Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 6,458

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Blasphemy. Moore's and Heathledger's Jokers are that to me.

(I like Arkham's Joker, though. Especially when voiced by Troy Baker in Origins!)

I get how Arkham feels like a less impressive Spider-Man, but I do agree with RR that the game's presentation is good enough to stick around for.

Also, I think the fighting still holds up too, but I get that it probably won't feel as fresh as back then in 200X.

Kidfried

Victor_Meldrew

Just finished Pillars of Eternity, started Kingdom Come Deliverance and loving it.

Victor_Meldrew

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @Kidfried Mark Hammil's performance edges it for me, but Heath Ledger is a very close second.

Plus this give me an excuse to dig this clip out.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Not to derail things too much, but I can't stand Heath Ledger's Joker. Nothing against the talent of his performance, but I just hate almost every aspect of that film. It's almost unwatchable.

I agree with all of your other points, though!

@JohnnyShoulder Love clips like that, thank you. To see Luke Skywalker, symbol of hope for a billion Star Wars fans around the globe, become and deliver one of the greatest villains of all time is just... y'know, it's one of those things where, every time I think "Mark Hamill is the Joker", I have to almost convince myself that it's real. I always react with a kinda "No way, you're kidding!" to the thought.

It was the Arkham games that introduced me to that voice cast. I didn't get to see too much animated Batman as a kid, it was always the live-action films, so playing Arkham Asylum for the first time was my gateway to that universe and those interpretations of the characters.

And I'll love them forever as a result, because games are much more engaging than cartoons.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Hamill will always be "my" Joker, but Ledger's performance was an original and incredible take on the character.

In general, I'm not a huge superhero movie fan (I especially find the overblown Marvel stuff to be tiresome), but The Dark Knight is easily one of my favorite films of all time.

It's cinematic marmite, though. I have a friend who can't stand the film.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah ...and now you have two.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I started Nioh this afternoon. I've only played it for an hour or so, but it seems very enjoyable. At first I thought it was like some sort of missing link between Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but unless I'm imagining things, I think it's faster even than BB.

I like the cut of the main character's jib.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Gremio108 It's a great game and I thought the combat system with the different stances was quite unique. The levels are pretty good on the whole except for the obligatory poisonous sewer level.

The only down thing is that the enemy types can get a bit repetitive but overall I really enjoyed it.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Thrillho Well I've only done the Tower of London level, but I explored it thoroughly and had a good time doing so. The combat is a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to the poisonous sewer already.

Gremio108

@Kidfried It's Sekiro soon as well, so you won't have to wait long for your next hit. That's partly why I'm playing Nioh now - get it out of the way before Sekiro, otherwise I'm worried I'll never bother with it. It's been lent to me, so there's the added pressure that I have to see it through.

Also, I wanted a protagonist who moves a little quicker than Arthur Morgan. I figured the only way to follow Red Dead II was to go to the other end of the scale, you know?

Th3solution

@Gremio108 @Kidfried We’ve got Code Vein coming at some point as well. I really am curious about the whole anime-Soulsborne mixture that it appears to have. It was supposed to come out last autumn and apparently is permanently delayed with no release date announced. Not a good sign.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

Currentply playing:

• Hitman (almost 100%ed the 6th episode)
  • Tomb Raider (beat the main game, have to find some energy to play Croft Manor. @RogerRoger is that ANY good?)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (almost beat the epilogue, busy tieing up loose ends)
  • Virtue's Last Reward (had to take it back a notch to prevent burning myself on the series after rushing through 999)

I also just downloaded:

• The Order 1886, which I still want to replay
  • Modern Warfare Remastered, for old time's sake
  • Yoku's Island Express, after hearing so many good things about it

The point is... I feel I spread myself too thin alternating between all of those. So I hope to check some off my list in the next week.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Right, honesty time. Because I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan and therefore loved the Croft Manor DLC (or at least half of it), so I immediately wanna encourage you to play it.

But objectively? It isn't essential. There are two parts; first is a 90-minute walking simulator where you collect notes and clues, solve a couple puzzles and slowly open up Croft Manor to learn a neat little slice of Lara's legacy. It's very sweet, very character-driven and has a few neat little Easter Eggs for us long-term fans of the franchise. If that sounds appealing and you've got a spare evening, go nuts. I've played it twice before and enjoyed it both times.

The second part returns you to the same level, but fills it with waves of zombies (the same zombies from the Cold Darkness DLC, which at least felt like it had a point). It's, er... perfectly fine, I guess? I only played it the once and am fine never revisiting it. I guess they did it because they felt that post-reboot Lara can't leave anywhere without shooting something.

Long story short? I genuinely have no idea whether you'll like them or not, sorry!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Andere here I was hoping for a one word yes/no-answer!

Guess I'll just play through it tonight and try. I played half an hour of the Zombie DLC, but I don't think I'll return. It's not even remotely close to what I want in a TR game. The gameplay was more akin Pac-Man than Tomb Raider.

(I remember doing the same with RDR's zombie DLC back in the day)

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried What, the Cold Darkness one? Yeah. It's neat for a first try, but I think I only went back a second time because I needed a quick bronze trophy to get an even percentage (and your Pac-Man comment made me chuckle, too; never thought of that before, but you're so right). They're odd additions; I think they'd have been more at home in TR2013, when the "survival horror" influences of the reboot were more evident. With each passing game, things have moved steadily back towards a more traditional Tomb Raider tone.

Genuinely, the more I think about it, I reckon you might like the walking simulator part of the Croft Manor DLC. I think it's even safe and separate from the zombie part, so if you're impressed with it when you're done, maybe don't ruin it by returning to shoot some undead.

Did you play the Baba Yaga DLC that was integrated with the main campaign?

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I thought it was only OK. And I don't think I ever got to all the zombies.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder Liked it. The story was even rather touching in certain parts, which I didn't expect at all, after Rise's story that left me a bit cold - and which twists I could see coming from miles away. This one had a few decent surprises too.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @Kidfried Ah yes the Baba Yaga DLC was probably my favourite part of the game. Very atmospheric!

Kidfried

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder I... didn't care for the Baba Yaga stuff at all actually. I knew how the story would go before I even started it, the boss battle was a bit of a letdown and I've just seen too much "face your fears during a psychedelic trip" in video games the last few years for that to still make an impact.

It wasn't bad or anything, but it was nothing new for me. I liked that one puzzle, though.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic