Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 6,461

Kidfried

I'm playing Shovel Knight. I played it for a bit on PC years ago, but PC games just never manage to keep my attention. So, I started playing on PS4 this week, and I'm already near completing the base game.

I already knew I liked the game a lot - and I still do. You could argue whether this game was overrated by critics at the time of anything, but I just care about completing those levels right now, and I have a lot of fun (and some frustration) while doing it.

At some points I feel the controls are a bit sticky. And I also don't know what to think of the big knockback you get on being hit with a projectile (which will often result in your death, when platforming), but on the other hand that's very true to the game's big inspirations: Mega Man and Castlevania.

Can't wait to play more soon, but I'm moving this month, so... who knows when I get to again.

Kidfried

Thrillho

I’ve gone back to Surviving Mars now I got the season pass cheaply.

The first DLC pack seems to have added so little to the game, while the second hasn’t really featured for me yet as I’m scrambling to get resources so can’t really worry about terraforming yet.

Thrillho

FalconIX

Playing Beach Buggy and Overcooked with friends these past few weeks. Waiting till payday to get Team Sonic Racing and Hidden Agenda.

FalconIX

PSN: Siege_FalconIX

KidRyan

I've been playing L.A. Noire for the first time, pretty sure I'm nearing the halfway point or at it.

This game definitely makes me miss GTA...might just fire up GTA 5 despite never beating GTA 4's DLC on PS3.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Th3solution

@KratosMD So what’s your take — I haven’t played Origins or Odyssey. Skip Origins and go straight to Odyssey or play Origins first? (Time is limited and I’ll probably only squeeze in one of these in the foreseeable future.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@KratosMD How's life mate? Good to have you back posting. I hope things are better for you now.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Elodin

Switching between Spiderman and Dead Cells. I just found out that Spiderman will be half during Days of Play so I'm a bit disappointed on my recent purchase. It's still a fun game though.

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin Yeah I saw that, I may finally pick it up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Since I've got a raging headache this week, I've swapped out the neon-coloured visual assault of Team Sonic Racing for the subtle, slow-moving beauty of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Been wanting to replay it for a while, ever since Uncharted 4 left me cold last year, because I've played it the least out of the entire franchise. There's less chance of it feeling stale. It also helps that it's relatively short, and has a greater balance between "run through this in five minutes" and "explore for an hour" gameplay pacing. Photo Mode doesn't hurt, either, because then at least it all feels somewhat productive if I come away with some new desktop wallpapers.

The urban opening sequence took me three hours yesterday, because I was stopping to explore and take snapshots of all the various goings-on. It also reminded me that I love Chloe and Nadine, and triggered a couple flash-forwards to parts of the game I'm now really looking forward to.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

spaceghost

Down the souls rabbit role. Took on DS3 and finally went back to finish Bloodborne. Bought DS1 remastered and having a fun time with it, just got to Anor Londo. Also plan on getting back into Sekiro (hit a roadblock around the area of the Guardian Ape), looking forward to diving back in. While DS and BB have incredible worlds and satisfying combat, Sekiro was on a different level with the combat. Every sword fight feels like an intense duel.

Also played through the RE2 remake a couple times, incredible fun and still blows my mind seeing raccoon city with the aid of modern tech.

Edited on by spaceghost

spaceghost

RogerRoger

@Frigate It might very well be my favourite, too. Exploring the Western Ghats yesterday was such a blast. I do have a truckload of love for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception but the quality of storytelling and gameplay pacing is on another level here.

Happy to oblige RE: screenshots! Because of the insane level of detail, however, many of my best are too big to upload. Those I'll try posting on the PushSquare PS4 Community page.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

spaceghost

Some douche invaded and backstabbed me while I was in my equipment menu at the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo. I swung at him and hit the blacksmith by accident (my introduction to the aggro npc system).

Now I’m strictly playing offline. What kind of douche invades and backstabs a host while they’re obviously in their equipment menu and unaware of your invasion? I was all for dueling before, clean honorable duels, but that encounter kind of ruined pvp for me.

spaceghost

AdamantiumClaws

Bioshock 2, but got tired of it. Thank God for the library, saving me from spending money on games I might not like. I was excited to see Just Cause 4 on my most recent visit, but I was disappointed to find that graphically it is not much better than the third game, and just in general seems less enjoyable. They could have done so much more.

I've played Bioshock 1 and 2 now, and haven't cared for either, but I still have Infinite and based on what I've seen it looks more up my alley.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Ralizah

Started playing Sonic Mania tonight and completed the first three zones. Those special stages with the blue orbs really suck. And, boy, I was NOT expecting to encounter a legit Puyo-Puyo stage as a stand-in for a boss fight.

I can see why people like this game so much: it really does feel like a true sequel to the Genesis games. It'll never be one of my favorites, of course, because I'm just not a huge Sonic fan, but, so far, it's well-done. The boss encounters are already a lot more creative than they were in the classic games. I also like, in returning zones, how the first act is almost an exact replica of the classic stage, but it gets weird and starts introducing new mechanics in the second act.

Actually had to lower the volume in my headset settings, too. The game is INSANELY loud at max volume with headphones on.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Persnickety Fanboy Alert! That would be Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine as the Act 2 Boss for Chemical Plant Zone... which, okay, was a cash-in re-skin of Puyo-Puyo, but it explains why it's there.

Glad it isn't just me who leaps out of his skin every time the "SAY-GAH!!" blares out as a rude reminder of how loud the default volume is. That little bug isn't just relegated to headphone-users, it's across the board; pretty sure it's woken the neighbours a couple times.

Also, glad you're enjoying it thusfar!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I have horrible memories of Mean Bean Machine. I've just never really grokked Puyo-Puyo, unfortunately, which is why I eventually ended up selling my copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris. The Game Gear version is brutal as well. The boss fight was a pretty darn easy match of Puyo-Puyo, but I can't imagine what I would have done if I wasn't already acquainted with the mechanics of that game!

RE headphone volume: It was everything. The music was deafening. Which is fine, because I can lower the volume via the quick menu, but I've never had to mess with it before.

Squeezed three more zones in this morning. I'm really glad modern consoles like PS4 and Switch have suspend functions. I'm also glad, in case we have a power outage and that function fails on PS4, that the game actually saves your progress.

The music might be the best aspect of this game. Simply superb.

I also continue to be amazed by the weird, warping level design in these games where, no matter what route you take and in what direction, you'll eventually find yourself on a path to the end of the stage. It feels very weird to go down little detours to the left before eventually heading the right direction again.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

QualityGeezer

I'm loving ESO but after starting so late, still on the base game, I can't find ppl to do the dungeons with

QualityGeezer

JohnnyShoulder

Started Need For Speed Payback. Only played it for 45 mins or so but I like it so far. The handling is defo on the acrade as to be expected which is what I wanted. It looks and sounds good, so much that I had to turn the sound effects down so I could hear the radio better. I will probably last a few more days before Spotify comes into play. It does do a cool thing with the ds4 speaker with the police radio coming through. It always makes me smile when it is used, shame most devs do not use it.

On the negative side some of the cut scenes are laughingly bad, especially some of the character animations. Also don't like how the game goes to a cut scene on some of the cooler moments, on some there is no reason why it couldn't be left up to the player.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

I anxiously started my first ever Sonic game, Sonic Mania today. I have to be honest — I haven’t particularly enjoyed it. My apologies to Sonic fans everywhere, but it’s not clicking with me. It’s not that I’ve never played retro styled 2D platformers before, but man... I just don’t get it. And by that I mainly mean - I don’t think I really comprehend how to play this game. I think I understand the allure of the game to its fans — The levels seem to be well crafted, there is a lot of depth to the gameplay for a game that uses basically one button. There is a lot of care put into the multiple possible pathways and the obstacle, enemy and power-up placement. But I have trouble completing even the opening levels. I know I’ve been spoiled by modern game development where now games have tutorial sections and beginning levels built in to naturally teach one the game mechanics and hints constantly pop up during gameplay and loading screens. This game tells me nothing. There is no introduction to even who Sonic is and the other little creatures you can play as. I know one is named Tails I think, which I know just from reading these forums. And I guess I would be fine with a lack of narrative or exposition of it weren’t for an also utter lack of direction on what I am to do in this game. Of course by trial and error I figured out a few things, like how to curl up into a ball and roll faster. And that the rings I collect seem to maybe be a form of health? All I know is that when I run into an enemy that my rings spill out everywhere apparently. The controls feel fairy imprecise and floaty and Mr. Sonic has a definite momentum to his movement that make his frustrating to control for a newbie. The early boss fights are actually the easiest part, but just trying to navigate through a map is quite a chore. I think the idea of Sonic is maybe the speed of it, but I can’t really get any speed with all the direction changes, enemies, spikes and pitfalls, water traps, and just general complexity of the map.
Anyway, I’m sure I’m playing the game completely the wrong way, but I haven’t found it enticing enough to ‘git gud’ at it. After an hour or so, I didn’t feel the fun factor kicking in yet, or the curiosity factor even because I just don’t have any emotional tie to see what becomes of these alien UFO’s and the (admittedly cute) little furry creatures running around.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic