Forums

Topic: TOP 5 PS4 games

Posts 261 to 280 of 408

Gremio108

@DistortedAndroid Yeah, that's why I was wondering, because the two games are so different. I love Dirt 4, but it doesn't have that feeling of living on the edge that Dirt Rally has. It always felt like you were one slip from absolute disaster in that game! Dirt 4 doesn't quite have that danger element.
Dirt 4 did feel like a step back in terms of challenge and simulation, but it's good fun. I think if you're into rally games then your best bet is to own both, then you've got the best of both worlds. Although there are so many customisation options in 4 that you can change it so it's like Dirt Rally, but I found it hard to get the balance right when I tinkered too much.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

starhops

The ever evolving list

1. The Witcher 3, with both DLC
2. Horizon Zero Dawn, with DLC
3. Bloodborne, with DLC
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider

Online Only:
1. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (it's not without its flaws, but I do enjoy it)
2. Warframe (best free online shooter game out there)
3. Fortnite

I mention the DLCs, because I feel they made the game even better with amazing new content that was better or a major improvement from the original release.

Of course, TLOU remastered is in my personal top 5.
Nier: Automata is on my list when it goes on sale as is AC:Origins.

starhops

PSN: starhops

YeYa

My current list would be:
1. Uncharted 4
2. Witcher 3
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. AC Origins
5. Bloodborne
This will most likely change this year with RDR2, Spidey and GoW coming.
I didn't include remasters.

PSN: YeYa_3

themcnoisy

Ok now 3 and a bit months on;

OLD TOP 5
1) Yakuza Zero
2) Statik
3) Odin Sphere
4) What Remains of Edith Finch
5) GT Sport

NEW TOP 5
1) Yakuza Zero / Kiwami
2) Statik
3) Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
4) Badland (playing on the Vita absolutely brilliant on the go)
5) Odin Sphere

So yeah Im using this thread a lil differently now. If I was to put my favourite ps4 games, Rocket League, MGS 5, Rogue Legacy, TLOU remastered, HZD etc etc would all be rated above Badland. However Im gonna be posting every few months with the games Im currently enjoying or have enjoyed over a shorter timeframe than 4 years. Hope that makes sense.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Can we vote on what is the best game lol

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

1. Persona 5
2. Bloodborne
3. Assassin’s Creed: Unity
4. inFamous: Second Son
5. Final Fantasy XV

This would be current top 5 I think. FFXV and Persona 5 are both here largely due to story, and I’m starting to realize more and more that gameplay isn’t necessarily the most important part of a game.

Jaz007

Kidfried

I wish I was able to include Bloodborne and What Remains of Edith Finch in this list. But I just couldn't pick them over games like MGS and The Witness. Uncharted 4 I had less trouble throwing out. It's a great ride, but it lacks depth compared to my favorites.

Old...
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. The Witness
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

New!
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. The Last Guardian
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. The Witness
5. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I like that list! The only game I'm missing is Shadow of the Colossus!

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Still need to play that one on PS4. Just like Nier: Automata, Persona 5 and Yakuza 0.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 And i can't remember the last time i thought cor this game has a really good story. Maybe the first Wolfenstien? But that wouldn't be on my top 5.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder I haven't been blown away by a story since the PS1 days with FF7, MGS, FF9 and the like. Of course I was much more impressionable back then.

Of course there have been some awesome stories in games since, but I can't say I've played many games with awful gameplay just to enjoy the story recently..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 have you played What remains of Edith Finch? Over rated last year imo but the story is absolutely awesome!

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy No, I am kind of interested as I heard great things but I got very very little from other "walking sims" (hate that name) like Rapture/Dear Esther and Gone Home.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 give it a miss then. It is the best walking sim I have played, although thats not saying much.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I'll hopefully give it a go one day! Don't fancy paying for it though

I like my walking sims set on abandoned space stations or haunted houses with aliens, zombies, famethrowers and shotguns thrown in.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Octane

Yeah, as far as the walking sims go, What Remains of Edith Finch is one of the better ones. The only one I really liked was Firewatch.

Octane

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 I think Edith Finch is actually pretty good at making the walking sim more interactive. There's still no real challenge to it (you can't fail in any way), but I think it is better at being a game than many other games in its genre.

I think you'll definitely like it more than Gone Home, but

With regards to story in games, I think story needs to be adapted to the medium. The story of The Last Guardian or Edith Finch is only so strong, because of it being a game. The stories of these games just wouldn't work as a movies.

So I think 'gameplay' must be good for the story to actually work. I think it's one of the reasons why The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever, but The Witcher 2 (linear) wasn't as good, though still a fine game. As a fully open world game the world of The Witcher just makes more sense.

Same goes for other media in a way. It's one of the reasons I hate most of the DC and Marvel movies, but love their respective comics.

Sorry, I'm just rambling now. Anyway, I love Edith Finch, but I also like shotguns.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Hmm the game i can think of is Life is Strange that had a really strong story this gen. Maybe Firewatch but i never finished it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.