Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Anything to get to that mission towards the end where you can orbit the entire Khons moon whilst setting up the Orbital Defence Cannon.

That mission and Mount Merakan were, and probably still are, my favourites from a gameplay perspective, although I obviously get a fanboy buzz from all the stuff on and around Geonosis. I also like the early prison break mission (and not just because that place is called Space Station 1138).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I started afresh this evening for the Code Vein demo

Everything just clicked today as I played through it once again and I thoroughly enjoyed myself this time around!

I think it's partially because I haven't actually played any of the Dark Souls imitators (Or even Sekiro) so I was admittedly going on muscle memory and unfairly going but this is what souls does.

Whilst Code Vein has plenty of the "Souls" systems in (The Bonfires, Souls, the challenge of it all, enemy respawns etc) Code Vein to me has more of an actiony game type feel to it in it's core design as well as the heavy anime tone to differentiate itself.

The fact that you get Ichor/MP back just from attacking (aside from when you use the heavy attack with the bayonet to fire a bullet) is very nice. Plus the drain move is quite useful to increase your total ichor as well as it can go up a whopping 55 (from 30) or so with the mage like Code/Class!

The fact that you can change Codes/Classes by simply going to the inventory is pretty useful and makes the game a bit more friendly on switching your playstyle up compared to the From games.

Plus with all the various gifts/spells & skills you can have, the fact you can transfer them (with some stat restrictions depending the class) between the various Codes once you've mastered a Gift is extremely useful! (Especially the def up buff you can get from the boss' Code!)

I also got to grips with the bayonet weapon and found it quite fun to use, especially when you have the scorpion tail jacket to drain enemies from a decent distance aways and the ranger or mage Classes for huge amounts of ichor to just pelt enemies with bullets, magic and even fireballs!

The menu for stats and your equipment and the likes is still a bit bleh and quite cluttered but I've got what it's displaying now.

Looking forward to the update to add another area and gonna go through the extra area already here! Looking forward to the official release!

Might upload some vids to my youtube too!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I'll having a go again tonight probably. That said, the ebay PS2 purchases are awaiting collection...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

so I was admittedly going on muscle memory and unfairly going but this is what souls does.

I had the same thing when I played The Surge @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, as soon as I stopped comparing it to the Souls games and nitpicking all the little differences, I started to enjoy it a lot more.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Here's hoping you have better luck this time (both with the blockade mission, if you attempt it, and with your eBay purchases)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

Wednesday I accidentally stomped on the retail copy on Infamous: Second Son I forgot I bought months ago since it was just € 8. Put some hours in it and I wonder why people are hyped for the new game by the same studio...
It's the very same mechanic repeated for every city zone. Even at the highest difficulty, one can easily breeze through the game and I already have almost every perk on the menu. Stats say I'm 34% so I hope the best is yet to come, but since now I have that strange feeling like watching a kids TV channel during a Sunday morning hangover.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Tasuki

Started Borderlands 3 last night. Only played about an hour cause I have work this morning so far I am enjoying it. There's a few QoL improvements that can be made that hopefully will be patched later on, but overall it's great.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KALofKRYPTON

@andreoni79 I wouldn't recommend you get Spider-Man then ;-p

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

andreoni79

@KALofKRYPTON I'm not interested in superheroes at all, but if a game is perfectly crafted I have no problems in wearing embarrassing costumes (for example I loved Batman Arkham Asylum). When I discovered that the Spiderman Goty edition was just the vanilla disc + vouchers + patches I lost every interest in it.
I'm surely gonna finish Infamous SS to see if it opens up somehow, but I just can't believe how elementary this game is...

KALofKRYPTON

@andreoni79 Seriously, don't buy Spider-Man. If the Infamous: Second Son gameplay loop annoys you a third of the way in - then Spider-Man will annoy you just as much.

I had Second Son on release and got First Light on release too and loved getting the plat's for them. After the hype died down a touch I got Spider-Man, which plays pretty much the same as The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

While beautifully put together, Spider-Man is essentially just Infamous mashed with most post 6th gen Spider-Man game with better traversal presentation. With no particular interest in the character to motivate you, may as well not bother with it.

andreoni79

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks for the advice!
Another thing that surely makes the game look dumb is the city itself: populated only by people in their thirties, with nothing to do except walking around with an umbrella under their arm and a smartphone in the other until they start yelling at me or collapsing around like kids crying for attention... It's so bad it's almost funny!

JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79 wrote:

Wednesday I accidentally stomped on the retail copy on Infamous: Second Son I forgot I bought months ago since it was just € 8. Put some hours in it and I wonder why people are hyped for the new game by the same studio...

Did you literally stomp on the disc? I'm surprised it still works!

Sucker Punch's next game, Ghosts of Tsushima looks a lot different to their previous games. And a load of people actually enjoyed Second Son, which is is why some are hyped to see how it turns out. Whenever that will be. 🤷‍♂️

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Taken a break from DQXI and and gone back to Ghost Recon Wildlands, I played it briefly for a few hours before DQXI. Am enjoying it so far, I like the emergent gameplay and it can go tits up fairly quickly if your not careful. I found it really accessible and within my first hour or so I was causing mayhem with a chopper. It is not as chaotic as say a Just Cause or Farcry game, but you are still free pretty much to lark about if you don't wanna do any other the missions. Been playing solo and don't feel at a disadvantage so far, your team AI is fairly good with only a couple of times them not being able to lock on to a target. Also take note Monster Hunter World, you can pause the game in this!

Thrillho

Also, the fact that you can save at any time now from the pause menu is such a nice thing.

Hallelujah!

I have quite the Yakzua backlog to get through now I own Kiwami 2 through to 6 but will spread them out like you say.

Thrillho

DerMeister

Funny about all this Yakuza talk, I started 0 this week. I haven't finished Horizon yet, but I was tired of it just sitting not being played.

Only on Chapter 4, and it's awesome that you also get to play as Majima. So far, the game feels just like Kiwami (I don't know why I expected different), so I'm accommodated well enough to it already.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Thrillho

@KratosMD I rattled through the first three or four chapters last night and the changes to the game have been a bit of a shock. Getting rid of the different combat styles is a bold move and for me so far it feels a little repetitive at the moment just hammering square and triangle, and occasionally running in circles until you charge up the heavy attack.

I feel the same way about sub stories so far as they have felt a little superficial and I'm surprised that a significant proportion have been single fights and then they're done. The UFO catcher one was also way harder than previous games (technique this time was mostly just nudging it towards the hole rather than picking it up) and I completely fluke the golf one by getting a hole in one.

The game also has a lot of blur when you turn on the spot which is something I HATE and took me a while o get used to.

@DerMeister Having played Zero before Kiwami, I quite liked that I knew all of Majima's attack styles having used them myself. The dancing style is pretty annoying to fight against! I'm so glad Kiwami is the only game to have had the Kiwami move feature though as for a significant proportion of the game, those high level enemies just recovered loads of health, making those big fights even more frustrating.

Thrillho

DerMeister

@Thrillho Whenever that happened, I just made sure I had some Tauriners on hand (The item that boosts Heat, not sure if I spelled it right) to stop it. It was still annoying though if you didn't have the proper move unlocked, so yeah, I understand the frustration.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Thrillho

@DerMeister Yeah, it was more that the abilities unlocked so late in the game that was annoying.

Thrillho

Gremio108

Well, it seems my Mafia III playthrough has hit a snag. One of the missions isn't spawning any more, leaving me a bit stuck. I'm looking around for a solution but if I can't fix it I might settle for watching a Let's Play so I can see how the story turns out. Either way it won't spoil my memories of what has been an enjoyable game.

Instead I've started Iconoclasts, of which I played a couple of hours today and enjoyed. It's very old-school in presentation and in execution, but it seems to be grappling with some pretty heavy themes. Seems like a game I'm going to enjoy.

I'm also toying with playing the Modern Warfare remaster we got on PS Plus recently. While figuring out my fave PS3 games for mcnoisy's definitive list, I realised I've never actually played the campaign. Me and my mates would just play the multiplayer back in the day, in local split-screen. It must be the only game where I've played the multiplayer but not the single player mode.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Which mission isn't popping for you in Mafia III, may I ask? Shame you're encountering such a progress-halting bug because you're right, it's a cracking game.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic