Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 6,458

Tasuki

Started Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition with my son tonight. He's playing Roland and I am playing Lilith. I am actually having alot of fun with this one. I will post some more thoughts on it in the actual thread.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

Playing Nioh. It's a great game. I am struggling a lot, but so far I have felt challenged more than I felt frustrated.

I do feel that with almost every difference between this game and Bloodborne, I prefer From Software's implementation. But I expected as much going in, so it's fine. Can't wait to play more.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Kidfried Two days later I don't really agree with this post anymore. Nioh does some great things, Bloodborne doesn't.

The environments are magical, and so far the bosses have been just perfect.

Kidfried

Ralizah

I really need to get around to Nioh at some point. The smaller, more structured levels are far easier to keep my bearings in than the vast open worlds of Dark Souls and Bloodborne (based on my time with the beta, at least), and it looks like it has more of a structured narrative than either of those games. On the other hand, I hope they adjusted the difficulty in the final product, because the Succubus boss fight in the beta was way harder than any boss fight I ever encountered in Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I couldn't beat it, and I generally consider myself decent at action games (I defeated Vicar Amelia the first time I encountered her/it, for example).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

It's the kids' holidays, and since I don't tend to get much gaming in when they're off, I've been bouncing off a couple of more kid-friendly things.

I've started Tearaway Unfolded after hearing my sons tell me how good it is for the last two years. What a beauty this game is. I've only completed the first chapter but I'm enjoying it.

My eldest and I are also plodding slowly through The Witness. This is a strange game for me. Either I suss the puzzles out straight away or not at all. It's like if my brain doesn't see the solution instantly it shuts down in a fit of petulance and refuses to see it at all. I stared at one puzzle for about half an hour the other day. Still haven't cracked it. It's a beautiful game to be stuck in though, so it's all good.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@Ralizah The succubus was a wall for me. It was my hardest boss in the game, probably. I'm surprised that was the demo boss. In the context of the game I felt it served as a test of whether I'd been paying attention. Up to that point I'd been cruising along, not really paying attention to the armour stats, accessories and other underlying systems, and I'd been getting away with it (not saying that's what you've been doing, mind, but it's definitely how I'd been playing it). Then she came along. Basically, paralysis-resistant gear made a difference for me. To put that boss at the end of a demo is harsh.

@Kidfried Yeah, spot on. I miss Nioh since I finished it.

Kidfried

@Gremio108 I had the exact same experience with the Succubus boss. Buffs, debuffs and armor based on the context, made this boss fight very doable. It felt a bit like the best part of the Witcher, in that you can try to prepare for what you're going to be facing.

Kidfried

Gremio108

@Kidfried Yeah, armour buffs etc seem to be more important than levelling up in Nioh. That's one of the biggest ways in which it differs from Souls I think

Ralizah

@Gremio108 There were at least two bosses in the beta. The first one is... tough, but manageable with practice. I can't tell you how many times I banged my head on that succubus wall, though. And, of course, the worst thing about games like this is that, every time you die, you have to trek through a substantial portion of the level to get back into it, which also probably contributed to my sense of psychological exhaustion with the encounter.

I think there might have been a second boss before the succubus, but it was a simple enough fight that I barely even remember it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah Was the beta so different from the actual game then? I could walk from the last shrine to the boss encountering but one regular enemy.

Kidfried

Tjuz

I played through the very very first bit of BioShock Infinite tonight (up to right after the baptism), which I've played through before on PC, and I've just been reminded about how amazing that intro portion of the game is. I think it's truly the best gaming intro I've ever seen in any game. It's perfection. The boat ride, the moving up the lighthouse, the red storm and launch, the underground religious place with all the beautiful candles and incredible music and finally the short glimpse in what I can only assume is the past or some alternate universe? One hell of a second first impression. I'm very excited to continue with this installment.

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

Shatter

Bioshock Infinite was an amazing experience. I’ve been tempted more than once to pick up the Bioshock Collection to relive it and the other chapters of that franchise. I’m currently playing through Wolfenstein: The New Order, having ignored that game for far too long. Once I’ve killed my last nazi, I may have to give in to nostalgia and fire up Bioshock.

Shatter

Thrillho

@Tjuz It’s the Beach Boys rendition that I always think of from that first section.

Thrillho

AdamantiumClaws

Been playing a lot of Conan Exiles, a game I would have never known about if not for PS Plus. Unfortunately I had to shell out for the PEGI version last night, as I don't like censorship in my games.

Even the rocks do not recall.

KALofKRYPTON

Last night's run on Elite: Dangerous - a bit of courier stuff and some bounty hunting. Took a couple of kill contracts - the first one being 'mistaken identity' apparently! Ha!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@Frigate I agree with you completely. Not sure where AC3 hate comes from. I enjoyed it more than Black Flag.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Frigate Lol, well I just assumed some of it is just personal preference on the historical setting. Like maybe most people find Renaissance, Egyptian, Middle Eastern, or Asian history better. I personally enjoy American history a lot, and the whole Native American angle, but that’s just me.
But yeah, people can’t be trusted either.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ryall

I certainly found my sympathies lie with the British Imperial officials and soldiers you were killing rather than the greedy rebel scum you are fighting for. @Th3solution

Ryall

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic