I don't need it myself and have NO interest in capturing or sharing clips/photo's. I turned off automatic screen captures for trophies, deleted every Photo/capture and never waste time with the photo modes that could be spent actually playing the game instead!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gremio108

@BAMozzy I have a hilarious/harrowing clip of driving along in first-person mode on GTA V, in which Lamar rings and Franklin answers, only to then hit another car and fly through the windscreen.

Being the responsible parent that I am, I will be showing it to my children to make them aware of the dangers of using a mobile phone while driving.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@BAMozzy Ah... thanks for the clarification on Assassin's Creed. I'd hate to criticise something on the basis of an assumption or misinterpreted statement, and it sounds like I got the wrong end of the stick there.

All I'll add to the ongoing discussion (because I can totally appreciate where you're coming from and agree with a large part of what you've said) is that I didn't start taking screencaps on PS4 until something with a Photo Mode came out... I think it was Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. When a game allows you to move the camera, adjust the characters, tweak the lighting, etc. then there's artistic merit in that. I'll never just take a screencap of a random game screen or thing I found; it has to be something I've at least had a hand in creating, otherwise yeah, it kinda defeats the point. It's why a Photo Mode can actually be an important factor in making a sale, at least for me, because it almost adds another layer of gameplay to a game. I've probably spent just as much time in the Photo Modes of things like Batman: Arkham Knight and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End than I have actually "traditionally" playing the game.

In fact, the only time I'll defend a generic "look at this thing" screencap is in an online walkthrough, where they're showing others where to go. That's a good thing. I love strategy guides but they're expensive for many, and are sometimes rushed to launch and therefore contain errors, and you can't change the printed word. The introduction of the Share button has revolutionised fan-written guides, allowing them to be much more accessible to those who might be stuck.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I've just finished Edith Finch and plan on replaying it a few times. I bought this game some time ago and already played through the first story, but kind of... forgot about it, I guess.

Having just finished it, it is quite the special experience. I'm kind of lost for words on how to describe it. It's one of the best examples of games as art in my opinion, very memorable!

Kidfried

Splat

I just started Far Cry 5. I'm only an hour or so in but the opening 15-20 min was very good IMO.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Not really playing a whole lot on PS4 right now, just the occasional CoD: WWII game with some friends from work. Mostly been on the Switch with Skyrim.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Shigurui

Ni No Kuni 2 mainly but finding time for a Warframe session here and there.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Gamer83

Picked up MLB The Show 18 and Burnout Paradise. These will be taking up most of my PS4 game time until Yakuza 6 and God of War.

Gamer83

ApostateMage

I bought Pillars of Eternity in the Easter PSN sale. I'm loving it's old school feel and moral choice features. The combat is very similar to DA Origins, which was brill.

Edited on by ApostateMage

ApostateMage

WanderingBullet

Monster Hunter: World and also Street Fighter V once a week for the collaboration costumes.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

Still working on Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition and really enjoying it.

I spent two hours yesterday just doing side quest stuff. It's rare that I do that in open world games; I usually focus on the story and then do as much of the side stuff as I can stomach afterwards, but in this they're all really varied and fun. I raced, I spied on drug deals, I took out a hostage-taker and I did some favours for people.

Nevertheless, I'm considering taking a break from it so that I can play Batman: The Telltale Series and the now-complete follow-up.

Making It So Since 1987

NecuVise

@RogerRoger I hadn't played any telltale game since a wolf among us before I tried batman when I got it as a part of psplus games and I enjoyed it a lot. Since then I played tales from the borderlands which I also enjoyed.

NecuVise

DerMeister

@RogerRoger Sleeping Dogs was an underrated treat from last gen. Glad you're enjoying it!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

I still hear about Sleeping Dogs so often. I bought it back in 2014, when everyone was like "PlayStation? More like WaitStation". But I just could never see the appeal of the game.

@DerMeister @RogerRoger Can you lot explain what's so great about it?

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@NecuVise Tales from the Borderlands is the only other Telltale game I've played, too, on the recommendation of a friend (who gifted me credit for the first episode). I knew nothing about the franchise but had a blast, and it prepared me for what to expect from Batman. The first five episodes will be a replay for me, ahead of the second season, which'll be all-new. I'm so excited!

@DerMeister Yeah, despite looking last-gen in parts, it's so easy to just get wrapped up in the atmosphere and objectives. I think it's great. This time (I played it before, at launch) I'm gonna stick with it and try and do everything, rather than just see the story end and call it a day.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic