Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 6,460

HallowMoonshadow

It would @JohnnyShoulder yeah but considering all the silly stories I've heard with Amazon lately with packs of batteries and washing powder being sent out instead of Switches or stuff I'm ok, just kinda forgot how long the regular post was this time of year 😂

Glad you're enjoying The Outer Worlds too

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh really, I not seen any of that. Everything I've ordered from Amazon has been ok, but it's mostly been smaller stuff like PS4 games. The order which took 5 days was from Shopto, which was delivered with Royal Mail who are quite busy this time of year!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/people_order_switch_...

One article I saw had someone get a tambourine instead @JohnnyShoulder!

Also turns out the games had been delivered already, no idea when they were though.

They were just in the cupboard outside without a card or anything through the letterbox... my partner looked there this morning, letting out a rather large sigh of relief as she handed them to me that I won't mither about them anymore 😂

Had a go of both... Looking forward to playing them properly over the christmas hols...

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Kidfried

Playing Hellblade, Tetris Effect and AC: Origins this weekend.

I'm a bit bored by Assassin's Creed, but I just want to see it through. So I'm slowly making progress.

Tetris Effect is a blessing of a game. It of course looks great, et cetera, but most of all it's a very good Tetris game. Love every minute of it.

And Hellblade is of course quite a unique experience. I don't think I've played enough to be able to form an informed opinion. I made it through the first three/four sections.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried How far along are you in Origins? I’m about 10 hours in I think, and I can see the repetitiveness creeping in. Still, the game is great fun. I do prefer the Spider-Man approach where the icons on the map tell you what the activity is going to be there. The whole question mark technique is a little frustrating. To go all the way across a region chasing down an isolated question mark only to find its another camp with enemies 5 levels higher than you that you’ll have to come back to, ...well it makes for a lot of back-and-forth time wasting. And the side activities do seem to be mostly the same stuff over and over. Yet, I am still enjoying it immensely but I wonder at what point I’ll hit a wall of boredom at the recycled activities. Looks like I’ve opened up only about 1/3 of the map, so hopefully the new areas keep things fresh.

As for Hellblade, the more time that passes since I played it the more I really appreciate the game. I liked it immensely at the time (I think I gave it an 8/10) but reminiscing about it has made me appreciate what Ninja Theory did there. I hope it resonates with you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Kidfried Hellblade is really unique. The combat is quite simple but good fun but there's plenty the game doesn't tell you about so it's worth looking up a list of combat moves.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/827518-hellblade-senuas-sac...

Most of that sounds fairly obvious to me now but I think I kind of forgot about using the focus ability. The running moves are really neat too, and parrying is very useful (and not too difficult).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad you got your games delivered the end, and yeah they should have left a card through your letter box.

Interested to read your impressions of Bloodstained. It didn't really click with me when I played it, but I do wanna go back to it at some point.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Ah well... They're safe and sound luckily that's all that matters!

Last christmas is when I started playing my first metroidvania @JohnnyShoulder of Hollow Knight ... So I think it's only fitting I ring out the year/start the next with Bloodstained

I had a brief go of the Galleon/ship starting stage on normal difficulty.

Got to the boss and ended up dying (I was being rather hasty/not too serious about it).

She was a lot tougher then I honestly expected from the starting boss.

May've been because compared to Hollow Knight the normal demons weren't that much a challenge whereas in Hollow Knight I was already making a bunch of mistakes with the platforming, bumping into/getting hit the enemy bugs and the much more limited health.

The shard system in Bloodstained seems pretty cool though. Eager to play it properly but I'll refrain for now.

Divinity: Original Sin II was a bit of a longer dive on the other hand due to the nature of the game.

That probably won't get played til the new year as I do wanna finish Witcher III and Dark Souls II first.

First impressions were good. Actually reminded me a bit of Dragon Age: Origins... Except not so janky and a bunch more complex.

I was tempted to actually use one of the named characters with a premade background rather then making my own which is a good sign... Especially that delightfully smug lizard known as "The Red Prince".

But the Undead and Dwarven male characters were pretty interesting too...

Kidfried

@Th3solution Be prepared for a lot of repetition.

To be honest, I am only playing this game still because I have already put so much time in it and want to see it through.

I was really high on this game when I just started, but there's just not enough variety in the gameplay. It feels like ticking boxes more than almost any AC game that came before it, to me at least.

I'd even argue the game gets less varied as you grow stronger. Right now I'm so much stronger than anyone I encounter, and my weapons are so good, that I have no problem with any enemy at all. I hardly feel motivated to be stealthy anymore.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Thrillho Thanks. There were a few things on there I didn't know yet, so thanks!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Thanks for the warning, that’s helpful information. I am already a little over-leveled for the area I’m in and I’ve been essentially clearing the map on my way through areas. Sounds like I should streamline and just focus on the story missions.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

avividan

Playing rise of the tomb raider after finishing the first one. A lot of freaking puzzles, but it's nice. How's shadow of tomb raider compared to it?

avividan

Gremio108

I've been distracted from my Shenmue III playthrough slightly by the kids' new game - Lego City Undercover. It's basically GTA for children and it's as glorious as it sounds.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@avividan A lot more puzzles, the combat kinda takes more of a back seat, but feels a bit more clunky in the process.

mookysam

@Th3solution Later side quests get much more engaging. Once you unlock better abilities and get better gear, beating fortresses and camps is really fun, especially if you use stealth. Much of the game's appeal for me was a mixture of the setting (my Nana was raised in Alexandria and as a result Egypt has always greatly fascinated me) and methodically exploring and ticking things off the to-do list. It was mentally a good game for me to play at that moment in time.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Zorbacles

Jedi Fallen Order
Yakuza Kiwami
GTA V
Batman Arkham Knight
Fortnite (dont judge me)

Zorbacles

Thrillho

@Zorbacles That is a lot of gaming, especially simultaneously!

I hope you enjoy Yakuza Kiwami as much as me

Thrillho

Zorbacles

@thrillho

To be fair the others stopped when I got Jedi so now I mostly play that and some fortnite.

I stream on twitch so one I've finished Jedi I will be alternating the other 4 on my stream

Zorbacles

HallowMoonshadow

Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition

I spent... way too much time playing this today. I didn't even make a whole lot of progress because I kept restarting it as I got into fights that were a bit too tough to handle yet or I ended up finishing the questline when I didn't mean to do so just yet and so on.

There's six or so different ways I can complete the main quest of just escaping at the moment with very different lead ins and routes (including one which is just find a way by yourself and not through any npc assistance)

... I enjoyed every second of it too 😁

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad your enjoying it! I played the first one very briefly. I seemed good I just wasn't in the mood to be playing that type of game. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic