Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 6,458

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula You won't be getting the DLC that has been announced recently then?

I can see where you are coming from as I was thinking earlier that most quests and enemies feel a bit samey.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Arugula My best friend's been really enjoying it, and describing little bits of it to me, but then there have also been days where I've asked her whether she's done anything else cool in the game and she's replied with "Eh, didn't play any today." Sorry to hear you wanted to love it and didn't, but I don't think you're alone in some of your opinions about it. Will be interesting to see where it lands in people's GOTY rankings.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

I haven’t had much time for gaming this past month, but I played a little more The Last Guardian tonight and the game is both beautiful and frustrating.
I knew going in that dealing with Trico could get frustrating because of his independent AI so I was ready for that, but sometimes he (or she?) won’t even do what he needs to do to trigger the required action to progress. I’ll know he needs to do something like stand somewhere for me to climb up and it’s like pulling teeth to get him positioned. I’ll throw a barrel at him to eat and he just stares at it for 5 minutes until I pick it up again and place it somewhere else. I got to an area with the big cage and waited for him to jump down for like 10 minutes - running around trying to stand in the spot to trigger the event, shining my shield everywhere, jumping, calling to him, everything... and he just stood there staring down at me. I finally just shut the game off. I had to restart twice for game freezes for other things too; like once I died falling off a ledge and the game would not reload. I was stuck on a black loading screen for 5 minutes until I did a force quit from the PS4. I finally decided to reload my previous game save from the cloud, worried that I had a corrupted save. It’s really taking the shine off of this otherwise magical gaming experience.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Trico does get more obedient after a certain point in the game. If Trico followed the same rules as any other video game character, the stuff that happens later would lose their impact. There is a reason for it all and I think some people mistook it for bad game design. I've always said you will appreciate the little things in the game more if you have or ever had pets in your life.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder That’s encouraging, but it seems like there is almost programming and design flaws there too. I understand the intentional randomness of the Trico character, but when the game comes to a screeching halt because the AI is broken at that point, well that’s a problem. Like I said, two force quits in an hour of playtime is too much. I don’t mind the independence of the animal — Agro was the same in Shadow of the Colossus, and Yorda in Ico, but I need the game to function as it’s intended to and not get stuck in a game-design hole every ten minutes. Hopefully it was just a series of bad luck moments. I reserve the right to still love the game if it functions better going forward. 😛

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

Hey everyone. If you haven't had a look yet, please go and vote in the Push Square community run screenshot of the year competition, there are a few hours left for the public vote and you can find all of the pictures and information in the forum post 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Thrillho

@Th3solution I think I only had one point where I just couldn't get Trico to do anything near what I wanted. I found it did feel like trying to get a wild animal to do what you want and it does feel like he becomes more responsive, or you learn how to better "control" him/her, through the game.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Hopefully it was just a series of unfortunate glitches that culminated with Trico freezing in place refusing to jump and trigger what looks like was going to be a cutscene that wouldn’t load because he wouldn’t move to where he was supposed to go. There was a gate on one side and an unclimbable wall on the other, so I was at the mercy of Trico to make the story progress. If this is a fourth wall breaking type of lesson the game is teaching me, that the entire function of the game ability to work is to be dependent on the randomized whims of an animal AI, then I guess I don’t have room to complain, but I have a feeling it’s programming error and not the developers intent.
And I’ve had weird programming loops that hinder game progress in other games, it’s certainly not unheard of, but no matter when it happens, it’s annoying. Trico just happens to be the easy thing to blame for this particular glitch because he is already unruly. But I’m definitely going to be giving it another go eventually so I can hopefully progress to the point that it all makes more sense.

Black_Swordsman

Death Stranding. Like it so far, relaxed pace.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Trico was designed to be disobedient but not random at the start. It is going be a bit frustrating by design. You have to earn Trico's trust and create a bond with it. But what you've explained doesn't sound like anything I experienced in the game, and does seem like a glitch or something. You've mentioned this in a few games that you had pretty unique glitches/bugs, so it could be something to do with your ps4? I think you've said yours is a launch ps4, so maybe try giving it a clean or rebuild the database. I know you probably do that anyway, but maybe it due for another session of tlc.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Ugh... you’re probably right. I didn’t think about that. I haven’t done a database rebuild in a while, maybe 3 months or more. I hate doing it because it screws up my folders and I have to reorganize my XMB again every time.

KALofKRYPTON

Today I've been playing Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor: Martyr that I was gifted for sectret santa.
I've had my eye on it for a while as I've been wanting a Diablo like experience again.

Very glad I have it. As with most of the 40k games, it's not the most polished thing you will ever play. That said, a Diablo like game dripping in 40k lore is right up my street! 😁

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

carlos82

Finished with Death Stranding so now I'm jumping between Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I picked up the latter in the sale and I seem to have purchased its season pass at some point, I did play it in the early PS4 days but I don't think I got very far. I just remember liking the ship battles so thought I'd give it another go.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a gorgeous game, I just need to keep switching my PRO into 1080p mode for a nice little performance boost. I've got up to Tangled and have little idea what is going on bit it's a lot of fun and my 3 year old loves it.

Finally Resi 2 is just bloody brilliant and I bear it at launch on the other console but I'm now playing it where it belongs and I intend to try to get all of the unlockables.

This lot should keep me going until after Christmas

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Kidfried

I am playing Forgotton Anne a bit, and alternating it with Assassin's Creed Origins. Seems like I'm not making a lot of progress in either. This end of year stuff takes all of my gaming time away.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Jumped back on Assassin's Creed Origins after over a year of not playing it lol. It always amazes me how quickly I can pick the controls again after such a length of time. I have no idea what is going on in the story though! I have a vague recollection of parts. Graphically I don't think it has aged terribly well with the character models look a bit plastic. I've noticed that with a couple Ubisoft games, with both Ghost Recon games. I like the combat, it feels more natural than previous games and the enemies act in a more human way too.

Gamer83

Received Death Stranding as a gift from my sister and brother in law so I'll be playing that for the next few days.

Gamer83

MightyDemon82

After watching a mate play it briefly on his saturn back in 96. I've finally started Resident Evil, been on it a few nights now and just got the mansion key from behind the grandfather clock, no idea where it will go though as all doors I have yet to open require the shield key. Great game though!

MightyDemon82

Black_Swordsman

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. I completed DkS3 recently and wanted to go back. Opinions are polarised ,though, some people say it's the best, others the worst. However, one thing everyone seems to agree about, is that the game is ripe for exploration, something that appeals to me.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic A lot of the performance issues have been fixed with the remaster, but for me it has some of the lamest bosses in the series. The DLC areas are very good though.

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Would you agree that there is a lot more scope for exploration than in Dark Souls 3, though?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic