Forums

Topic: TOP 5 PS4 games

Posts 281 to 300 of 408

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, but in WRoEF you get to walk around in a very unique circumstance. Zombies and shotguns are a dime a dozen. But this is different

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution I actually totally missed that until the end of the game. I kept looking at her stomach during play, thinking "that looks a bit out of proportion". :')

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Oh no! I thought it was obvious! Oh gosh, I better edit that comment straight away!! I feel bad.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution I honestly don't know if it is or isn't obvious! I might just be very slow at this kinda thing.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Lol, and I can’t remember back when I played it when that became apparent to me, but I thought it was early. However this is a gem that I think is best played without any spoiling, so I took the detail out.

RogerRoger

Blimey, good question... um... this list will obviously change over time, but currently I'd say that my top five PS4 games are as follows.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
3. Batman: Arkham Knight
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. Lara Croft Go

The ordering of the top four shuffles in my headspace so often, they've changed three times whilst I've been typing this reply out. They're also being assaulted by Mass Effect Andromeda, which really should be up there somewhere.

I'm very aware that the fifth game up there was a mobile game first, since that's where I played it first, but there's something just gorgeously zen about the graphics, sound and gameplay that makes playing it on a massive tellybox, with the surround sound turned up to eleven, one heck of a relaxing evening (and it has a much more powerful impact on my mood than either of the "full-fat" Tomb Raider experiences currently available on PS4). It's my wild card in an otherwise pretty predictable, safe list.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried @Octane @jaz007 Playing devils advocate I think we have just been through a really good era in tv with loads of much watch "box sets". A lot of the games we rate highly story wise, even the best written games are no match for film.

However the world building and additional lore really stands out in games. After a films credits roll its rare I will do any digging about the characters, with games I actively look for additional info and sub stories.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

Last posted:
1.Uncharted 4
2.Nier: Automata
3.Uncharted Lost Legacy
4.MGSV: The Phantom Pain
5.Horizon Zero Dawn

Updated:
1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Uncharted 4
3. Nier Automata
4. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
5. Bloodborne

So yeah, SotC is the best ever. My vote for Mcnoisy BOAT, so it needs to be on here now since the PS4 release occurred since my last list. And even though I haven’t finished the game, I already like Bloodborne more than HZD.

NecuVise

Th3solution wrote:

@Kidfried Lol, and I can’t remember back when I played it when that became apparent to me, but I thought it was early. However this is a gem that I think is best played without any spoiling, so I took the detail out.

Too late man, you already spoiled it to me but I don't mind, as I hope I will forget it by the time I get to play it.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise Argh, I should be ashamed. Thought maybe I changed the comment in time. I had a moment of stupidity and forgot myself. The game is a kind of series of vignettes, each with its own interesting and separate short story and outcome, although they weave together, but that one little detail I let slip is not a big secret, but still it’s best not to go in with too much information. I read the review on here and they didn’t put in there so I guess I shouldn’t have. Regardless, What Remains of EF is probably in my top 10 PS4 games, even if it doesn’t crack the top 5. I definitely recommend it.

NecuVise

@Th3solution I don't mind it, it's just a game after all, so be relaxed. I'll try it out eventually, but I'll probably forget what you said or maybe I won't even care

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Do you think anything will be able to budge Danganronpa V3?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@KratosMD I’m curious, how far are you into Persona 5? How many hours?

Jaz007

JJ-firl

@RogerRoger I'm currently playing Hitman Go between games as some sort of palate cleanser. It is indeed very relaxing and it provides just the right challenge to stay fun (Not a walk in the park but never really frustrating). When it's finished I'm turning to Lara Croft Go, glad to hear it's just as zen.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

RogerRoger

@JJ-Firl Hitman Go is beautiful, I love the board game aesthetic; makes cold-blooded murder something palatable and relaxing, which is a tall order.

Lara Croft Go is essentially the same experience, but makes tweaks in the presentation and style, making it fresh enough to feel distinctive. There's also some nice fan service included in parts, which I appreciated. Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Old Top 5

1) Yakuza Zero / Kiwami
2) Statik
3) Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
4) Badland (playing on the Vita absolutely brilliant on the go)
5) Odin Sphere

New Top 5

1) Yakuza Zero / Kiwami
2) Statik
4) God of War
5) Super Mario Odyssey

Thats my last update until August. Absolutely snowed under with life atm. Top tips for younger more intelligent gamers; get a job close to home and dont have more kids than wives.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy Where’s the Oddesey port announcement!? How did I miss such major news! Nintendo must be done for. Is Breath of the Wild Coming too?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 @Kidfried errrrr. My new top 5 is!!!! (Bear in mind this is more my top games atm rather than all the way back to when the ps4 came out, else rocket league, rogue legacy, HZD and mgs 5 would be staples of the list below yakuza)

New Top 5

1) Yakuza Zero / Kiwami
2) Statik
4) God of War
5) Pure Pool

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.