Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 6,460

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I keep seeing folks say how great those games are. Despite not being a fan of the franchise, they sound really cool. Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Just about finished with the second (Cyber Slueth Hacker's memory)... It's my first digimon game too @KratosMD (It's a side story so I didn't need to play the first... And it was cheaper too new xD) so keep an eye to the games you've recently beat thread if you're interested on hearing my thoughts!

As for actual input to the topic, Currently playing the Resident Evil Origins Collection... First time playing Zero and the RE:make.

I'm gearing up to write thoughts on Zero as well. That game certainly is... Something

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

I don't mind admitting to kinda cheating at LEGO DC Super-Villains in my quest for my 33rd platinum. Not the in-game, perfectly-acceptable Red Brick cheats, either, but an actual "this isn't how you're supposed to play and you're breaking the game" cheat.

The game's gliding physics (for characters with capes, so Batman and the like) are straight-up broken. They're probably fine on paper, but the fiddly, over-sensitive LEGO controls coupled with the needlessly-prolonged restart mechanic made the specific Glide Races practically impossible to complete... so I started each race as Batman, but then quickly called up the character selection screen and switched to Beast Boy. Beast Boy can turn into a bird and fly. Suddenly, the hardest races in the game became the easiest.

Sorry / not sorry.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
In fairness, it took me 40 hours or so to plat Lego Batman 3 - I was not having fun by the end of it really. Anything to cut a couple of corners is perfectly valid for those games!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON In fairness, LEGO DC Super-Villains has a really engaging, perfectly-paced hub world which makes things enjoyable even towards the end; last night I wasted an hour mucking about with the editable billboards around Metropolis, taking pictures of chickens, riding a baby mammoth and changing my custom hero's jeans, before catching myself in a "Hey, aren't you supposed to be platinuming this?" moment of self-admonishment.

It was just those Glide Races. They're a random, sudden spike of impossibility in a game series known for being almost therapeutic in its repetitive simplicity.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha!

It was the Duck Dodgers Green Loontern missions that did for my enjoyment of Lego Batman 3 i think. It was quite fun other than that!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh yeah, those dragged. I remember them now. Across all the different hub versions of the Lantern Worlds, which were really small and confusing! Yuck.

Best part of that game was the Batman '66 level, and the "Adam West in Peril" mechanic.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I figured it'd be best to move the conversation here as we're kinda derailing the games you've beat topic @Ralizah

But yeah Got the real armour key from the suit trap and that Crimson Head popped up that's outside the door.... I proceeded to burn everything I could. And f#$@ forest too!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy lol

Just be careful. Lighter fluid isn't limitless, so you want to save some to make sure you can burn bodies in any areas you might return to.

What do you think of it so far?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I'm liking it more then 0 @Ralizah ... But I could honestly say that about pretty much any game I've ever played xD

I'm playing on the second difficulty level (The hike one) ... which apparently going from the trophies is considered easy. Doesn't really feel it.

Poor Jill's croaked four times already... whereas in 0 I got through without a single death... even if I saved 12 times 😅

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah. I believe you don't even unlock hard difficulty until you play it on normal the first time.

Also consider that Jill is kind of "easy mode" anyway thanks to her better starting gear. She's my preferred character, though. There's a limit to how often I want my teeth to be kicked in.

If you complete it on normal or hard with both characters, you can unlock a mode that makes the enemies invisible. Y'know, if the game wasn't already brutal enough.

It's a beautiful, atmospheric, and sometimes harrowing experience. And so, so different from the PS1 original tonally.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh yeah cus that's what Resident Evil (and my dreams) really needed @Ralizah ... invisible zombies! It's optional at least right? 😅

Not playing REmake today though, finishing up Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth - Hacker's Memory!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It's optional in the sense that you can choose not to play the invisible enemies mode.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Hopefully nothing is tied to those modes @Ralizah ... Cus no way in hell am I playing that xD

And huh... Finished Digmon. That's gonna be an interesting write up!

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy There's a trophy tied to it, I believe. RE games always seem to have really hardcore trophy requirements.

HallowMoonshadow

@KratosMD

Mmm that's a similar thing in the sequel too (Thoughts on the entire thing coming soon) Though I'm not as bothered overall about the amount of text, the story is put on ice at times with some padding here and there

In context of being a Detective (A Hacker in the side story/sequel) it makes sense why there is periods of downtime and you're not barrelling through the multiple story threads at all times but I can understand the mixed feelings on some of it being considered padding.

However you're fond of the persona series (I am too I might add), you spend plenty of time in those games not furthering the plot along with social links and the likes... Persona 5 in particular dragged on to me and there's a whole of text to scroll through

Still I can understand your concerns they aren't perfect games

HallowMoonshadow

It's still essentially padding while you're waiting for the next story thread to kick in @KratosMD even if it's not as noticable and more enjoyable in Persona. There are some "friendship" scenes in Hacker's memory but it's only a three scene thing after doing a number of repeatable side quest battles.

I'd say persona 5 is worse at over explaining every little thing but that's just my personal opinion lol

Hopefully the pacing becomes better for you and you enjoy it more!

Splat

Battle Chasers and really enjoying it. I'm normally not a big turnbased guy but it has it's hooks in me.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Elodin

@Splat nice! I was about to buy it then saw that it is coming to android soon for $10. I think it will play well on my phone.

Elodin

RR529

I've actually recently started up Knack, which I got on sale for $4 months ago.

I'm actually finding it to be a pretty nice time so far. It's no God of War or Spider-Man, but it's not a bad game, IMO. It looks pretty nice, and gameplay, while simple, is responsive & solid. If I had any complaints, it's that I think Knack's design is a bit ugly, and the medieval troll civilization doesn't fit the rest of the world, which has more of a sci-fi vibe (almost like they're leftovers from a time when the game could have had a different theme).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic